CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #1,156 of 2,466
Jun 8, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #1,157 of 2,466
Well, I've demoed so many IEMs within the last weeks or so... Suffice to say, the closest I could get to a Havi B3 Pro 1 is the FIBAE 2. Although, FIBAE 2 sounds more for "active" listening and it sounds a little more forward-ish, I think. I much prefer the Havis' laid-backness across the entire frequency spectrum.

FIBAE 2... Hmm... Uncannily similar FR, but FIBAE's middle treble-high treble a little louder compared to Havis' highest mids-lowest treble being the louder/more prominent portion. That, plus more forward overall (FIBAE) vs very laid back and suck-your-thumb-in-foetal-position soothing (Havi). Both soundstage also quite enveloping, with intimate mids but everything else threatening to approach shoulder width. I prefer, no, I demand this kind of out-of-head rendering even if they're IEMs, because I look stupid in public when circumaurals are wearing my head as a fashion accessory.

I might need to try both the FIBAE 1 and 2 again next week, to double-check and make sure I wasn't freaking dreaming. Funnily enough, I didn't like the FIBAE 2 with copper cables as it sounded a little too bright, and that kinda surprised me a little. Switched to the stock black PlasticsOne and it got less "hot" and only borders on "aallmost too bright for you, @FactoryStock! Close enough!"

Forgot to ask what make of cable it was, though. Gotta go back and demo again before I pull the trigger. :thinking:
Also funny how I prefer FIBAE 2 with its warm but open sound and *only* 20-16500Hz, compared to the SE846's 20-20000Hz and sounding so wound-up and claustrophobic. Whitepapers don't mean jack sometimes, and it really shows here. Strange.

Edit: Paragraph 2 treble difference, more thoughts on last paragraph

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,158 of 2,466
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180615190012882_COVER.jpg

This came last week. The one and only fb1. I don't see much fb1 here .

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,160 of 2,466
Great looking shells!
thanks! great work by @piotrus-g and team!

Looking for good cable pairing. Anyone can suggest a good spc for it? I tried to pair with a few copper and hybrid. Doesn't pair so well.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #1,161 of 2,466
This came last week. The one and only fb1. I don't see much fb1 here .

Can you tell us a bit about what you hear in FIBAE 1? Music One was my first CIEM and it still holds a special place in my heart :D

Jun 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #1,162 of 2,466
Just got back off holiday to find the "tried to deliver" slip from the post office, so will pick up my refit fibae 2's tomorrow. Nice to have them back, thanks for the quick turn around CA! Should fit this time as the right needed just a little thickening to hold the seal.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #1,163 of 2,466
Can you tell us a bit about what you hear in FIBAE 1? Music One was my first CIEM and it still holds a special place in my heart :D
I have not heard Music One and I do not know of the differences between them. Fibae 1 is my first customs, based on the first few days of using the cable makes a lot of difference, I have change to a spc cable from a local cabler in Singapore and it made vast of differences. What I can hear now is similar to etymotics(ER4XR) but more coherent and not so dry. Soundstage is bigger in width but not in height and details are clear and nicely separated. Lower bass is more polite but more apparent mid-bass. Treble are nice and smooth. Flatness goodnesss

I am using it with opus #2.

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #1,164 of 2,466
FIBAE 11.jpg

My splendid FIBAE MEs have returned from Poland, and fitting better than ever! And looking better than ever!

Great work, again, @piotrus-g! My ears are in rapturous pleasure. I know I've said this before, but it's just been so long! You've outdone yourself. Their tuning is outstanding. They pair devilishly well with Effect Audio Leonidas and the DX200/AMP4. :D

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,165 of 2,466

My splendid FIBAE MEs have returned from Poland, and fitting better than ever! And looking better than ever!

Great work, again, @piotrus-g! My ears are in rapturous pleasure. I know I've said this before, but it's just been so long! You've outdone yourself. Their tuning is outstanding. They pair devilishly well with Effect Audio Leonidas and the DX200/AMP4. :D
Congratulations Pinky...glad you finally got them back. They are truly a wonderful IEM with some similarities to one recent TOTL you own.

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,167 of 2,466
If I wanted to run a fibae 2 in balanced from a hiby R6 what sort of cable would I need? Currently just using stock. Would like to stick with Effect Audio for now.

Thanks

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,168 of 2,466
If I wanted to run a fibae 2 in balanced from a hiby R6 what sort of cable would I need? Currently just using stock. Would like to stick with Effect Audio for now.

Thanks

Eros II or Ares II :)

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #1,170 of 2,466

Thanks

The HiBy R6 uses a 2.5mm balanced output, just like A&K, Onkyo, etc. You can order any of their cables with the 2.5mm plug, but the Ares II and the Eros II would definitely be the most affordable. I hesitate recommending the Ares II because the cable's inherent signature is a warm mid-bass and a lower-treble peak; both of which the FIBAE 2 already have. So, unless you want your IEM even more V-shaped, the Eros II would be my go-to. It has a transparent sound that doesn't really colour the IEM's signature in any significant way, but it does improve treble extension, which cleans up the stage and improves stability in imaging precision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back