CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #1,171 of 2,466
The HiBy R6 uses a 2.5mm balanced output, just like A&K, Onkyo, etc. You can order any of their cables with the 2.5mm plug, but the Ares II and the Eros II would definitely be the most affordable. I hesitate recommending the Ares II because the cable's inherent signature is a warm mid-bass and a lower-treble peak; both of which the FIBAE 2 already have. So, unless you want your IEM even more V-shaped, the Eros II would be my go-to. It has a transparent sound that doesn't really colour the IEM's signature in any significant way, but it does improve treble extension, which cleans up the stage and improves stability in imaging precision.

Damn you got to stop tempting me with your posts ! :D I'm curious to try the Eros II with my Fibae 2 hmm. Although I would like my sound to be more forward.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #1,172 of 2,466
Damn you got to stop tempting me with your posts ! :D I'm curious to try the Eros II with my Fibae 2 hmm. Although I would like my sound to be more forward.

If you want a cable with a more forward and energetic sound, I'd recommend the Han Sound Audio Aegis. It adds energy to the sub-bass and sparkle to the treble, but what it does uniquely IMO is also add a 2-3kHz bump in the upper-midrange. That way, you get more dynamism stemming from the extremes, but the midrange doesn't became recessed in the process. So, what's usually an inevitably-fatiguing, v-shaped response ends up becoming an engaging, musical, w-shape. Here's a link to the cable on Music Sanctuary's website: https://music-sanctuary.com/collect...oducts/han-sound-audio-aegis-occ-copper-cable

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #1,173 of 2,466
FIBAE 2 & 3 :beyersmile:

customart.jpeg

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #1,174 of 2,466
If you want a cable with a more forward and energetic sound, I'd recommend the Han Sound Audio Aegis. It adds energy to the sub-bass and sparkle to the treble, but what it does uniquely IMO is also add a 2-3kHz bump in the upper-midrange. That way, you get more dynamism stemming from the extremes, but the midrange doesn't became recessed in the process. So, what's usually an inevitably-fatiguing, v-shaped response ends up becoming an engaging, musical, w-shape. Here's a link to the cable on Music Sanctuary's website: https://music-sanctuary.com/collect...oducts/han-sound-audio-aegis-occ-copper-cable

Deezel177, any other cables/mods to help tackle fatiguing bump in lower high frequencies? This is the only thing preventing full and prolonged enjoyment of my Fibae 2. Tried using EQ in 3-8 k range, it helped a bit, but usually EQ lessens clarity and articulation (at least in my experience). I even thought to try a more drastic solution - stuffing some kind of absorption material to the high frequency canal, but these mods are ok for KZ earphones, nor for $$$ earphones :)

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,175 of 2,466
Deezel177, any other cables/mods to help tackle fatiguing bump in lower high frequencies? This is the only thing preventing full and prolonged enjoyment of my Fibae 2. Tried using EQ in 3-8 k range, it helped a bit, but usually EQ lessens clarity and articulation (at least in my experience). I even thought to try a more drastic solution - stuffing some kind of absorption material to the high frequency canal, but these mods are ok for KZ earphones, nor for $$$ earphones :)

Personally, my go-to cable for a lower-treble dip would be the Effect Audio Thor Silver II. It's a uniquely warmer-sounding silver cable that does the job in most IEMs I own. Alternatively, you can try the PWAudio Saladin. I don't have nearly as much experience with that cable, but it too has an analog-type tone that smoothens out the top-end of IEMs that I've tried it with.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #1,176 of 2,466
Personally, my go-to cable for a lower-treble dip would be the Effect Audio Thor Silver II. It's a uniquely warmer-sounding silver cable that does the job in most IEMs I own. Alternatively, you can try the Han Sound Audio Saladin. I don't have nearly as much experience with that cable, but it too has an analog-type tone that smoothens out the top-end of IEMs that I've tried it with.
Thanks, but I'm looking for a more budget-friendly solution :)

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,177 of 2,466
Thanks, but I'm looking for a more budget-friendly solution :)

Is it possible to narrow down the EQ? Try toning down either the 6kHz or 8kHz range. The reason why clarity and articulation is reduced is because this range specifically defines the sharpness of any given IEM. Would a lighter dip maybe help things?

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,178 of 2,466

Well, I thank you for all your on point recommendations, that looks like something for me ! But 320€ for a cable is almost the price of my DAP and I doubt it will make SUCH a huge difference. ~150-200€ TOPS would be "okay" haha.

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #1,180 of 2,466
My custom eartips arrived....thank you Piotr
I'm very curious about your experience with the custom eartips. Do you by a chance have some Noble Audio universal IEM? I have the Massdrop Noble X and the comfort is less then stellar so I'm contemplating getting these custom eartips (and Custom Art is the closest option). Thanks!

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #1,181 of 2,466
Jun 26, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,182 of 2,466
Jun 26, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #1,183 of 2,466
Well, I thank you for all your on point recommendations, that looks like something for me ! But 320€ for a cable is almost the price of my DAP and I doubt it will make SUCH a huge difference. ~150-200€ TOPS would be "okay" haha.

Would prefer that as well in all honesty.
My custom eartips arrived....thank you Piotr

How's the fit with the fibae's? I know you had issues with the EE's which didn't surprise me due to the smooth nozzle but you should be good to go with both CA's!

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,184 of 2,466
I'm buying a pair of fibae 2's, there seems to be a lot of options involved. What do you think are the best options, such as silicon vs acrylic , etc?

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #1,185 of 2,466
I'm very curious about your experience with the custom eartips. Do you by a chance have some Noble Audio universal IEM? I have the Massdrop Noble X and the comfort is less then stellar so I'm contemplating getting these custom eartips (and Custom Art is the closest option). Thanks!

Piotr mentioned to me that they don't do custom tips for iems with a smooth nozzle. So no to basically Westone, 64 Audio and Noble. There's no protrusion ala shure and the like for the tips to grip to stay on to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back