CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,216 of 2,466
I had the pleasure to meet @piotrus-g yesterday and have a quick chat on the current lineup and future plans.
Had a great time talking with him and going around POTAFES!
Thanks for your time Piotr!

What makes yesterday even more awesome is that I received a Fedex notification that my ME's have shipped, should be receiving them this Tuesday!
Super excited since this is much earlier than I expected!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #1,218 of 2,466
I received my MEs yesterday and so far, I am definitely impressed with the warm, luscious sound that they produce!
They are noticeably warmer than the F2 as well as any universal versions of CIEMs I've tested, including some of the dynamic + BA hybrids.

Fit seems to be fine, not too tight nor loose. I have yet to test them in a noisy environment, will probably use them for commuting the next week or so.
I do have trouble getting them out a bit since there's no protrusion to grab (compared to my Etys with custom tips), but I assume I will get used to it.

Design wise, I requested time machine with either a blue or red based theme and left the rest up to CA team since I like surprises :wink:
Definitely pleased with the outcome, my phone camera doesn't do them justice!
Really like the hint of red they included in the face-plate, adds a nice touch!
vobuy8.jpg
So far, I am a happy head-fier looking forward to further exploring the sound the MEs have to offer.
Will give input if I find anything new and exciting down the road!:beyersmile:

Next up, I would like to see my options on re-cabling.
Still undecided on whether to go balanced or not (pulled the trigger on DX150), but does anyone have recommendations on cables for the ME?
Currently a bit interested in Effect Audio Ares II, as I have read reviews that it compliments warm IEMs nicely, including the Ei.3, which I felt was somewhat similar to the ME.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #1,219 of 2,466
Next up, I would like to see my options on re-cabling.
Still undecided on whether to go balanced or not (pulled the trigger on DX150), but does anyone have recommendations on cables for the ME?
Currently a bit interested in Effect Audio Ares II, as I have read reviews that it compliments warm IEMs nicely, including the Ei.3, which I felt was somewhat similar to the ME.

I think FIBAE ME works well with Han Sound Audio Zen. That's what Piotr paired the ME with at CanJam SG, and that's what the ME is paired with in Music Sanctuary. I think the Zen and the Ares II are solid picks and you can't go wrong with either.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,220 of 2,466
I'm really enjoying the Han Sound Agni silver for my ME.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,221 of 2,466
@MXRaia and @PinkyPowers

Thanks for the suggestions.
I don't think I will be able to test out any Han Sound cables at e-earphone, but will see if I can head over this weekend to try out the Effect Audio copper and silver cables.

Any suggestions on balanced vs unbalanced for the ME?
I've never went balanced on any of my IEMs so far, mainly because I used my headphones more often and couldn't justify the cost of upgrading (?) my low~mid tier IEMs.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #1,222 of 2,466
@MXRaia and @PinkyPowers

Thanks for the suggestions.
I don't think I will be able to test out any Han Sound cables at e-earphone, but will see if I can head over this weekend to try out the Effect Audio copper and silver cables.

Any suggestions on balanced vs unbalanced for the ME?
I've never went balanced on any of my IEMs so far, mainly because I used my headphones more often and couldn't justify the cost of upgrading (?) my low~mid tier IEMs.

How good balanced audio is has less to do with the IEM/Headphone, and more to do with the integration within the amp. Not all devices sound better in their balanced output. While others get it very, very right.

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #1,223 of 2,466
How good balanced audio is has less to do with the IEM/Headphone, and more to do with the integration within the amp. Not all devices sound better in their balanced output. While others get it very, very right.

Oh, in that case, do you feel that the DX150 (AMP 6) is one that gets balanced very, very right?
I might also use my MEs with my phone if I don't have my player with me, so I was thinking of going with 3.5mm, but if the difference is noticeable, I wouldn't mind going with 2.5mm.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #1,224 of 2,466
Oh, in that case, do you feel that the DX150 (AMP 6) is one that gets balanced very, very right?
I might also use my MEs with my phone if I don't have my player with me, so I was thinking of going with 3.5mm, but if the difference is noticeable, I wouldn't mind going with 2.5mm.

Yes. iBasso is killing it with their balanced amps. Even the stock AMP6 is excellent in balanced.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #1,225 of 2,466
Yes. iBasso is killing it with their balanced amps. Even the stock AMP6 is excellent in balanced.

Thanks for your input.
So far, I've found all of your reviews on TheHeadphoneList accurate and informative, so I will likely go with a balanced new cable for my DX150 and use the stock cable when I want to use my phone!

FYI I've added a photo of my ME's to my post above.
Only have my phone camera so the pic is not nearly as on par as everyone else's, but they do look as good as they sound!
Will probably take another pic once my DX150 and cable-of-choice are in my hands.

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #1,226 of 2,466
QP2R totally got it right in the balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back