CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
May 14, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,021 of 2,466
Lucky you. :wink:
Fedex, as usual, didn't deliver mine on schedule...
I'll have to pick them up at their premises, since they can't seem to be able to leave a package at my company address, that they visit everyday for pick-up and delivery and is about 2km away from them.

May 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,022 of 2,466
Celebrating the 6th anniversary in style!!

F3.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,024 of 2,466
Congratulations @piotrus-g

In my vacation I did spend some quality time with the Ei.XX, man they are awesome.
Saving up for the new Fibae ME :ksc75smile:

May 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,026 of 2,466
Fibae Mass drop? Be nice to see some more impressions come in. Hoping for a positive result from my new audiologist impressions this time round (god knows what's going if it's not the impressions in all honesty). IF (when!) they fit the FMD could well be my next ciem.

Enjoy.

May 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #1,027 of 2,466
Fibae Mass drop? Be nice to see some more impressions come in. Hoping for a positive result from my new audiologist impressions this time round (god knows what's going if it's not the impressions in all honesty). IF (when!) they fit the FMD could well be my next ciem.

Enjoy.
Yes, Fibae ME, but in universal fit, since I demo-ed H8.2 previously and knew that CustomArt universal shells would perfectly fit my ears with large Spiral dot tips. :wink:

May 16, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #1,029 of 2,466
Its been 8 weeks for my fibae 3 and still 0 updates from the local re-seller. Beginning to feel a little worried about my purchase.
I'm into my 8th week and it's going to ship end of the month to beginning of next. I already forgot about it since its been end of last quarter...

May 16, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #1,030 of 2,466
The divine child has landed.
Pictures and impressions tomorrow, but in 2 words: bass & fun !!!

Accurate description. This purchase is my reentry into into the iem world. Short story - I am blown away: these little handcrafted pieces of art have far exceeded my expectations.

Had some mid level sures 8-10 years ago or so for prior reference purposes. Currently listening out of two systems: Pc-->usb gen 5 or UPnP-->Hifiberry Digi+ coax-->Gumby-->lyr 3--> CA FIBAE ME & Macbook pro --> Grace m9xx -->CA FIBAE ME. I also have a gen 1 Cavalli LC for which I am waiting on some custom cables to come in to utilize the RSA/ALO output as the single ended output is a little noisy. I also have a Hiby r6 and r3 on order, so looking to get some impressions on those parings utilizing the 2.5mm trrs outs.

As others have mentioned, bass is king. Not the tyrannical, be all-do all, overwhelming king, but rather a diplomatic king whose presence is apparent and welcomed. I had never thought a CIEM could produce the bass quality and lushness these present. I was honestly taken back by the amount canal rumble these produce. I have never experienced anything like it.

Imaging is fantastic, yea vocals might be a little recessed when it comes to some tracks, but they are so warm, versatile and lush! Everything I throw at them, Stones to Jadu Heart, Beatles to deadmau5, M83 to Jeff Buckley, they are all enjoyable.

Chapeau Piotr @piotrus-g, you have hit the nail on the head with these.

Will update with some pictures of my set when i get the chance.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,031 of 2,466
Its been 8 weeks for my fibae 3 and still 0 updates from the local re-seller. Beginning to feel a little worried about my purchase.

I'm into my 8th week and it's going to ship end of the month to beginning of next. I already forgot about it since its been end of last quarter...
Hi, sorry for the long turnaround, please know that your orders aren't lost or forgotten. If you are keeping up with this thread you might have noticed we are fighting huge backlog pretty much since beginning of this year. We kind of underestimated the demand and possible success of the FIBAE line up. We are trying our best, we hired yet another person to bring a set of helping hands (we hired 3 people in the last 6 months! and it's still not enough!), we are investing in extra equipment too, to make sure we will be able unclog the backlog soon. I highly appreciate your patience!

Accurate description. This purchase is my reentry into into the iem world. Short story - I am blown away: these little handcrafted pieces of art have far exceeded my expectations.

Had some mid level sures 8-10 years ago or so for prior reference purposes. Currently listening out of two systems: Pc-->usb gen 5 or UPnP-->Hifiberry Digi+ coax-->Gumby-->lyr 3--> CA FIBAE ME & Macbook pro --> Grace m9xx -->CA FIBAE ME. I also have a gen 1 Cavalli LC for which I am waiting on some custom cables to come in to utilize the RSA/ALO output as the single ended output is a little noisy. I also have a Hiby r6 and r3 on order, so looking to get some impressions on those parings utilizing the 2.5mm trrs outs.

As others have mentioned, bass is king. Not the tyrannical, be all-do all, overwhelming king, but rather a diplomatic king whose presence is apparent and welcomed. I had never thought a CIEM could produce the bass quality and lushness these present. I was honestly taken back by the amount canal rumble these produce. I have never experienced anything like it.

Imaging is fantastic, yea vocals might be a little recessed when it comes to some tracks, but they are so warm, versatile and lush! Everything I throw at them, Stones to Jadu Heart, Beatles to deadmau5, M83 to Jeff Buckley, they are all enjoyable.

Chapeau Piotr @piotrus-g, you have hit the nail on the head with these.

Will update with some pictures of my set when i get the chance.
Thank you kindly for your feedback. I'm really happy you like them! The bass is indeed the icing on the cake with FIBAE ME.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #1,032 of 2,466
All these new pics and reviews are making me want the Fibae ME even more!
Looking forward for that next drop, seems like it is well worth the wait.

May 16, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #1,033 of 2,466
Here we go, black smoke shells with black icewood faceplates in universal fit (yes, I have discrete taste):
view1.jpg view2.jpg

Built quality is very nice with one tiny flaw: the 2-pin connector on the right piece is AWFULLY tight, I had to be extremely forceful AND careful when removing the stock cable and plugging my 4.4mm terminated cable and it doesn't insert fully.
Otherwise, excellent ergonomics that will fit most ears.

Back to the sound, first impressions:

- overall smooth sound with no large spike in mids/treble, just a tiny one pushing vocals forward
- shape is very much L, with a significant bass boost all the way down starting from mid-bass. Which means that mids and treble are neither forward or backwards
- soundstage is relatively intimate, but could vary from person to person since these are essentially customs so the canal length can vary
- separation is very good despite the relaxed sound
- no harshness in treble, cymbals sound just right, although H8.2 is a tad better in this area in my opinion (but less generous with bass which made me wait for the Fibae ME).

The closest IEM that comes to mind is probably A&K T8iE. Not exactly easy to compare since I've just sold them, but they compare nicely for bass kick, with mids being a bit more recessed on the A&K, and treble a bit more recessed on the Fibae. Subtle difference.

I'll give it more time to do side-to-side comparisons with Fidue Sirius and Magaosi K5 Pro. :wink:

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #1,035 of 2,466
Celebrating the 6th anniversary in style!!

Is this a dark transparent red shell with transparent red tips, or black shell with transparent red tips?
I like the white face plate and art too, looks nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back