Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Mar 26, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #14,491 of 14,501
What you need to acquire is a Kenwood KD-500 turntable and for a tone arm, you need the best one EVER made; the Infinity "Black Widow " carbon fiber. Run this with the "needle ",lol, of your choice and I guarantee that you will hear a huge difference in your experience! Digital music SUCKS for any situamacation concerning quality audio. It's a waste of time and money! I think you should find yourself an old copy of Pink Floyd 's Wish You Were Here in album form. I had a pressing that Mobile Fidelity put out and imo; there is no equal. Oh, and then waste your money on a CD version. You do this and you will swear that you just died and went to Heaven. Sorry for the length. lol

Dude, are you selling yours? LOL. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650071735-kenwood-kd-500infinity-black-widow-turntable/

I was just perusing the turntable ads this morning and saw this right before reading your post.

Man, y'all are high rollers - serious TT peeps!

I know this is unrelated to DV but since the convo took us here - my latest trying to fix up project, an old Dual 1264 TT.

Whopping price of 50 bucks. Was just nostalgic, my father had a similar looking TT he owned when I was growing up and this one called to me.

Happy listening everyone!

IMG_1440.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #14,492 of 14,501
Seems like your just having buyers remorse... that's a steep price tag for a turntable.
What!!! Anybody that is willing to spend the $$ that they're selling that for, IMO, either has WAY too much money or they are extremely stupid! Also, the only thing that all those extra, unneeded, "gadgets", do is add noise and hiss! You are much better off spending more money on a quality device, rather than having a bunch of bullcrap that you can show off to your friends! But.....that's just my opinion. :^)

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #14,493 of 14,501
Dude, are you selling yours? LOL. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650071735-kenwood-kd-500infinity-black-widow-turntable/

I was just perusing the turntable ads this morning and saw this right before reading your post.

I know this is unrelated to DV but since the convo took us here - my latest trying to fix up project, an old Dual 1264 TT.

Whopping price of 50 bucks. Was just nostalgic, my father had a similar looking TT he owned when I was growing up and this one called to me.

IMG_1440.jpg
I can't believe you found this. That is a steal for the money. I would buy it NOW, if not sooner, if the seller would ship to me. Damn it. I have no luck. I owned the exact same one back in the late '70's. The turntable did not come with a tone arm. The Black Widow was the "suggested " arm to use per Kenwood. Best setup EVER.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #14,495 of 14,501

IMG_1440.jpg
Sweet! That brings back fond memories of the first piece of audio equipment I ever bought -- a Dual 1218 turntable when I was 15. IIRC, it was just under $200 including an inexpensive but decent Shure cartridge. $200 was a huuuuge amount of money on a lawnmowing kid's salary of $3 per lawn back then, but it was worth every ounce of sweat I paid for it. 🤣

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #14,496 of 14,501
What you need to acquire is a Kenwood KD-500 turntable and for a tone arm, you need the best one EVER made; the Infinity "Black Widow " carbon fiber. Run this with the "needle ",lol, of your choice and I guarantee that you will hear a huge difference in your experience! Digital music SUCKS for any situamacation concerning quality audio. It's a waste of time and money! I think you should find yourself an old copy of Pink Floyd 's Wish You Were Here in album form. I had a pressing that Mobile Fidelity put out and imo; there is no equal. Oh, and then waste your money on a CD version. You do this and you will swear that you just died and went to Heaven. Sorry for the length. lol
Well in fact I was so lucky to find a nice budget friendly list of cartridges to chose from, am sure most of the readers will jump on them right away. As for me I learned my lesson :sob: :sob:
https://forum.psaudio.com/t/the-top-20-most-expensive-phono-cartridges-ever-made/15837

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #14,497 of 14,501
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #14,498 of 14,501
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #14,499 of 14,501
The Clearaudio Goldfinger looks the most appropriate and striking. I can see 007's Goldfinger having this on his TT.
LOL! And I bet that Zyx has a pretty ballsy sound. 🤣

If I had the bucks, I'd be sporting that Koetsu right now. There's something about the Koetsus (any of them, really) that score a direct hit with my personal preferences, and more than any other cartridge I've tried.

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #14,500 of 14,501
LOL! And I bet that Zyx has a pretty ballsy sound. 🤣

If I had the bucks, I'd be sporting that Koetsu right now. There's something about the Koetsus (any of them, really) that score a direct hit with my personal preferences, and more than any other cartridge I've tried.

I was just thinking the same thing. The Koetsus have such an incredible design aesthetic, it's a work of art to me. I absolutely love their look.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #14,501 of 14,501
Totally agree, Koetsu are sexy by design 😍😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back