Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #331 of 1,238
OK...I am in. CSP2+ on order. Current quoted delivery time 12-14 weeks. Let the hourglass be turned over and let's count the sand!  
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #332 of 1,238
 It does everything shocklingly well as far as I can tell.

Wait until you have 200ish hours on it, you ain't heard nuthin' yet.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #333 of 1,238
Quote:
Trust me. The bass will drop and the brightness will lose its edge and its clarity will become more focused.
I love my Zu Omens! And Decware, too.

And with two beautiful 596 rectifier tubes (United Electronics Co. (1957)).

I love the collection ClaytonSF, how are they connected? Is that a Torii, 2 Taboo's and a CSP2+?

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #334 of 1,238
Quote:
I love the collection ClaytonSF, how are they connected? Is that a Torii, 2 Taboo's and a CSP2+?

Thanks.

From the left they are:

1. Zen Phono Preamp, ZP3
2. Zen Triode OTL Preamp, CSP2+
3. Zen Taboo
4. Mini Torii
5. 47 Labs CD Transport

Source is 47 Labs Shigaraki Series CD Transport Model 4716.
The DAC is a MHDT Lab -- Havana.

I do switch speakers between the Taboo and the Mini Torii. Love them both. I want to eventually get the HE-500 to use with the Mini Torii.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #335 of 1,238
Quote:
Thanks.

From the left they are:

1. Zen Phono Preamp, ZP3
3. Zen Taboo
4. Mini Torii
5. 47 Labs CD Transport

I do switch speakers between the Taboo and the Mini Torii. Love them both. I want to eventually get the HE-500 to use with the Mini Torii.

Sweet. That is a great family photo! Do you use the CSP2+ as the primary plug in for your headphones? Do you have a headphone jack on either the Taboo of the MT?

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #336 of 1,238
Quote:
Sweet. That is a great family photo! Do you use the CSP2+ as the primary plug in for your headphones? Do you have a headphone jack on either the Taboo of the MT?

The headphone jacks are only on the CSP2+ and the Mini Torii. I use the CSP2+ primarily as a preamp and a secondary setup for headphones; I love them with the DT990.

The Mini Torii is better suited for low-sensitivity headphones like the HE-500. My high-sensitivity headphones, like the Denon D7000, has a noticeable hum on the Mini Torii.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #337 of 1,238
Quote:

The headphone jacks are only on the CSP2+ and the Mini Torii. I use the CSP2+ primarily as a preamp and a secondary setup for headphones; I love them with the DT990.

The Mini Torii is better suited for low-sensitivity headphones like the HE-500. My high-sensitivity headphones, like the Denon D7000, has a noticeable hum on the Mini Torii.

Would you use the CSP2+ & Taboo with headphones or are you strictly using the CSP2+ as both Pre-Amp and Amp?

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #338 of 1,238
Quote:
Thanks.

From the left they are:

1. Zen Phono Preamp, ZP3
3. Zen Taboo
4. Mini Torii
5. 47 Labs CD Transport

I had the he-500 for a short period with my mini torii and felt it was a very nice pairing.  At the time I had the lcd-2 rev1 also, and the mini just did great with bothe headphones.

Have a good one bud

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #339 of 1,238
Anyone with a taboo want to inform me about the lucid mode switch with headphones?  Right now all it does is switch the left channel to mono in the off position(towards the center).  At least I'm assuming that's the off position.

I haven't connected speakers yet but I will probably tomorrow.  Lucid mode is supposed to be on all the time for headphones anyway right?

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #340 of 1,238

Indeed, same with mine. mini-Torii isn't for high sensitivity headphones, or high impedance. It's really not a headphone amp. But it works very well with many of the current planar headphones.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #341 of 1,238
Quote:
Indeed, same with mine. mini-Torii isn't for high sensitivity headphones, or high impedance. It's really not a headphone amp. But it works very well with many of the current planar headphones.

I am planning on using the CSP2+ with my HD650's. How would the Taboo add to this combo? Does it have a HP Jack as well? Would it be a duplication if I was not going to use speakers , just headphones?  If they added a jack to the Taboo, would you need the CSP2+?

I have spent a bunch of time on the Decware site, but these details are proving elusive from their write-ups.

Thanks for all of your insight! Looking like November before I can join the club due to delivery estimates from Decware.

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #342 of 1,238
CSP2 - 32-600 ohm
Taboo - 4-60 ohm

The mod to the taboo to add a headphone jack was done with LCD2s in mind I'm pretty sure, is is generally meant for "power hungry planars" or whatever it is they say

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #343 of 1,238
I have the CSP+ and Taboo combo.  I thought my WA6 did a good job with the LCD-2, but my jaw hit the floor using the Taboo.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting my ZP3 to join the family, three months so far today and always worth the wait!

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #344 of 1,238
I guess I am just curious if there is a benefit for Sennheisers to have both the CSP2+ and the Taboo, or if the CSP2+ is all that I would need (need...There is THAT word again!)

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #345 of 1,238
I guess I am just curious if there is a benefit for Sennheisers to have both the CSP2+ and the Taboo, or if the CSP2+ is all that I would need

It's a matter of taste...   Though has someone who has the CSP2+ & Taboo, and uses them with HD800's, I would say you need both and you want to get by with just the CSP2+.  Though if you never listened to the Senns through the Taboo pre-amped with the CSP2+ you'd never know what you were missing.  I'm not saying the CSP2+ alone is a slouch, with the HD800, it's great.  However, the combo is much better, in my opinion, at least with the HD800s.  Usual disclaimer:  I listen to mostly classical, I'm all over sound stage, air, imaging, instrument placement, dynamics, detail, you get the picture. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back