Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Sep 25, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #106 of 664
1Z dunu studio sa6.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #107 of 664
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #108 of 664

Your photography does show the inner detail. Though (in my humble opinion) this is a good shot? Above DUNU PR photography.

Hey guys, so our PR SA6 and @Redcarmoose's SA6 are actually two different colors. The one from our PR is orange with green, while @Redcarmoose is orange-red with purple. Due to the characteristics of the stabilized wood, there could be different colors with different combination. Meaning that the faceplates may come in colors different from the pictures. We had audiophile received his with all purples.

Great read, @Redcarmoose ! Just wanted to take the opportunity here to mention that there is more than one color pattern to the stabilized wood faceplates offered on the SA6.

While the promotional photos mostly showed a yellow/green stabilized wood pattern, we have many color patterns that we're using. Unfortunately, in order to streamline our production process, we're not currently offering to allow a specific choice of color. This is why we only state that the faceplates are made from stabilized wood, and do not specify any specific color to the faceplates. We understand that this may cause some confusion, as the units received by @davidmolliere and @Redcarmoose are different in color and pattern. As more people receive their Studio SA6s, it will become more apparent.

Below is just a sample of the array of colors that we're shipping with the Studio SA6.

Studio_SA6_Multiple_Colors_WechatIMG5815_Cropped_Compressed.jpg

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Sep 26, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #109 of 664
Hey guys, so our PR SA6 and @Redcarmoose's SA6 are actually two different colors. The one from our PR is orange with green, while @Redcarmoose is orange-red with purple. Due to the characteristics of the stabilized wood, there could be different colors with different combination. Meaning that the faceplates may come in colors different from the pictures. We had audiophile received his with all purples.

Great read, @Redcarmoose ! Just wanted to take the opportunity here to mention that there is more than one color pattern to the stabilized wood faceplates offered on the SA6.

While the promotional photos mostly showed a yellow/green stabilized wood pattern, we have many color patterns that we're using. Unfortunately, in order to streamline our production process, we're not currently offering to allow a specific choice of color. This is why we only state that the faceplates are made from stabilized wood, and do not specify any specific color to the faceplates. We understand that this may cause some confusion, as the units received by @davidmolliere and @Redcarmoose are different in color and pattern. As more people receive their Studio SA6s, it will become more apparent.

Below is just a sample of the array of colors that we're shipping with the Studio SA6.

They look great!

Sep 26, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #110 of 664

They’re all beautiful! I’d probably be willing to pay a little extra to be able to choose my preferred palette...although they’re all so beautiful I’d probably have a hard time choosing anyway.

Sep 26, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #112 of 664
They’re all beautiful! I’d probably be willing to pay a little extra to be able to choose my preferred palette...although they’re all so beautiful I’d probably have a hard time choosing anyway.

9BDD88E7-BBC2-4C1E-B18A-9709E6948F84.gif

Well, it would be fun to see what Lady Luck has planned!

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #113 of 664
Yeah, for their price, I probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I happened to get the lime green one for example.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #114 of 664
Yeah, for their price, I probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I happened to get the lime green one for example.

Sell it on the used market and try again if the color is really an issue. The thing is the faceplate is almost the size of a US dime coin in the top area. You can't really see the detail of the color too much in real life.
Edit:
Tomorrow I'll post a photo with a coin.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #115 of 664
Sell it on the used market and try again if the color is really an issue. The thing is the faceplate is almost the size of a US dime coin in the top area. You can't really see the detail of the color too much in real life.
Edit:
Tomorrow I'll post a photo with a coin, so folks will see the size. It's surprising.

This is the full-size coming out next month.
DSC04355.jpg
I'm joking
I'd probably wait until they allow you to select the color rather than buying it multiple times and selling at a loss if it doesn't work out...

Sep 26, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #116 of 664
I'd probably wait until they allow you to select the color rather than buying it multiple times and selling at a loss if it doesn't work out...

The only thing is when people start writing poems about how they sound, you’ll want a pair.

Just think positive and order. Before they arrived I was not sure I would like the color. But after seeing them, I love the color. It’s kind of hard to figure out from pictures as nothing like this has been on Head-Fi before.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #117 of 664
"6" on the shell could be made smaller in size. Too big a letter, as it looks now. SA6 is one of the best looking universals, otherwise and I do like the idea of multiple options that one can't pick from but can get lucky with. Wish more manufacturers offered such organically good looking ones, in general. Yep, lime green prospect can be scary. FiiO's next flagship, FH9, probably, suddenly is less interesting. SA6 sure looks like a good bet for those who can't afford Andromeda.

Circled are the ones I personally would've considered:
My Dunu SA6.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #119 of 664
"6" on the shell could be made smaller in size. Too big a letter, as it looks now. SA6 is one of the best looking universals, otherwise and I do like the idea of multiple options that one can't pick from but can get lucky with. Wish more manufacturers offered such organically good looking ones, in general. Yep, lime green prospect can be scary. FiiO's next flagship, FH9, probably, suddenly is less interesting. SA6 sure looks like a good bet for those who can't afford Andromeda.

Circled are the ones I personally would've considered:
My Dunu SA6.jpg
Those dark ones are cool.

Sep 26, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #120 of 664
Untouched Out-Of-Camera J-Peg, distance between 32cm and 34cm is 2cm. They are way smaller than you think. :wink:
DSC_0048.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back