Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #46,051 of 75,744
Maybe all good things require a bit of effort.
Out of context, yes generally all good things in life require a bit of effort. Anyone feels better after a day outside than on the couch.

Regarding earphones, yes there are some things out there that are worth experimenting with various tips or foams, and if it's not horrible in the first place, it's always worth spending more time with it, or maybe put it aside and come back to it later.

Our taste changes with time, brain burn-in is real, too, and we can come to love imperfections as well.

I really didn't like the TO200 at first, and it's now my workplace earbud, which says a lot as I spend 7 hours a day there. It's not perfect but it has *something* I love.

The shiro-yuki didn't impress me much at first either, but I found it quite impressive at super low volume today, the tonekings are the opposite and get better as the volume rises.

Give everything a chance, regardless of price imo.

Otoh I've been guilty to absolutely try to like and make crappy iems work because it was hard to admit I made a bad purchase, and it's a complete waste on time. Better just move on.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #46,052 of 75,744
Just found a deal on AliExpress for K's earphone little black bell. They'll be sold for $17.20 prior coupon. I think this is one of the better deals out there. Make sure to search for ' K's LBB ' instead of ' Ksearphone ', sold by EE Audio Store.

I've sort of stopped buying earbuds after shifted to Bluetooth sets, and these might be my sole purchase for the upcoming sale. Grab them if you're remotely interested. Happy sharing! :]

Screenshot_20191123-173233.png

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #46,054 of 75,744
Just found a deal on AliExpress for K's earphone little black bell. They'll be sold for $17.20 prior coupon. I think this is one of the better deals out there. Make sure to search for ' K's LBB ' instead of ' Ksearphone ', sold by EE Audio Store.

I've sort of stopped buying earbuds after shifted to Bluetooth sets, and these might be my sole purchase for the upcoming sale. Grab them if you're remotely interested. Happy sharing! :]

In my cart

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #46,055 of 75,744
Has anyone ordered the Smabat M1 Pro from Amazon? I ordered mine last Sunday, and they haven't even shipped yet. Doesn't seem right. It shows that if I order them today, they would be delivered this coming Tuesday. Seems strange. Never had shipping issues via Amazon.

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #46,056 of 75,744
In my cart

I had a glass of wine (dangerous). I like the form factor and the price ($23.73CAD on black friday). They are in my cart as well.

Time to do some searching to find out what the heck they sound like!

Edit: that "kbear" looks very nice as well. No more wine!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #46,057 of 75,744
Nov 24, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #46,058 of 75,744

They look really good for listing music in bed. How do they sound? Can't find reviews.

Nov 24, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #46,059 of 75,744
They look really good for listing music in bed. How do they sound? Can't find reviews.
search for K's LBB in this thread. I read a large portion of it because I'm also interested in it, especially because of the shell. My conclusion based on the posts is that it's a nice smooth and light sounding earbud. I think I would need more bass than it provides, so I'll order the Knight personally, looks like a safer bet for me. (For bed I use Qian39 and ordered Faaeal Z-sound, so the small shell for me is not a necessity at the moment)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #46,060 of 75,744
search for K's LBB in this thread. I read a large portion of it because I'm also interested in it, especially because of the shell. My conclusion based on the posts is that it's a nice smooth and light sounding earbud. I think I would need more bass than it provides, so I'll order the Knight personally, looks like a safer bet for me. (For bed I use Qian39 and ordered Faaeal Z-sound, so the small shell for me is not a necessity at the moment)

Thank you:) I think I will order the K's LBB and the Knight.

Also, anyone can recommend a good mmcx cable for the Willsound MkII?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #46,061 of 75,744

Are there any reviews for the Knight? I am quite interested in it and the BK2 for Black Friday sales.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #46,062 of 75,744
Are there any reviews for the Knight? I am quite interested in it and the BK2 for Black Friday sales.
ClieOS wrote brief impressions on the prototype, it was quoted a few posts above. If I remember correctly he said it has a balanced, warm, full sound - just what I'm looking for. Also a few members here ordered it on 11.11, so I hope some of them will review it in the next few days :)

edit:
If we get 2usd coupons again on aliexpress, the Knight will be only 10usd with free shipping - looks like the best deal of the year for me, if it's really that good.

I found the original post:
Another really good earbud for the price, fairly balanced tonally, if not a little on the warmish / fullish side. Yes, the housing is pretty much all metal and it is not one of those generic housing.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #46,065 of 75,744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back