Elekit 300B Amp kit
Dec 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #361 of 369
I run the HE1000se from the speaker taps using a custom cable - you’ll either want to do that or mod the headphone jack output resistors to give a lower output impedance.

The volume can be a little hot so you’ll likely want to attenuate that with a preamp, digital volume on a dac or just be real careful with the volume pot on the amp itself.

Dec 21, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #362 of 369
I run the HE1000se from the speaker taps using a custom cable - you’ll either want to do that or mod the headphone jack output resistors to give a lower output impedance.

The volume can be a little hot so you’ll likely want to attenuate that with a preamp, digital volume on a dac or just be real careful with the volume pot on the amp itself.

Thanks for your feedback is that with the 8600 or 8900?

Dec 21, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #363 of 369
Thanks for your feedback is that with the 8600 or 8900?
8600. Elrog 300B and telefuken signal tubes. Sounds like angels dancing in my ears.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #364 of 369
Anyone try the tu8900 with headphones ?

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #365 of 369
Anyone try the tu8900 with headphones ?

Yes I'm running the TU-8900 + Amorphous output transformers and have paired with Sen hd 800 and Hifiman he6 using a Chord Dave front end both are really superb out of the 8900 fwiw it's also one of the quietest amps I've owned tube or ss.

Had the Sen 800 paired up with a hot rodded Bottlehead Mainline the TU-8900 is a decent step up as it should be as it does costs significantly more.

After 19 years in the hobby I'm not looking anymore the TU-8900 flexibilities and sonic capabilities mean its end game enough for me and I've only been running mid tier tubes in it for the last two and a half years so still more to come when I make the move to the premium level tubes.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #368 of 369
TU8900, Lundal transformer, 2A3 or 300B, with Senn800S and Focal Clear using Audio GD dac, good performance. Almost as good as Sonic Frontiers Line 3 but since SFL3 is discontinued, I would say, this is really good, considering the entry point for the kit.
What do you like more about the sonic frontiers

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #369 of 369
What do you like more about the sonic frontiers

Not sure I can describe the difference sufficiently to do it justice, since I listen for the music and never try to distinguish between the sources. In my system, I can listen to the headphone from the preamp (SFL3) and get completely into the music much faster. I think the difference is taking the headphone music between the power amp stage at the 8900 vs the pre amp SFL3 stage. It is my belief that the signal is likely better at the pre amp stage than further down the chain for headphone. This maybe the major difference between the two sources for my headphones, since my headphones are not difficult to drive. On the other hand, if your headphone present a more challenging load, the result could be different. This is important since only the 8900 has the option to change the impendence settings for headphone. When I send the signal to my speaker setup, which uses both the amps, I am not able to find a better sound quality setup than using the 8900.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back