Elekit 300B Amp kit
Apr 14, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #346 of 369
Yep it was a worthwhile sidetrack paired with the Duelund silver foil bypass there really isn't much to grumble about and some of that unique flavour of the K75-10 does come though. What was quiet noticeable going from the V-Cap cutf to the PIO was that familiar ease of presentation the PIO have compared to modern MPK caps.

With the K75-10 mounted on top of the PCB
the capacitors sit a couple of mm to high for the metal top cover to fit as it should I could add a spacer on the fixing points or there looks to be room to mount them on the underside of the PCB.

They have had close to two hundred hours run time so should be well run.

Will switch back to the Cutf again at some point but am on no hurry at the mo.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #348 of 369
Continuing on with a Youtube series JamieMcC pointed out a while back... Looks like Jimmy has been making progress on his Ultimate no-cost limit TU-8900 build:

Part 4

Parts 1-2 are interesting as well. You can probably skip part 3 as it's just Jimmy grinding corrosion off reused resistors' legs.

His headphone resistor network setup is crazy! Also, a neat idea he had stacking the zfoil resistors and going back to back with the non-polar caps.
I'm still super eager to see how he fits all this in a case and uses the fancy power transformers. He's probably going to need to burn the thing in for 1000 hours when he's done.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #349 of 369
he told me back then he may have to use another case, the original cant fill those transformers. Now I dont an update if he is taking the original as a starting point and drilling or what. I do know he will also build a 8550 pre - but dont know when or to which level of spec

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #353 of 369
I have one of these units that's currently wired for 100v which I'd like to swap to 120v.

Does anyone have a very clear image of how the 120v power input board is wired?
I was thinking about just swapping the cables on the VH connector, anyone have a different suggestion?

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #355 of 369
Hello, I've never built DIY electronics builder but I'm quite manual and built several speaker kits so I think (and hope) I could try my luck on the TU-8900!

I'd like to know if any of you have added a remote to the volume control and if so how difficult is it to do?

Many thanks.

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #357 of 369
Hello, I've never built DIY electronics builder but I'm quite manual and built several speaker kits so I think (and hope) I could try my luck on the TU-8900!

I'd like to know if any of you have added a remote to the volume control and if so how difficult is it to do?

Many thanks.
I would think a remote is doable, if there is room. I don't own the kit but it really seems it would be conditioned upon whether there is room.

Nov 25, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #359 of 369
If you do an extension cables, and modified the chassis, otherwise, there won’t be any room for remote motorized attenuator
Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back