Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #677 of 780
Thank you guys- you've been really helpful in guiding my purchase decision. There are very few reasons NOT to buy this unit. I'll download the user manual and see if I can research my other questions.

While I enjoy having my laptop as the central brains of my music, I know it's not optimal because of reasons already discussed (memory, processing, possible jitter, etc.). I believe that with the A6/A8 (whatever I decide), I can listen to my files via SSD and stream. I'm concluding it will stream Spotify until I choose between other streaming options?

I suppose that when I'm browsing for music on-line with BandCamp, YouTube, etc, I could also have my laptop hooked up via USB and listen to those sites. The rest can reside right in the A6.

The A6 seems to be a bit lower in price these days, since the launch of the A6 Master and A8. Decisions!

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #685 of 780
Guys- If I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio only, not movies), will the A6 show me a listing of tracks on the screen? I'd like to not require a tv/monitor, if possible, for blu-ray audio.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #686 of 780
Guys- If I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio only, not movies), will the A6 show me a listing of tracks on the screen? I'd like to not require a tv/monitor, if possible, for blu-ray audio.

i don't think so -- how would it be able to recognize the track?

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #687 of 780
i don't think so -- how would it be able to recognize the track?
No idea. The same it would recognize a CD track when you go to rip/download a CD? Just curious about how to listen to Blu-ray audio, if it's even possible.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #688 of 780
No idea. The same it would recognize a CD track when you go to rip/download a CD? Just curious about how to listen to Blu-ray audio, if it's even possible.
When you're using a digital input you're making the dmp-a6 into a dac. Dacs don't look up meta data. CD rippers have built in functionality to retrieve meta data.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #689 of 780
Some Blu-ray players have 2 HDMI outputs. One to send the Audio/Video signal (perhaps ARC or eARC) and one to send an Audio only signal. I believe the DMP-A6 is intended to receive the Audio only output of a Blu-ray player. It would work just like a coaxial or optical digital out (no Metadata) BUT would be able to pass DSD (due to encryption rules for SACD). There is no optical drive and/or file reader to read the disc and/or file Metadata and send it to a screen in this instance.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #690 of 780

Since it supports an external USB optical drive for CD disc playback and CD ripping (according to the website) - it may also support an external USB connected Blu-ray player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back