FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Dec 28, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #5,131 of 5,204
Finally I received my S8F. They have replace them and sent me a new sealed set! Wow.
Unfortunately they hurt too much my ears. I tried to use them a couple of hours and my ears were bleeding.
They are too bright for my taste and bass aren't punchy enough.
I bought them for prog metal, djent, metalcore and those very busy tracks and I can't listen to those subgenres. Maybe they are good with electronic?
I'm very sad right now because I was very excited about these IEMs. I sell them and looking for something else.
Its the same with s8pro, the spike around the 4kHz is fatiguing and the s8F is more energetic than the s8p if I remembered correctly (I prefre the s8F tho). I also recommend that you should also avoid the s8z judging from your taste. I think you have sensitive hearing, the Moondrop Blessing 2 might be a good pair for you.

Dec 28, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #5,133 of 5,204
Source mis match perhaps? Tried it on another dap/phone whatever? Maybe you just don't like them.

My sources are:
- Lotoo Paw S1
- Sony NW-A105
- LG G8S

I tried them just a couple of hours and put them back into the box... I also purchased the $130 4.4mm upgrade cable....

Dec 28, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #5,134 of 5,204
Finally I received my S8F. They have replace them and sent me a new sealed set! Wow.
Unfortunately they hurt too much my ears. I tried to use them a couple of hours and my ears were bleeding.
They are too bright for my taste and bass aren't punchy enough.
I bought them for prog metal, djent, metalcore and those very busy tracks and I can't listen to those subgenres. Maybe they are good with electronic?
I'm very sad right now because I was very excited about these IEMs. I sell them and looking for something else.
Man I'm bummed to hear that, esp with all the issues you've had. I hope I don't feel same with my S8Z that are still in China.

Are you looking at other options to replace them?

Dec 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #5,135 of 5,204
Man I'm bummed to hear that, esp with all the issues you've had. I hope I don't feel same with my S8Z that are still in China.

Are you looking at other options to replace them?

Thank you mate for your interest. Now I'm selling them on the forum and I think I will try Shuoer EJ07. Other suggestions I received are Dunu SA6, Tanchjim Oxygen and LZ A7.

Dec 28, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #5,136 of 5,204
Thank you mate for your interest. Now I'm selling them on the forum and I think I will try Shuoer EJ07. Other suggestions I received are Dunu SA6, Tanchjim Oxygen and LZ A7.
Good choices. I have the A7 (listening to them now as a matter of fact) and I have enjoyed them. The only higher priced IEMs I've been able to compare them too was the FH7 (which I liked a lot too) but I didn't like them $100 more. I have heard great things about the other IEMs you've listed. Are you considering any higher priced ones?

Dec 28, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #5,137 of 5,204
Good choices. I have the A7 (listening to them now as a matter of fact) and I have enjoyed them. The only higher priced IEMs I've been able to compare them too was the FH7 (which I liked a lot too) but I didn't like them $100 more. I have heard great things about the other IEMs you've listed. Are you considering any higher priced ones?

I don't have ideas about IEMs at the same price range of the EJ07 that are beasts for metal...

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #5,138 of 5,204
My new Fearless S8F are still on sale on the froum's market with their 4.4mm upgrade cable, but no one contacted me. I will try to sell them without that expensive cable.
In case I fail to sell them, would someone be able to tell me which musical genre they shine with?

Thanks

20201127_155546_HDR.jpg20201127_155601.jpg20201127_155645.jpg20201228_170845.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #5,140 of 5,204
Feb 6, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #5,141 of 5,204
Its the same with s8pro, the spike around the 4kHz is fatiguing and the s8F is more energetic than the s8p if I remembered correctly (I prefre the s8F tho). I also recommend that you should also avoid the s8z judging from your taste. I think you have sensitive hearing, the Moondrop Blessing 2 might be a good pair for you.

@grooveriders did you compare S8P with S8Z?
I’m listening S8p and I had many cable rolling before find a good match with cheap Ikko CTU-01.
I still prefer S8p to BGVP DM8

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #5,142 of 5,204
@grooveriders did you compare S8P with S8Z?
I’m listening S8p and I had many cable rolling before find a good match with cheap Ikko CTU-01.
I still prefer S8p to BGVP DM8
Yes I did an A/B testing of the two, for my taste I prefer the s8p. Try matching the s8p with the 8-core “graphite” cable, really mellows out the hars-ness and making the tone more “full body”.
For DM8, I have not tried it yet but from reviews and from recommendation, it is too bland for my taste. Blander than Moondrop Blessing 2 I supposed.

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #5,143 of 5,204
The S8P‘s upper mids are just too intense for me, unless I just happen to be really wanting that much detail and clarity. I couldn’t find a way to get filters to work over the 3 bore nozzle, so I just put a piece of micropore tape over the entire nozzle, then using a sewing needle, carefully poked a small hole in all three bores, then used the back of the needle to open up the bass bore fully. It now sounds much better for me, without so much edginess, yet not veiled, and the bass isn’t bloated.

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #5,144 of 5,204
Yes I did an A/B testing of the two, for my taste I prefer the s8p. Try matching the s8p with the 8-core “graphite” cable, really mellows out the hars-ness and making the tone more “full body”.
For DM8, I have not tried it yet but from reviews and from recommendation, it is too bland for my taste. Blander than Moondrop Blessing 2 I supposed.
I found a good match with SPC ikko, S8P doesn’t sound harsh with it and I like it.
What did you prefer more on P over Z?
Yes DM8 is quite bland and, not live/reactive as S8p, DM8 is also harder to drive.

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #5,145 of 5,204
The S8P‘s upper mids are just too intense for me, unless I just happen to be really wanting that much detail and clarity. I couldn’t find a way to get filters to work over the 3 bore nozzle, so I just put a piece of micropore tape over the entire nozzle, then using a sewing needle, carefully poked a small hole in all three bores, then used the back of the needle to open up the bass bore fully. It now sounds much better for me, without so much edginess, yet not veiled, and the bass isn’t bloated.

IT07 is quite similar to S8p but isn’t harsh at all, iBasso has better control, clarity and precision.
In my collection I chose it when i want transparency and a lot of details, Volt when I need a fuller mids and lusher presentation and Opus Mia when I need to shack my brain with a good bass.
PB2 hasn’t enough hours (almost 140h) and is still growing but I bet with a right filters/cable tuning it will compete with my favorite 3.
Anyway S8p is a very good iem and also Reecho Insects Awaken with volt cable but has different tuning, a bit more fuller and never peaky on mids/highs.
My2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back