FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 17, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #5,161 of 5,204
Does Lancelot lack highs?

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #5,162 of 5,204
It is more interesting than Rowland and better than la Hire because of 6BA and has Spark similar design (7BA+4EST)
Could you please compare Lancelot with Volt?

Does Lancelot lack highs?

This is just a very rough comparison. The Lancelot doesn’t lack treble at all IMO. It has good treble sparkle, and clear extension to 10KHz, but it doesn’t have really extended sounding upper treble air. Treble detail is excellent, and more than enough, but not the absolute best. I’m convinced that the Lancelot uses a lot, if not all Sonion BAs. The midrange is very smooth and musical sounding, and is really similar to the Volt in that regard. Vocals sound amazing on both of them! There is a more upper midrange in the Lancelot than the Volt, but it’s not at all shouty. Midrange detail is perhaps a hair more on the Lancelot. There is quite a bit more treble quantity in the Lancelot as well, but I think the Volt is slightly more extended in treble, though at a low level. The bass quantity seems slightly more on the Lancelot, and it is fast bass, with sharp transient response, but the sub bass rumble is definitely more on the Volt, with more natural decay, though at the cost of some speed. The bass extension is about equal. The Lancelot probably has the best BA bass that I’ve heard thus far, though not as much decay as the se846. The Volt sounds slightly warmer and darker to me overall, but is slightly smoother as well. I like them both a lot!

For my tastes, I think the Lancelot would be worth its MSRP if it were made by a really well established company like Vision Ears (I know it’s just the brand name, but I hope you know what I mean). Basically, the sound quality is ultimately worth the price IMO, but for what the Lancelot is as a whole, I think it should be priced the same as the Volt.

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #5,163 of 5,204
That is a shame, because those drivers are capable of having more extended treble, even if at a lower level. I imagine it can be good for listening when you’re tired though. I know I’m a lot more sensitive to bright sounds when I’m tired.
That's actually a really good point. Some people are surrounded by alot of noise; either in their work environment or during the day at home with young children or pets, in the case of stay at home parents. In these types of scenarios, an iem that sounds more laid back and not overly bright, might be just the ticket. I've read many threads where people have talked about comfort levels with iems; some folks even rate how good an iem is, based on how comfortable they are to fall asleep with. I think it's true, that if you are looking for a darker, less fatiguing sound; an iem like the Lancelot fits the bill.

May 18, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #5,164 of 5,204
Wow, what happened to Fearless? Are they merely a 2 hit wonder? Just the S6 and S8, then call it a day? They come out with a hybrid, the Tequila, and tune it very “uniquely”, such that it’s an extremely niche product. Now what?

Meanwhile, Tansio Mirai seems to be running away with their extensive lineup.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #5,165 of 5,204
Wow, what happened to Fearless? Are they merely a 2 hit wonder? Just the S6 and S8, then call it a day? They come out with a hybrid, the Tequila, and tune it very “uniquely”, such that it’s an extremely niche product. Now what?

Is hard to compete when you have thieaudio coming out with iems with the same driver configuration for almost half the price. I think the fearless crinnacle dawn might be a good iem, but not worth$1.4k . I would grab one if it's $900 or something.

May 18, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #5,167 of 5,204
I don't think the fearless tequila hit it off ! Might be a experiment by fearless. One thing for sure fearless quality is solid for a chi fi.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #5,168 of 5,204
I don't think the fearless tequila hit it off ! Might be a experiment by fearless. One thing for sure fearless quality is solid for a chi fi.
They have a great QC reputation. That’s one reason why I want them to be successful, but they come out with a lot of products with very odd tunings, that tend to be very polarizing, or just not liked. They also are notably more expensive than other Chi-Fi. The Dawn never took off b/c of its price. It should be less than $1K in the current market. I really do like the Lancelot, but it is also way overpriced currently.

May 18, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #5,169 of 5,204
They have a great QC reputation. That’s one reason why I want them to be successful, but they come out with a lot of products with very odd tunings, that tend to be very polarizing, or just not liked. They also are notably more expensive than other Chi-Fi. The Dawn never took off b/c of its price. It should be less than $1K in the current market. I really do like the Lancelot, but it is also way overpriced currently.
I think a great way forward for Fearless might be the TSMC foundry approach. They’ve got outstanding shells and QC, but maybe they don’t have the time to experiment with new drivers and configurations and play with tunings.

May 18, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #5,170 of 5,204
They have a great QC reputation. That’s one reason why I want them to be successful, but they come out with a lot of products with very odd tunings, that tend to be very polarizing, or just not liked. They also are notably more expensive than other Chi-Fi. The Dawn never took off b/c of its price. It should be less than $1K in the current market. I really do like the Lancelot, but it is also way overpriced currently

And meanwhile Dunu and Moondrop have been on fire lately with excellent earphones at several different price points.

May 18, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #5,171 of 5,204
And meanwhile Dunu and Moondrop have been on fire lately with excellent earphones at several different price points.
Hey, DUNU is a well-brand. I personally think dunu is in another league of these other brands.

May 19, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #5,172 of 5,204

That's true. From a consumer perspective it's looking like Fearless is getting a bit long in the tooth compared to other brands.

May 19, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #5,173 of 5,204
Is hard to compete when you have thieaudio coming out with iems with the same driver configuration for almost half the price. I think the fearless crinnacle dawn might be a good iem, but not worth$1.4k . I would grab one if it's $900 or something.
Yes, I also agree. Thieaudio has been coming up with some interesting iems lately, that cost several hundreds less than comparable Fearless offerings.

May 20, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #5,174 of 5,204
Anybody interested in a pair of fearless s8z's with accessories minus foam eartips? Just don't use em enough.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #5,175 of 5,204
Fearless are getting back in the game with a bunch of affordable hybrids. They look... interesting - Shangri-la especially, could be a detail freak.
Fearless Audio new hybrids.png

FEARLESS-SHANGRILA-BLACK-4_600x.jpg

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS​

Sensitivity
112dB (@1kHz)
Impedance
22Ω (@1kHz)
Frequency response range
15Hz-20000Hz
Passive noise reduction
26dB
Drives