Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Oct 1, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 13,846
  Time machine??? 
biggrin.gif

Post a pic of your RCAs JV.

Transported in time and space to the moment and the room where the music was made!​
 ​

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #21 of 13,846
Hi All,

Had a nervous moment when I saw that the thread was locked. Phew!

Now I know that I can still communicate and learn from all the kind, helpful and wonderful people on this thread. 

I have a pair of Sylvania/Arcturus 6N7G tubes coming as well as the adapters, and also a pair of re-labeled 6AS7GA tubes with copper rods. Possibly they are made by RCA, or maybe they are GE tubes - we have to see what they are.

I wish us all happy listening and happy tube rolling with the Elise with humility (and not breaking the bank lol).

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #22 of 13,846
  Hi All,

Now I know that I can still communicate and learn from all the kind, helpful and wonderful people on this thread. 

I have a pair of Sylvania/Arcturus 6N7G tubes coming as well as the adapters, and also a pair of re-labeled 6AS7GA tubes with copper rods. Possibly they are made by RCA, or maybe they are GE tubes - we have to see what they are.

I wish us all happy listening and happy tube rolling with the Elise with humility (and not breaking the bank lol).

Hello Mordy...

Your "Sylvania/Arcturus 6N7G" are in the ST envelope?

These sound good too: "6AS7GA tubes with copper rods".

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #23 of 13,846
Hi JV,

Was under the impression that all 6N7G tubes have the ST envelope - hope I did not make a mistake...

If I understand correctly, the 6N7 tubes have a metal envelope, and the 6N7GT a straight glass envelope.

Bought from a seller without seeing any pictures. Arcturus is a very old brand famous for blue colored glass, but they stopped production perhaps in the 40's. Since they were located in the same town as Tung Sol, perhaps TS absorbed the brand  This is only a guess because later Arcturus tubes seem to be rebranded from different US/foreign? manufacturers with different boxes than the original ones.

Could not find any good information on this brand - shrouded in mystery as so many other tube manufacturers.

Here are some original Arcturus tube boxes:
101A-side.jpg

Here are later boxes (rebranded?:

DSC01240_1002.jpg

One of these tubes has the famous blue glass - which one:

ancestors1.jpg

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 13,846
Hi JV,

Was under the impression that all 6N7G tubes have the ST envelope - hope I did not make a mistake...

If I understand correctly, the 6N7 tubes have a metal envelope, and the 6N7GT a straight glass.

Mordy, those are beautiful!! Best of luck with them. I know the brand, didn't know they ceased production that far back.

You are right on with the (3) 6N7 type descriptions. You want the larger ST envelope ones (seem to be earlier production as well).

Cheers!!

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #28 of 13,846
An old favourite which I love

Yes, it was very well done. I always liked "Seagull" off that album, too.

Ready For Love, we always listened to on the 1972 Mott The Hoople LP: "All The Young Dudes" :)

Mick Ralphs was in Mott, and later formed Bad Company, and reworked "Ready For Love", and of course
had a big hit with it :)

Cheers!!!

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #29 of 13,846

First off...GREAT TO SEE YOU GUYS ONCE MORE. Sorry for this late post  - curse our time difference, lol! - but my usual late night listening session turned into something rather more traumatic!!
wink_face.gif
. However....we're now back on track...
tongue.gif

Quote:

These are my Philcos 6N7G that just came. I think they look gorgeous.

Ooohhh - those look real nice, UT. Should sound real nice too, I suspect!...(can't begin to imagine the waiting pain you must be going through...but hang in there!!
wink.gif
).

As i was posting my reply to you about getting an Elise ,thread was locked so here's my answer i already have 6 amps and no room lol so would have to thin the heard before jumping in also the Canadian currency really sucks these days would have to add 25% +customs so that was my main reason for not getting one this past spring .But you never know what the future holds .                                        

Wow, M...lovely collection, painful choices! Those taxes etc. sure are killer...real shame. Perhaps someone from over here will be paying a visit over there one day, lol...live in hope...
But it's great to see you back with us Elise lovers...
beerchug.gif

Why was the other thread locked?

No gory details...but for the info of others also, let's just say a certain member went too far.

But nice to see we're up and running again once more...just hope all our friends find this new thread!

Hi All,

Glad you also soon found the new thread, mordy...we - ALL of us -  still have much to do in the pursuit of audio nirvana...via this wonderful amp "Elise"...
L3000.gif

Mordy, those are beautiful!! Best of luck with them. I know the brand, didn't know they ceased production that far back.

You are right on with the (3) 6N7 type descriptions. You want the larger ST envelope ones (seem to be earlier production as well).

Cheers!!

Hi JV...yes indeed - "Coke Bottles" all the way, lol! 
dt880smile.png
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #30 of 13,846
Hi H1 good morning
bigsmile_face.gif
  It's 6:15pm for me here lol. We're talking across the oceans.

Wish me luck I'm committing to buying 2 of these. Was told the wordings are exactly the same as those in the photo and that they are NOS and tested. So hoping this time it's some shiny tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back