Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #11,371 of 11,460
Feb 7, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #11,372 of 11,460
Hello,
here is my review of the 6SN7 Select from Apos Audio.
The review was made with the Euforia and should be of interest to you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/6sn7-select-ray-from-apos-audio.27017/reviews

Apos Audio's latest craze is also online:
https://apos.audio/products/apos-ray-vacuum-tube-6sn7-reserve?_pos=3&_sid=c26d16cdd&_ss=r

I already love the look of the tube and am confident that it is also very good.

You should definitely think about the Select, which is worthwhile for the Euforia as well as the Elise.
I found it better than the Ps Vane tube. And is actually one of the best new stock tubes.

@Louisiana
Deyan makes Adapters too for the Euforia/Elise.
With his adapters you can drive 6v6 als driver tubes,output El34,Kt 66/88 and some more.
But ask him, my adapters was made a long time ago

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #11,373 of 11,460
Hello,
here is my review of the 6SN7 Select from Apos Audio.
The review was made with the Euforia and should be of interest to you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/6sn7-select-ray-from-apos-audio.27017/reviews

Apos Audio's latest craze is also online:
https://apos.audio/products/apos-ray-vacuum-tube-6sn7-reserve?_pos=3&_sid=c26d16cdd&_ss=r

I already love the look of the tube and am confident that it is also very good.

You should definitely think about the Select, which is worthwhile for the Euforia as well as the Elise.
I found it better than the Ps Vane tube. And is actually one of the best new stock tubes.

@Louisiana
Deyan makes Adapters too for the Euforia/Elise.
With his adapters you can drive 6v6 als driver tubes,output El34,Kt 66/88 and some more.
But ask him, my adapters was made a long time ago
How can you order the tubes outside from the US or Canada?

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #11,374 of 11,460
My Deyan KT88 adapters are in! Switching the PsVanes to Sophias while I waited for them made somewhat of a difference but switching the 6N13S to Sophia KT88 was a huge difference that I love :L3000: wanna try and run 4 of them but there might not be enough clearance :sob: will have to measure sometime!

tlyrio.jpg

04ig4a.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #11,376 of 11,460
Hi guys!

I am desperately looking for a matching AMP for my Utopia OG.

My DAC is a Ferrum Wandla which I currently use with my trusty old V200, which sounds good but not outstanding.

Is the Euforia Evo worth it over the OG Euforia? The latter can be had used for around 1k.
Euforia Evo going for substantially more.

I think Wandla has also pretty good SE outputs.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #11,377 of 11,460
Hi guys!

I am desperately looking for a matching AMP for my Utopia OG.

My DAC is a Ferrum Wandla which I currently use with my trusty old V200, which sounds good but not outstanding.

Is the Euforia Evo worth it over the OG Euforia? The latter can be had used for around 1k.
Euforia Evo going for substantially more.

I think Wandla has also pretty good SE outputs.
Hello,
In principle, not much is different.
The Evo has a modern design XLR output connected in parallel.
Maybe a little bit more power compared to the Classic.
Feliks keeps updating the design on the inside but everything remains the same, including the components.

On Ebay classifieds in Germany there is a Classic for 1000€ that might be interesting for you.
Mine is in there too, but it's a bit better than the standard classic.
Because it has better capacitors.

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #11,378 of 11,460
Anyone from inside the EU interested in trading his Euforia Evo for a walnut Envy performance Edition?

Feb 15, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #11,379 of 11,460
Mine is in there too, but it's a bit better than the standard classic.
Because it has better capacitors.

Why were you not satisfied with the capacitors used by the manufacturer?
Which capacitors are now installed (photo?) and what does this mean for the sound?

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #11,381 of 11,460
Has anyone tried these tubes with the Euforia? Treasure Globe 6SN7-SE
They look very nice.

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #11,382 of 11,460
Was wondering if anyone could help me out here. When I turn the volume knob past the 4th dot a hum can be heard and gets louder in my headphones as the volume increases and I was wondering if this is normal. It happens to my Aeolus(with all the cables I have for it too) but not Edition XS so I was wondering if maybe it's an impedance thing since they have very different values. This is with no sound playing and happens with stock tubes as well as new the tubes I switched in. This is my first tube amp and I heard that it's normal for some to not be dead silent.

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #11,385 of 11,460
Was wondering if anyone could help me out here. When I turn the volume knob past the 4th dot a hum can be heard and gets louder in my headphones as the volume increases and I was wondering if this is normal. It happens to my Aeolus(with all the cables I have for it too) but not Edition XS so I was wondering if maybe it's an impedance thing since they have very different values. This is with no sound playing and happens with stock tubes as well as new the tubes I switched in. This is my first tube amp and I heard that it's normal for some to not be dead silent.
As @incredulousity said, it's probably DC noise coming from your mains. Easiest way to check this is to disconnect everything and UNPLUG everything EXCEPT your amp, plug it straight into the wall, and fire it up. Do you still hear noise? If you do, does grabbing any metal part of the amp (chassis, screws, etc.) cause the hum to change any? Once you've done that, move the amp to the far side of the house and try again. Same noise? Same intensity? Finally, put your amp back and start reconnecting components one at a time, moving from the "closest to the amp" in the chain further and further out until you find the one introducing the noise (assuming it's not coming from the mains).

Assuming the noise IS coming from your mains, you want a DC blocker, like a Humdinger or Emotiva CMX2 (I have two).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back