Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 23, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #11,386 of 11,460
Picked up a Diana MR, using a Chord Hugo 2 as a DAC. Initial impressions are bad, the bass distorts in an unpleasant way. I will check my setup but not sure what I could of done that is wrong, but this is not enjoyable so far on the EVO. If it does turn out to be a setup issue I will edit this post.

#EDIT - yes it looks to be a setup issue, crossfeed was switched on, switching it off reduces the bass distortion a good deal.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #11,387 of 11,460
Picked up a Diana MR, using a Chord Hugo 2 as a DAC. Initial impressions are bad, the bass distorts in an unpleasant way. I will check my setup but not sure what I could of done that is wrong, but this is not enjoyable so far on the EVO. If it does turn out to be a setup issue I will edit this post.

#EDIT - yes it looks to be a setup issue, crossfeed was switched on, switching it off reduces the bass distortion a good deal.
When struggling with distortion you can also try a lower input voltage from Hugo 2 going into Euforia. High input voltage was never a problem on mine but might be worth trying just to see if that makes a difference.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #11,388 of 11,460
Placed the Sophia KT88s on the 6SN7 sockets to see if quad might work before I bought 2 more but it wasn't possible to get both tubes standing straight up so it doesn't seem like it. Maybe if one is higher up with a saver but then that would look off.

lxpg9p.png

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #11,389 of 11,460
Placed the Sophia KT88s on the 6SN7 sockets to see if quad might work before I bought 2 more but it wasn't possible to get both tubes standing straight up so it doesn't seem like it. Maybe if one is higher up with a saver but then that would look off.

lxpg9p.png
One Pair of KT88 and one of EL34 might work though

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #11,391 of 11,460

lxpg9p.png
Hello,
I would not recommend the EL 34 Sophia Electric for the Euforia.
Because it has quite a dark sound.
If you play it with a warm sound or the system is generally warm, it can be a miss.
You would have to have something brighter to compensate if the Sophia is sitting on the output.
I think that although I have not heard the KT88 from Sophia but have read that it is similar to the EL34, it reacts similarly.
In both cases I would at least go for something with a brighter sound from the tubes to balance it out and bring out the dark.
By the way, you can use a normal 8-pin socket saver and plug it into one of the KT88s and then on top of the adapter, even if it looks unfortunate.
I did the same with the Linlai.

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #11,392 of 11,460

lxpg9p.png
Have @Deyan build you some "offset" adapters. Those work great when you have to fit fat tubes into tight spaces....

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #11,394 of 11,460
Just ordered a brand new Euforia Klassik LTD Edition, really thrilled to get my hands on it. I really dislike the look of the Evo, and the AE is hard to come by. Klassik should be Evo on the inside.
Will be paired with a Utopia OG.
Any tube recommendations for it? Or should I stick with the stock tubes?
The Evo is between a Klassik and Anniversary Edition on the inside but much closer to the Anniversary Edition.

Aesthetically it's very subjective, I prefer the Evo by a Landslide in that regard.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #11,395 of 11,460
The Evo is between a Klassik and Anniversary Edition on the inside but much closer to the Anniversary Edition.

Aesthetically it's very subjective, I prefer the Evo by a Landslide in that regard.
Yes for sure, aesthetics are very subjective.

Are you sure about the Klassik being different on the inside design?
Mind you I am not talking about the OG but rather about the new edition. My retailer told me, that it’s essentially identical to the EVO but without the new design and XLR Output. The latter being unbalanced anyway, as it just adapts the unbalanced signal.

Another retailer here in Germany has the same information on its listing.

Edit: for example here https://headphone.shop/de/produkt/feliks-audio-euforia-klassik/

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #11,396 of 11,460
Yes for sure, aesthetics are very subjective.

Are you sure about the Klassik being different on the inside design?
Mind you I am not talking about the OG but rather about the new edition. My retailer told me, that it’s essentially identical to the EVO but without the new design and XLR Output. The latter being unbalanced anyway, as it just adapts the unbalanced signal.

Another retailer here in Germany has the same information on its listing.

Edit: for example here https://headphone.shop/de/produkt/feliks-audio-euforia-klassik/
Good that you asked for clarification.
I was talking about the "old" Euforia and didn't know about this new Klassik.

So yes the new Klassik and the Evo are identical internally, my bad

Feb 24, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #11,399 of 11,460
Personally I prefer the Hugo 2 over EVO for Diana MR, I am not convinced the latter is the best pairing and given that I will certainly be keeping the MRs if anyone is after a two month old EVO in the UK then feel free to DM me. I preferred it with the D8000 Pros, that said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back