FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Jan 6, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #91 of 462
Just came home to my pair of FH1s. Initial impressions are extremely positive. Warm, smooth sound with a very good fit. I can hear the boosted bass but it doesn't bloat or spill into the mids. I find these much more enjoyable than the F9s right out of the box.
Due to treble fatigue, I gave up the F9 Pro and no longer have them. How is the isolation on these? Say with kids shouting or car tyres on tarmac, are these noises attenuated enough?

With F9Pros (no music playing) it sounds like it's raining outside, isolation ain't so good.

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #93 of 462
As a basshead I'm loving these. There is some serious sub bass here. At the moment I'm using the Schiit Bifrost Uber + Lake People g109 amp. Not sure how they sound out of mobile devices, but I'm really liking the sound.

Wondering how the subbass of this compares to ibasso IT01? Hopefully someone can provide a comparison between the two. I know for a fact that it's unfair to compare the two since IT01 is a single DD(graphene) only but the IT01's subbass sometimes can rumble as much as it's big brother IT03 considering it's 2BA+1DD. :)

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #94 of 462
Why unfair? Both have a dynamic driver and that driver is the only thing that is giving the sub-bass.:)

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #95 of 462
Jan 8, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #97 of 462
Why unfair? Both have a dynamic driver and that driver is the only thing that is giving the sub-bass.:)

Driver count has nothing to do with it... Driver characteristics and tuning are EVERYTHING. Examples of endgame single driver IEMs: Campfire Audio Vega, Dita The Dream and Hifiman RE-2000.

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #98 of 462
Okay, so why are you quoting me? :) I asked why it was unfair even if one has another armature to compare the sub-bass of the two. Not sure why hydroid knew "for a fact" it was unfair to compare them. If comparing the sub-bass performance of two dynamic drivers of earphones that are within $20 of each other isn't fair I don't know what is fair to compare.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #99 of 462
Okay, so why are you quoting me? :) I asked why it was unfair even if one has another armature to compare the sub-bass of the two. Not sure why they said they knew for a fact it was unfair to compare them. If comparing the sub-bass performance of two dynamic drivers of earphones that are within $20 of each other isn't fair I don't know what is fair to compare.
Apologies. I meant to quote the post above yours. I hadn't had my coffee yet :)

I think we can all agree that it would be nice to have a comparo of the IT01, IT03 and the FH1...

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #100 of 462
Yeah, I figured you meant to quote hydroid. Coffee sounds good right about now!

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #101 of 462
I think we can all agree that it would be nice to have a comparo of the IT01, IT03 and the FH1...

And Simgot EN700 Pro...

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #102 of 462

And Simgot EN700 Pro...
The 03 are three times the price o.o

I have the IT01 and will get the H1 by the end of this week hopefully.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #103 of 462
I've heard good things about these so far.. I might be looking to add these to my collection.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #104 of 462
Sign. When oh when is my local retailer gonna get these... The anticipation is killer. An acceptably long review would definitely help.

S'il vous plait. Would you kindly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back