FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 12, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #10,291 of 18,020
+1
L3000.gif

Same goes for my and Music Two & Shure SRH 1840, it really sounds rich and detailed :)

I just noticed an issue on Soundcloud, the streaming doesn't work :frowning2: the sound is intermittent...

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #10,292 of 18,020
You should send in your AM1 for repairs while you're waiting... :xf_eek:

My AM1 module developed a problem too. The volume output to the right channel is softer than the left channel. I thought it was my ciem that spoiled but tested other DAPs with it and isolated the problem back to AM1

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #10,293 of 18,020

Do you also judge new headphones right out of the box? Come on, give the X7 some burn in time.
I for one also don´t understand the negativity about the AM1. Mine sounds wonderfully balanced. Love it!  
biggrin.gif

I like AM1, it is not necessary a bad thing that it is a bit musical and smooth. 

It is more like, it is good to take this into account, before everyone's tastes differ. I liked AM1 better than X7 + K5, for example. Even though, I actually liked the crisp treble of X5II more than smooth treble of X7. Probably music also makes a difference, as I listen to lots of metal, electronic, and generally fast and upbeat music, some of which is aggressive. Aggressive music is helped a lot to sound even more aggressive by harsh, crisp, clean, and pronounced treble. 

I generally do not judge headphones out of the box, but I am neither a big fan of burn in. I think that mental burn in is much more important. There have been times when great headphones sounded bad because I was either not in a good mood, or tired, or not paying attention to music, and there were times when very bad headphones and IEMs pleased me a lot.

With X7, every single time I turned it on it would take a minute, or two (probably to index files) before sounding good. In this one or two minutes, files would stop and play and stop, so I let it finish. Then, the sound settles in and sounds good. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #10,294 of 18,020

With X7, every single time I turned it on it would take a minute, or two (probably to index files) before sounding good. In this one or two minutes, files would stop and play and stop, so I let it finish. Then, the sound settles in and sounds good. 

Is that with firmware 1.8? I´ve never experienced it.

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #10,296 of 18,020
What else does this beta fw do?
Is it legitimate Fiio firmware?

I just jumped in and upgraded :rolleyes:

The problem seems corrected but the majority of my album/artis art is missing. The tracks individually show the covers. Shadow, any hint?

[Edit] It did happen before this firmware and a rescan fixed it, not this time. Sure its a beta so its normal to be work in progress...

TIA

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #10,297 of 18,020
Mar 12, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #10,299 of 18,020
I just jumped in and upgraded :rolleyes:

The problem seems corrected but the majority of my album/artis art is missing. The tracks individually show the covers. Shadow, any hint?

TIA

Btw, love the new VU meter ... :darthsmile:

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #10,301 of 18,020
I'm highly interested in in the X7. Are there enough bugs still in the OS to warrant holding off a little while longer? AND  Can the current amp module handle full sized headphones such as the Beyerdynamic T5p.2?

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #10,302 of 18,020
  I'm highly interested in in the X7. Are there enough bugs still in the OS to warrant holding off a little while longer? AND  Can the current amp module handle full sized headphones such as the Beyerdynamic T5p.2?

I would say 1.No/2.No

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #10,303 of 18,020
  Thank you! I'd love to give it a shot, is there a clear way to downgrade to 1.8 should anything go wrong?

i'm not sure if i voiced this right before, but i would like to be able to do a full system backup, before upgrading to anything too.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #10,304 of 18,020
I'm thinking of a new DAP to replace my Ibasso DX90. Has anyone gone from a Cowon Plenue 1 to a X7 or had the chance to listen to both and give an honest opinion? I like the usability of the X7 and the ability to load different apps as they become available but I'm thinking the Cowon might edge it in audio quality which is really what I'm bothered about. I'll be using Cosmic Ears CE6P IEM's so the AM1 should be fine in the X7 and easily enough on the Cowon. If you could get either one for the same price which do you think would have the better sound?

I have searched but no one seems to have done a direct comparison.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back