FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #10,306 of 18,020
I'm highly interested in in the X7. Are there enough bugs still in the OS to warrant holding off a little while longer? AND  Can the current amp module handle full sized headphones such as the Beyerdynamic T5p.2?

I haven't had any bugs come out of my X7.....

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #10,308 of 18,020
Has anyone tried the Mr.Speakers Either-C with the X7 or K5 combo? Curious how the AM1 module drives it... obviously not the best choice but the AM2 isn't widely available yet

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #10,309 of 18,020
My AM1 module developed a problem too. The volume output to the right channel is softer than the left channel. I thought it was my ciem that spoiled but tested other DAPs with it and isolated the problem back to AM1

Hmm interesting you mention this. I've been having this problem as well. Sometimes if I don't push the IEM in with enough force, there's significant channel imbalance. It doesn't happen with my other equipment.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #10,310 of 18,020
I just jumped in and upgraded
rolleyes.gif

The problem seems corrected but the majority of my album/artis art is missing. The tracks individually show the covers. Shadow, any hint?

[Edit] It did happen before this firmware and a rescan fixed it, not this time. Sure its a beta so its normal to be work in progress...

TIA

Same thing happened to me. Some covers are shown, most of them not. Within individual tracks they appear. The song order still isn't right when navigating from artist > albums, but not everywhere. Could this be a tagging problem? Beta 1.82.

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #10,311 of 18,020
  Hmm interesting you mention this. I've been having this problem as well. Sometimes if I don't push the IEM in with enough force, there's significant channel imbalance. It doesn't happen with my other equipment.

The imbalance with my right channel does not disappear even after making sure the 3.5mm plug is pushed in fully, turning it around and around etc.

As far as I can tell user RebeccaSugar was the first to report this. Now we have two more cases.

I will send the module in for repair or replacement. It's not an issue I want persisting because initially i thought there was a problem with my hearing!

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #10,313 of 18,020
Is there a way to downgrade from the latest beta? This one is not really working for me as some of my artists don't show any tracks (they are only available via folder-search). Would be great if someone can tell me, how to downgrade. Since the recovery-system is telling me that it can't install the package, because the beta is a newer build.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #10,314 of 18,020
Is there a way to downgrade from the latest beta? This one is not really working for me as some of my artists don't show any tracks (they are only available via folder-search). Would be great if someone can tell me, how to downgrade. Since the recovery-system is telling me that it can't install the package, because the beta is a newer build.

Have you re-scanned the media library after the upgrade?

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #10,316 of 18,020

I would say you just have to paste the 1.8 FW zip file in the storage and proceed to the update, the device itself doesnt care about which one is the latest, it's just about installing fw versions i guess :)

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #10,318 of 18,020

I tried to to go back to firmware 1.5 because of the crippled output in 1.8 EQ and I asked Joe if he could advise - this is what he said: 

"I'm afraid that it seems that X7 firmware updates, unlike previous X player updates, are irreversible. This appears to be the case also, with all the Android smartphones I've used. Perhaps it's just the nature of Android."

I've tried many things but cannot reverse the firmware.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #10,319 of 18,020
That sucks big time. But i guess there is a way. They would just need to update some of those older firmwares with newer dates, so the android boot-loader recognizes them as a "newer" firmware. Because that is basically what prevents me from downgrading to an older version. The boot-loader is checking the date the firmware was compiled and if it is older then the current firmware, it won't update. I hope that Fiio is able to help us on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back