FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 2, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #10,066 of 18,020
  I don't know if I am breaking rules or not, but I just got a X7 for $598 at musicaacoustic.jp
For anyone willing to get a unit, it seems like a good deal (and I live in Brazil).

Dimitri's da baws. That is all!

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #10,067 of 18,020
dear all,

I am a long time lurker from Italy who bought himself a nice selfmade xmas present on last december: I told my wife that my auntie got generous with me but the truth is I got no auntie and since then I've got one of the finest piece pf machinery I've ever owned.

I paired X7 with B&W P7, Philips Fidelio X1 with new hand-made cable (mogami + neutrik) and with a pair of old Shure E2c. I am literally stunned with SQ! I've got the same positive shock I went through when I replaced old speakers at home with Bowers 804 and the same compulsion to run through my entire music collection (700+ gb) to listen to it with new ears! 

Hundreds of people have already seen my smile while commuting on metro every morning, especially with the P7 that, IMHO, are a perfect match for X7, starting from the astounding building quality to the sonic signatures. 

I found the same musicality I hear from my dac at home (yamaha cds-2100 with ess 9016 sabre on board) and I am a (middle-aged) boy with a new toy to be proud and happy of!

So kudos to Fiio and its skill in winning new customers simply speaking with and listening to them! What a simple yet effective receipt in marketing...

I spend 10 hours a day in my Company every day struggling to explain how to deal with CRMs matters when all I should do is to point my customers to FiiO to learn how to gain and consolidate market (i.e. people).

Wonderful job and wonderful products,Sirs, indeed!!

There are still a few quirks still affecting X7 but I have no doubt that they will be ironed out in a few firmware upgrades: every now and then "unfortunately fiio music has stopped" message shows up, browsing music is not exactly streamlined and I am not still able to buy a cover at a decent price here. Nothing too big, you can see.

I'd be happy with an interface upgrade, a little more visibility of small writings (no more small light grey fonts, I'm getting too old to read!), buttons swap as I am left handed...

I would also like an app to control X7 from smartphone/smartwatch, in order to avoid pulling it out of pockets every five minutes to change music.... but now I'm daydreaming...

Anyway, lots of words (forgive me) to basically express my joy in being a FiiO customer and X7 owner! It's a great Company, surely made out of great people: no wonder they make great stuff.

my best. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #10,071 of 18,020
Here is a semi-related find for any who might be interested. There is an ad on Canuckaudiomart for an X5 new with bill of sale apparently for $195 Canadian, so in US dollars it might be a good buy for somebody. Not sure, but I just thought I would post it anyway.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649247920-fiio-x5-brand-new-in-box-award-winning-dap-mp3-audio-player-with-the-bill-of-sale/

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #10,072 of 18,020
Hi All, got my Dignis case today (Blue) and it is a winner.  Switching from Fiio leatherette.  Anyways, now that the pulsar light is visible, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option in the settings to only have the Pulsar light on when music is playing.  I may have missed this in the settings, but I don't see this option.  I've just had it turned off except for when charging up til now.  With the new Dignis case, the Pulsar light, albeit a vanity thing, looks really cool and to have it on only when music is playing or charging would be a nice option.

Just a thought.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #10,073 of 18,020
  Here is a semi-related find for any who might be interested. There is an ad on Canuckaudiomart for an X5 new with bill of sale apparently for $195 Canadian, so in US dollars it might be a good buy for somebody. Not sure, but I just thought I would post it anyway.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649247920-fiio-x5-brand-new-in-box-award-winning-dap-mp3-audio-player-with-the-bill-of-sale/

50 days in the system and nobody has bought it?

Unless of course it is sold and the poster forgot to remove the ad or mark it as sold, which does happen a lot on CAM.

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #10,074 of 18,020
  50 days in the system and nobody has bought it?

Unless of course it is sold and the poster forgot to remove the ad or mark it as sold, which does happen a lot on CAM.

Not sure, just figured it might be worth an e-mail from somebody else to the seller, I'm not in the market for a DAP right now myself.

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #10,075 of 18,020
Had a chance to choose between this and the DX80. Budget is not in conncern, just sound. Anyone here can enlighten me with some good advice? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #10,076 of 18,020
  Had a chance to choose between this and the DX80. Budget is not in conncern, just sound. Anyone here can enlighten me with some good advice? 
smily_headphones1.gif

There is much to consider, but I would go for X7. Having modular amps is a sweet thing. And I also love it's signature. 

If you can demo both, it is the best way to know what you are after. 

Full metal + glass build is another thing that I love about X7. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #10,077 of 18,020

Maybe you were lucky and I had bad luck? 
biggrin.gif

My experience tells me to stay away from AMOLED. 

I am the type of person who is really into display technology, and I am getting a 100% AdobreRGB coverage IPS display, and had a bad experience with AMOLEDs with ghosting to the point that it would degrade way too fast for me. 

Maybe other people either do not see or are not bothered by these things? 

It happened with a note4. After less than 3 months of usage. Used with 100% brightness the entire time, and had display on for long periods of time vor video watching, and other stuff, so this might had had it's word to say?

Thanks for the heads-up. I will make sure to consider getting a Note 6 when it comes out.  (I might get a Note 7 considering the time I can buy a smartphone on contract again)(Or I might change the contract and buy only with money). 

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #10,078 of 18,020
Can FiiO tell me how the pcb is mounted in the AM1 case? I just plugged in a micro usb cable and the sound on my left channel reacted like it sounds when you use a carbon potmeter. (Volume lowering and some disttirtion)

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #10,079 of 18,020
My impressions of the AMP2 module:

I received this a few weeks ago as a review sample and while appreciating the abilities of the X7, I was not overwhelmed by the sound. With the AMP1 module it is smooth but lacks some dynamics, transparency and bass control. Knowing what the Sabre chip the X7 uses can do, the sound, which for me with this chip means transparency, dynamics, and a very good soundstage, I felt that more was to come. With the AMP2 module this comes to light. 

The sound with the newest module opens up. The transparency, space and air surrounding instruments and voices, becomes more involving. The dynamics improves to a level that for me, I enjoy it even more than the K5 docking station. On the K5, I think it a very capable and great buy so it is not something I would pass by because it offers so many conveniences. 

I notice that with the AMP2 module that cymbals have a brassier and longer hang in the air sound and when enjoying jazz this is important to me. Also on well recorded rock, again the cymbal sound is clean and right. With regards to rock there is nice slam with the module and importantly with increased dynamics, as volume increases the sound field does not collapse, which can destroy the enjoyment and illusion of the sound presentation. Layering is better with the AMP2 and in general you gain a more coherent and cohesive sound. 

Many of these attributes of course go to the X7, because if it were not capable, then it wouldn’t matter what the AMP2 does but the combination with many headphones and with IEM’s works extremely well. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #10,080 of 18,020
Received the X7 again to update my initial review and I must say I am impressed. Many of my listed shortcomings or requested changes have not only been updated, but in some cases have had even more done than what many of us originally requested. For example, the light bar can now be turned off completely, but they also allow brightness on it to be changed too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back