FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 4, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #10,114 of 18,020
Hi FiiO !

Can a firmware that acquired the technical standards conformity certification of Japan be applied to a global model?
Or, is a Japanese unique firmware necessary?

http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/e/adm/monitoring/illegal/monitoring_qa/index.htm

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #10,115 of 18,020
  Hi FiiO !

Can a firmware that acquired the technical standards conformity certification of Japan be applied to a global model?
Or, is a Japanese unique firmware necessary?

http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/e/adm/monitoring/illegal/monitoring_qa/index.htm

I would think a piece of software can't be classified as "radio equipment" in any logical way.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #10,116 of 18,020

I would think a piece of software can't be classified as "radio equipment" in any logical way.

X7 of the radio did not get the technical standards conformity certification of Japan.
Sales for that issue has been stopped.

Japan distributor has announced that it will acquire the technical standards conformity certification of X7.
However acquired authentication logo must include the firmware.

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #10,117 of 18,020

radio in this case means bluetooth/wifi, i think?

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #10,118 of 18,020
  X7 of the radio did not get the technical standards conformity certification of Japan.
Sales for that issue has been stopped.

Japan distributor has announced that it will acquire the technical standards conformity certification of X7.
However acquired authentication logo must include the firmware.

Then it will acquire the certification as self containing unit, meaning the software and hardware as a whole, not as individual components. For example, say an actual FM radio has such a certification, it is not that the loudspeaker inside or the antenna is individually certified, but the whole FM radio is certified. What that means it that the Japanese distributor will submit X7 (with whatever firmware, which most likely the latest version) for certification. But does that means there will be any special thing going to be done to the firmware? Probably not. As whatever is running the radio (WiFi + BT) side of the firmware is probably just standard Android driver common to many other Android devices, and there is just nothing special or unique that need to be done or can be done. Besides, such a certification is there to ensure the radio equipment is operated within the standard spec - since WiFi and BT in X7 are both international recognized standard, there is pretty much no need for any special firmware to run them in Japan, unless somehow Japan is using some special WiFi and BT standard that are different from what the international standards are. As far as I can see, it is sort of a moot point.

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #10,119 of 18,020

Had same on both my units, didnt time it but blank screen for good few seconds before welcome screen when powering up, kept thinking it had failed at first. 3rd should be here next week hopefully so can see on that one too...

It doesn't seem to be anything that wrong with the device. It's pretty consistent in this matter. And one the welcome screen comes on it loads quick. Just a minor nuisance. Just thought it was weird, My Asus Zenfone 2 also takes like 3-7 seconds to show anything on the screen, but at least when it recognizing the boot begins it has the haptic feedback to acknowledge the power.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #10,121 of 18,020
Consider this: It takes roughly 55 seconds for my Xperia Z3+ (Snapdragon 810 with quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57, plus 3GB ram) to boot from complete shutdown to the lock screen. It only takes X7 (Rockchip RK3188 with quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex A9, plus 1GB ram) about 35 seconds to do the same - in that regard, I don't think it is slow at all. The only differences are (1) that you don't restart your smartphone frequent enough to notice they are not actually that fast to boot up from complete shutdown, but you do notice on X7 (even though it is plenty fast IMO) because you always boot from complete shutdown, and (2) the blank screen on X7 initial startup give you the impression that it takes longer time to boot, or that it is doing nothing, even though it is not. This is a trick Apple uses on their computer that makes people think their PC is faster than Windows PC, which isn't really the case. By showing some intermediate loading screen, people often think it somehow is a 'faster' process even though it could have taken longer time.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #10,124 of 18,020
  Consider this: It takes roughly 55 seconds for my Xperia Z3+ (Snapdragon 810 with quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57, plus 3GB ram) to boot from complete shutdown to the lock screen. It only takes X7 (Rockchip RK3188 with quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex A9, plus 1GB ram) about 35 seconds to do the same - in that regard, I don't think it is slow at all. The only differences are (1) that you don't restart your smartphone frequent enough to notice they are not actually that fast to boot up from complete shutdown, but you do notice on X7 (even though it is plenty fast IMO) because you always boot from complete shutdown, and (2) the blank screen on X7 initial startup give you the impression that it takes longer time to boot, or that it is doing nothing, even though it is not. This is a trick Apple uses on their computer that makes people think their PC is faster than Windows PC, which isn't really the case. By showing some intermediate loading screen, people often think it somehow is a 'faster' process even though it could have taken longer time.

ClieOS, wow, your CanJam SG pics are AWESOME!!!!

I didn't get a chance to listen to the X7 with the Liquid Spark. Do you have any initial impressions on the amp vs other amps that you LO from the X7? Is it amazing like they say?

In the Ether C thread, MrSpeakers owner Dan Clark posted: "BTW, I can very happily say the Cavalli Spark rocks both ETHERs.  My AK320 driving Spark = a heavy pocket for a ton of amazing." I know Ethers are full-sized and you are more of an IEM man...

You have a great pic below from the CanJam thread!

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #10,125 of 18,020
  ClieOS, wow, your CanJam SG pics are AWESOME!!!!

I didn't get a chance to listen to the X7 with the Liquid Spark. Do you have any initial impressions on the amp vs other amps that you LO from the X7? Is it amazing like they say?

In the Ether C thread, MrSpeakers owner Dan Clark posted: "BTW, I can very happily say the Cavalli Spark rocks both ETHERs.  My AK320 driving Spark = a heavy pocket for a ton of amazing." I know Ethers are full-sized and you are more of an IEM man...

You have a great pic below from the CanJam thread!

Didn't really have a lot of time with it as it was at the end of 2nd day and the show was almost over,  so my listening is pretty brief. but as far as I can tell, it is an excellent sounding amp. I don't see why it won't drive full sized just as well as IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back