Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 13, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #4,501 of 6,244
It's a fantastic cable. Sounds great with RN6. Sounds great with my Eclipse. It's a great all-rounder, especially with Termx and Conx...

May 13, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #4,504 of 6,244
which cable did you like the most with RN6?
Yes, sorry, I was talking about Cleo II Octa. But right now I am loving the RN6 with Code 23.

Code 23 is giving me more bass impact and texture than Cleo II Octa or stock. The midrange is a bit more detailed and clear - the blackness of the background on the Code 23 is unreal - and with added depth and euphony that is just incredible - it makes the Cleo II Octa midrange sound a bit gauzy by comparison. Stock cable is very very good in the mids too, but a little more refined/thin and less dynamic and less deep than Code 23.

Code 23 also improves upper mid clarity over Cleo and stock. Maybe it brightens things up a bit but I think it's really more about increased clarity and impact.

And the treble is a tad clearer and more precise on Code 23, which is crazy given that it's copper vs. the silver of Cleo and stock.

I find the overall, slightly-warmer yet more dynamic, clearer, and more extended and 3D presentation of Code 23 to be addictive.

I prefer the red module on the RN6 but adding the Code23 brings it more toward black - only without the upper-bass/lower-mid muddiness I find with the black module. It's a deeper, more texture low end.

Soundstage with Cde23 is on par with Cleo, both being a tad better than stock.

There is something about the Code23... It's still newish to me so things may change and YMMV, etc. But this may be the keeper cable for my RN6...

May 13, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #4,505 of 6,244
Yes, sorry, I was talking about Cleo II Octa. But right now I am loving the RN6 with Code 23.

Code 23 is giving me more bass impact and texture than Cleo II Octa or stock. The midrange is a bit more detailed and clear - the blackness of the background on the Code 23 is unreal - and with added depth and euphony that is just incredible - it makes the Cleo II Octa midrange sound a bit gauzy by comparison. Stock cable is very very good in the mids too, but a little more refined/thin and less dynamic and less deep than Code 23.

Code 23 also improves upper mid clarity over Cleo and stock. Maybe it brightens things up a bit but I think it's really more about increased clarity and impact.

And the treble is a tad clearer and more precise on Code 23, which is crazy given that it's copper vs. the silver of Cleo and stock.

I find the overall, slightly-warmer yet more dynamic, clearer, and more extended and 3D presentation of Code 23 to be addictive.

I prefer the red module on the RN6 but adding the Code23 brings it more toward black - only without the upper-bass/lower-mid muddiness I find with the black module. It's a deeper, more texture low end.

There is something about the Code23... It's still newish to me so things may change and YMMV, etc. But this may be the keeper cable for my RN6...
And this is the reason that I bought five of those … I got my first one in limited ed Cyber Green, paired it with Fiio FD-7 and it transformed into a whole new IEM. I have since bought for more of those: one for Sennheiser HD800S, Focal Clear MG and HIFIMAN Arya SE, the other two for Fatfreq Maestro SE and Fir Radon 6 when I actually got my hand on these.. Love these cables so much !! The con-x can be a pain to unscrew at times for switching between IEMs, so figured why not get one or two more and not risk damaging the connections / have to send back to Singapore.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
May 13, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #4,506 of 6,244
How is the Radon 6 compared to the Xenon 6? I already have the 64 Audio Tia Fourte and I am afraid that the Radon 6 will sound too similar? Is the Xenon 6 a better complementary / sound more different ?

I also shamelessly enjoy female vocals and bass, lots of punch and slam 😅

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #4,507 of 6,244

Thank you .... you were really precise in the explanation.

May 14, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #4,508 of 6,244
How is the Radon 6 compared to the Xenon 6? I already have the 64 Audio Tia Fourte and I am afraid that the Radon 6 will sound too similar? Is the Xenon 6 a better complementary / sound more different ?

I also shamelessly enjoy female vocals and bass, lots of punch and slam 😅

No, Tia Fourte doesn't sound similar to RN6, however XE6 sounds even more different though. For more focus of punch/slam/bass, just go straight to XE6.

I used to owned Forute for around 4 years before moved to VE Phonix for around 2 years, then moved to RN6.

May 14, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #4,509 of 6,244
I don't need another cable. I don't need another cable. I don't need...
ofc you do 😏

If it helps the stock Rn6 cable is superb. i haven't swapped it out yet.

May 14, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #4,510 of 6,244
No, Tia Fourte doesn't sound similar to RN6, however XE6 sounds even more different though. For more focus of punch/slam/bass, just go straight to XE6.

I used to owned Forute for around 4 years before moved to VE Phonix for around 2 years, then moved to RN6.
Thank you 🙏🏻

May 15, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #4,512 of 6,244

Thank you

May 16, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,514 of 6,244
IMG_1611.jpeg

My professional life blurring the lines of digital communication, music and technology has afforded me unique opportunities, experience and connections around the world, just like my love for Star Wars.

None of that is more true than my relationship with FIR Audio, a Ukrainian born, Oregon based team that I’m grateful to be able to call personal friends.

Like my next costume in Axe Woves I’m building with Dan Betters and Laura Evonne for the 501st Legion their new launch in the Radon 6 was something I knew connected with immediately.

This design was intended to to represent just that, taking influences from the Nite Owls - the power that both aspects of my life have to create community.

THIS is the way.

May 16, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #4,515 of 6,244
Rn6 Closeup.jpg

For those that are in the US and would like to hear the Rn6 for themselves follow my link in my signature below to join our Fir Frontier Tour. I am currently working on adding the Rn6 to our current Frontier tour so we can all hear this incredible new IEM. My early impressions are that there are similarities to my Xenon 6, but the Rn6 even more detail and textures with a little more intimate soundstage. The intimacy may change with mechanical burn-in, but the additional textures and detail is significant. It almost makes the Xenon feel a little laid back. The textures are so good they almost tickle. This is definitely one you want to hear for yourself so join us on the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back