Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 26, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #4,562 of 6,349
I have the radon 6 and with the Memorial day sale I was thinking about getting the Cayin 8Nii . But before I empty may wallet I would like to know if this would make a good pairing or not and if there are any alternatives out there that would pair well with my set . Thanks .

May 26, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #4,563 of 6,349
I planned to change my KR5 to Radon, I listened to them. I do not share the general enthusiasm. the sound became in the style of Noble - skinny with the absence of mid-bass, everything is in detail. stay with Krypton.

Indeed I’ve sold the Kr5 in favor to buy the new Rn6, I’ve done an extensive +200 hour burn in, and test high end cables, various DAPs and Eartips on it…
I think this IEM is superior to what sultan could offer me (i have it some time ago), but it’s a more neutral kind of IEM than the general opinion tends to say.
The Kr5 has more sub and mid bass focus in every time i hear it (with any module)
The Rn6 has better mids and more extended highs, but sometimes this highs are a little spicy, with the red an black atom above all, the earphone becomes very neutral, the bass is very controled and the sound it’s no soft by any means…
With the silver and gold atom (which lose their paint every time you use them), i feel more the presence of the Kinetic Bass (no like the Kr5, what a marvel of bass have this earphone) but the mid bass is more notorious than the sub bass.
Finally…with the Silver atom, and the First Time cable i hear a very capable earphone, not an excellent all rounder, but a good one…
I try to contact FiR audio to discuss the differences that i hear in my unit and the general consensus. (maybe they can check it to see if there are any drivers not working or some problem) but i have very little response from them…

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #4,564 of 6,349
I have the N8ii and got the RN6 a couple weeks ago. Sounds great to me. I would label the Rn6 as fairly neutral with an emphasis on bass (but not so much to sound overly colored). I’ve only tried the red modules so far. I haven’t heard the other Fir iem’s but I doubt you’d be disappointed, these are impressively resolving and fun to listen to. As many have said, Fir customer service is outstanding.

May 26, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #4,565 of 6,349
I have the N8ii and got the RN6 a couple weeks ago. Sounds great to me. I would label the Rn6 as fairly neutral with an emphasis on bass (but not so much to sound overly colored). I’ve only tried the red modules so far. I haven’t heard the other Fir iem’s but I doubt you’d be disappointed, these are impressively resolving and fun to listen to. As many have said, Fir customer service is outstanding.

Thanks for the reply . I think I will go with the N8ii .

May 26, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #4,566 of 6,349
N8ii & RS8 still are best to me.
Can't go wrong with either, yet I would pair more relaxed IEMs with N8ii, and more agreesive IEMs with RS8.
But both have options and settings for any type.

May 30, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #4,570 of 6,349
Does anyone have experience with the Brise Audio Yatono 4W (both copper and silver?) together with the Fir Audio Radon 6?

I like the esthetics, but is it a good sound combination?

May 30, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #4,571 of 6,349
Hey guys, my full Radon 6 review is now online here. Enjoy!

FiR_Rn6_07.jpg

May 30, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #4,572 of 6,349
Hey guys, my full Radon 6 review is now online here. Enjoy!

FiR_Rn6_07.jpg
Great review, Guy! Really helpful as I quietly stalk the Fir Lineup! Amazing that the Z1R is still so relevant.

Jun 2, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #4,574 of 6,349
The XS modules from my KR5 are the same length as the Radon6 XS modules.

Jun 2, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #4,575 of 6,349
Finally!! The krypton is awesome. For now stock cable, but if I wanna upgrade without kill my wallet which cable recommend?

Attachments

• 20230531_184528.jpg
    20230531_184528.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back