flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 6, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #29,836 of 39,414
I’m secretly hoping for an Elysium successor. Elysium with DD bass would be awesome!

Too bad this demo unit won’t stay in Taiwan for long: going back to Germany right after a local event. I won’t get a chance to audition it :frowning2:

Are you going to attend the show, if so if love to find out more about these, I also would love an Elysium with a DD bass?

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #29,838 of 39,414
It's likely an EVE 21, which, based on some of the things I've heard, should be pretty exciting. :wink:

I thought the EVE 21 is due later this year but anyways, that would be interesting :)

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #29,839 of 39,414
I thought the EVE 21 is due later this year but anyways, that would be interesting :)
Oh, were there rumours that the 21 was gonna be a later release? I wasn't aware. I was more so going off the fact that the EVE 20 came out around this time last year. I could definitely be wrong.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #29,840 of 39,414
More importantly, give it a good thought when ordering MKII to decide which cable termination you need so you can futureproof it :wink: But the new cable is definitely a step up from the previous one, especially since it has a standard 2pin connector without that wrap-around plug.

um_mest_mkII-12.jpg

And the new MKII shell is definitely an improvement over the OG, at least to my ears. Besides being more compact, the nozzle angle fit is better with MKII, while I feel a pressure in my earcanal with OG. MKII on the left and OG is on the right:

um_mest_mkII-21.jpgum_mest_mkII-22.jpg
um_mest_mkII-25.jpgum_mest_mkII-26.jpg
Looks like a similar size difference between LX and Bravado II/Odin. No wonder the MkII is more comfortable. Compact shell with a shorter nozzle is always preferable to a bigger, longer one, IMO.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #29,841 of 39,414
Oh, were there rumours that the 21 was gonna be a later release? I wasn't aware. I was more so going off the fact that the EVE 20 came out around this time last year. I could definitely be wrong.

I remember reading a comment in one of the Instagram posts by Vision Ears to expect the EVE 21 to arrive in Q4 or something.

Edit, from VE’s 8th anniversary post:
24134664-8E02-415F-BBBD-5EFE6E297AC5.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #29,842 of 39,414
I remember reading a comment in one of the Instagram posts by Vision Ears to expect the EVE 21 to arrive in Q4 or something.

Edit, from VE’s 8th anniversary post:
24134664-8E02-415F-BBBD-5EFE6E297AC5.jpeg
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the info. In that case, I'm as stoked as you are to see what these ones truly are. :wink:

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #29,843 of 39,414
Are you going to attend the show, if so if love to find out more about these, I also would love an Elysium with a DD bass?

Unfortunately I can’t make the show. But hey I see @Oliver Marino here, any hints?

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #29,844 of 39,414
Hi guys, once more seeking advice from proud owners of both: I am looking for the best IEM for hiking and running. That means good fit (not a Z1R, lol) but also a non-fatiguing signature, and all run from a dongle (I just ordered the Luxury Precision W1).

I especially looked into Luna (very light and small) but am lately also thinking about the EE Legend X, just because they seem to have a fun signature I might enjoy while running in the mountains. Any thoughts from someone who owns both? THANKS!

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #29,845 of 39,414
I’m all in on buying the qdc V14, so I listed my VX-S. I’m a big fan of the VX-S, and my sense is the V14 will be a happy experience.

After this purchase and the S.K, I’m going to find a cave somewhere and become the Buddhist monk I was meant to be, albeit with fantastic sound from my little collection. 🤣

Namaste

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #29,846 of 39,414
Hi guys, once more seeking advice from proud owners of both: I am looking for the best IEM for hiking and running. That means good fit (not a Z1R, lol) but also a non-fatiguing signature, and all run from a dongle (I just ordered the Luxury Precision W1).

I especially looked into Luna (very light and small) but am lately also thinking about the EE Legend X, just because they seem to have a fun signature I might enjoy while running in the mountains. Any thoughts from someone who owns both? THANKS!
Hi, I own both Luna and LX. I’d say go for the Luna (plus it’s on offer from Musicteck). Luna is more of an all rounder than LX. I’m a bass lover, but after a couple of hours LX can get fatiguing. If I’m hiking, I want something that has zero fatiguing qualities (physical comfort and tuning). Luna excels at both.

Also, Luna comes with a USB C dac/amp dongle (made by DUNU) IN THE BOX, and pairs with it perfectly.

Side note: If you need that boomy bass fix, you can look into BLON 03 or even Tripowin TC01. These options cost less than 50 dollars. You may want to get Final E tips and a separate cable, the bundled ones are not good.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #29,847 of 39,414
Hi, I own both Luna and LX. I’d say go for the Luna (plus it’s on offer from Musicteck). Luna is more of an all rounder than LX. I’m a bass lover, but after a couple of hours LX can get fatiguing. If I’m hiking, I want something that has zero fatiguing qualities (physical comfort and tuning). Luna excels at both.

Also, Luna comes with a USB C dac/amp dongle (made by DUNU) IN THE BOX, and pairs with it perfectly.

Side note: If you need that boomy bass fix, you can look into BLON 03 or even Tripowin TC01. These options cost less than 50 dollars. You may want to get Final E tips and a separate cable, the bundled ones are not good.
Thank you for this! I do not need boomy bass, but I do enjoy some physical feedback from bass ... but I am sure that can be fixed with the Luna with some careful equing.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #29,848 of 39,414
Thank you for this! I do not need boomy bass, but I do enjoy some physical feedback from bass ... but I am sure that can be fixed with the Luna with some careful equing.
Sure! I would say BLON is boomy, TC01 gives you that physical presence (preferable for electronic music). I constantly choose TC01 over BLON.

But once in a while (especially when I put on g-funk), the BLON will be used.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #29,849 of 39,414

You are braver than I, is be crushed if I lost or damaged one of my LX`! Personally, I'd look at one of the Bluetooth offerings from EE or Noble, though I can't wear headphones in the wild, I've got to maintain situational awareness.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #29,850 of 39,414
You are braver than I, is be crushed if I lost or damaged one of my LX`! Personally, I'd look at one of the Bluetooth offerings from EE or Noble, though I can't wear headphones in the wild, I've got to maintain situational awareness.
I once saw one of my wireless earbuds fall down a mountain face because it became lose in my ear (but I could not reach to it since I had to hold a rope) -
wired is definitely the way to go here :). I know the feeling of not wanting to lose something, but well, let's hope it does not happen ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back