Focal Arche: Anyone compared to other options in its price range?
Apr 21, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #332 of 362
Finally got my Arche back from Naim support but his is not my original one, naim gave me a replacement and said the original has gone back to France. It's not a new one but it is in good condition. Lets see how we get on with this one. Great guys at Naim support.

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #333 of 362
Nice that they still support the Focal Arche. The only issue I ever got is if played music before I woke it up, it would skip tracks. Would have to unplug and plug back the usb cable. I had a usb to coaxial converter lying around and now use that as input. That has no handshake issue at all. Can start music first and then wake up and starts playing. The Focal Arche is not best amp for the ZMF Caldera but is good enough for 2nd setup for office. The Naim HE has much better bass with Caldera.

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #335 of 362
I purchased an Arche as part of the $1000 off "special" in September 2020. I got it from Moon Audio. I turned it on yesterday and all I get is three red light blinks and then zilch. After reading through this thread I guess I should not be surprised :frowning2:. I might end up having to rack it up as a fairly expensive mistake, but some people have mentioned trying to get their Arche repaired. I saw a mention of Naim, but they appear to be in the UK, and I cannot see sending my Arche to England for a repair (I live in California). Is there anyplace else that might repair it, or at worst, announce that it should Rest In Peace?

Doug Greenberg

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #336 of 362
I purchased an Arche as part of the $1000 off "special" in September 2020. I got it from Moon Audio. I turned it on yesterday and all I get is three red light blinks and then zilch. After reading through this thread I guess I should not be surprised :frowning2:. I might end up having to rack it up as a fairly expensive mistake, but some people have mentioned trying to get their Arche repaired. I saw a mention of Naim, but they appear to be in the UK, and I cannot see sending my Arche to England for a repair (I live in California). Is there anyplace else that might repair it, or at worst, announce that it should Rest In Peace?

Doug Greenberg
The Focal Arche is not a Naim product. It was made buy MicroMega, a French company, in partnership with Focal. But I think Focal would be your contact. Also, have you tried driver update or factory reinstall?

https://www.focal.com/en/technical-...es/headphones-electronics/amplifier-dac/arche

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #337 of 362
In the previous posts in this thread supermj indicated that Naim was willing to support the Arche. I have emailed them to ask about this.
I will try the firmware reinstalls; I don't think I have anything to lose.

Doug Greenberg

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #338 of 362
In the previous posts in this thread supermj indicated that Naim was willing to support the Arche. I have emailed them to ask about this.
I will try the firmware reinstalls; I don't think I have anything to lose.

Doug Greenberg
Got it, I see that post.

Well I guess technically Focal is owned by Naim, so that’s why they’re involved. Naim is actually out of the UK, while Focal is France. But maybe there’s a U.S. contact so don’t have send overseas.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #339 of 362
I actually got a response from Focal North America regarding my possibly moribund Focal Arche amplifier. The customer service guy told me to complete a simple reset sequence to see if that would do the trick, but it did not. I apparently will have to send the unit in to be repaired. I will find out where it is going hopefully soon.

Editing in additional info: Focal sent me an RMA number to send the unit to them in New York for repair under warranty. I can't complain.
The shipping cost will be a fair amount (one of my pet peeves: the high cost of "retail" shipping vs. what big merchants pay). But this sure is cheaper and ultimately easier than getting another headphone amp.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #340 of 362
I actually got a response from Focal North America regarding my possibly moribund Focal Arche amplifier. The customer service guy told me to complete a simple reset sequence to see if that would do the trick, but it did not. I apparently will have to send the unit in to be repaired. I will find out where it is going hopefully soon.

Editing in additional info: Focal sent me an RMA number to send the unit to them in New York for repair under warranty. I can't complain.
The shipping cost will be a fair amount (one of my pet peeves: the high cost of "retail" shipping vs. what big merchants pay). But this sure is cheaper and ultimately easier than getting another headphone amp.
Let us know how you get on. Mine was out of the 2 year warranty of about 6 months, but i used my "consumer rights" that we have in the UK in which electrical goods should last certain amount of time trouble free ( 6 years here ). Naim support were excellent and agreed to repair (but in my case they replaced) the Arche, unlike the shop where i bought it from who tried to get out of the honorship and were being difficult, this was also regarding my Focal Utopia headphones which had to be returned for driver failure for the second time. I wouldn't buy anything from Focal because i have been put off on their reliability, but the sound quality is very good. I have a lot of confidence and the sound of Naim though and have spent thousands of £££'s since the 1980's

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #342 of 362
Hi , do you conect your Phone to the arche with otg and usb b cable ?
My arche show no signal and dont know why ?
Thanks
For lightning apple products I found that I had to use an apple lightning to usb dongle adapter but the one that can also charge at the same time. It has to be connected to power to work. It’s a hassle but worked.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lightning-to-...ocphy=9001395&hvtargid=pla-403917398107&psc=1

On my newer usb C iPad Pro I can just plug right in with a usb C to usb B cable.

Hope that helps.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #344 of 362

Ok, an update to this post from six weeks ago. I sent my Arche to Focal North America in New York, and they were quite generous. The offer was to repair the unit for no charge, on warranty. But instead, they sent me a replacement unit. I think this was excellent service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back