Geshelli j2
Mar 18, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #151 of 169
There was no contact as per my recollection. That position was an easy fit. Yes, duals are needed for all three DIP8 sockets.
Yes, but I only listen to single-ended, so there is no reason for me to upgrade the ones on the XLRs. Now I see the SE also needs a "Dual."

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #153 of 169
How did you get those Dual Pros to fit in the J2S? I just tried to install one for single-ended and found it didn't fit. (Them foolishly realized I had not bought the Dual version, so it wouldn't work anyway.)
You only need to worry about one. The SE and one balanced fit just fine. I used a simple 10mm opamp riser/adapter. Like the ones Burson sells plus one right angle dip8 adapter. I used some special electronic isolation tape to protect everything. Put it next to the Amanero.

Wasn't that hard.

I'm not sure how it didn't fit in SE.. It is advisable to use Dip8 risers if you need to.

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #154 of 169
You only need to worry about one. The SE and one balanced fit just fine. I used a simple 10mm opamp riser/adapter. Like the ones Burson sells plus one right angle dip8 adapter. I used some special electronic isolation tape to protect everything. Put it next to the Amanero.

Wasn't that hard.

I'm not sure how it didn't fit in SE.. It is advisable to use Dip8 risers if you need to.
I used Burson's adapter/extenders

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #155 of 169
Just in case someone is wondering, I did a Chord Qutest to J2S comparison for my car setup.

My setup is as follows:

Current Gen Macbook Pro Running Roon and HQP > Dual Head Solid Silver USB > Audiowise SRC-DX >Kimber D60 > Qutest or 4499EX with Sparkos (on a Chifi LPS) > SW Serenade 3 IC > Tru Technology Billet Class A > SW Soundstage Speaker Wire > Dynaudio Excite 2 way Speakers

Dynamics are close.
Attack and Decay are close.
Transparency is close.
Stage size and image placement is really close, Image focus and stage layering is better on the Qutest but not my much. I didn't spend enough time on ambience.
Tonality is better on the Qutest. With the SS3602 opamps I feel like the highs are a touch extended. I have a Burson V7V on the way for the RCA side.
Realism is better on the Qutest. I feel the 449EX is a touch processed with some digital glare in comparison to the Qutest. We'll see how it is when the V7V come in.

Yes The Qutest is twice the price and the Mojo 2 is closer in price but, Its what I have. I was pleasantly pleased with the J2S. It held its own against the Chord. Some of the differences were minute.

The J2S will now need to be compared to my iFi Micro iDSD Sig to see if it will take over as the DAC for my headphone rig.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #156 of 169
Just in case someone is wondering, I did a Chord Qutest to J2S comparison for my car setup.

My setup is as follows.

Current Gen Macbook Pro Running Roon and HQP > Dual Head Solid Silver USB > Audiowise SRC-DX >Kimber D60 > Qutest or 4499EX with Sparkos (on a Chifi LPS) > SW Serenade 3 IC > Tru Technology Billet Class A > SW Soundstage Speaker Wire > Dynaudio Excite 2 way Speakers

Dynamics are close.
Transparency is close.
Stage size and image placement is really close, Image focus and stage layering is better on the Qutest but not my much. I didn't spend enough time on ambience.
Tonality is better on the Qutest. With the SS3602 opamps I feel like the highs are a touch extended. I have a Burson V7V on the way for the RCA side.
Realism is better on the Qutest. I feel the 449EX is a touch processed with some digital glare in comparison to the Qutest. We'll see how it is when the V7V come in.

Yes The Qutest is twice the price and the Mojo 2 is closer in price but, Its what I have. I was pleasantly pleased with the J2S. It held its own against the Chord. Some of the differences were minute.

The J2S will now need to be compared to my iFi Micro iDSD Sig to see if it will take over as the DAC for my headphone rig.
I sold my Qutest when I got my J2S. I don't like having different versions of things that sound SO close. Qutest is great for sure but I have the Mojo 2 and J2S on my desk and I'm more of an R2R fan for my speakers so the Qutest went bye bye and I spent the money on headphones.

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #157 of 169
I sold my Qutest when I got my J2S. I don't like having different versions of things that sound SO close. Qutest is great for sure but I have the Mojo 2 and J2S on my desk and I'm more of an R2R fan for my speakers so the Qutest went bye bye and I spent the money on headphones.
Yeah I can see how someone could do that. I can't fault you at all. It is really close. I plan on listening to it one more time tonight and then forget about it. LOL

The rebuild started in my car. I am trying to get every possible advantage within reason.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #158 of 169

My setup is as follows:

Dynamics are close.
Transparency is close.

have you got the opportunity to try it with the SS2590 on the single ended out?

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #162 of 169
The SS2590 installed was the icing on the cake that made me let go of the Qutest.
Yeah, I liked it so much that I filled all three sockets and moved my whole speaker rig to fully balanced. . But now, I am waiting on 2 more V7V's as I may sell one from my first pair.... Interested in seeing what the Geshelli sounds like with them.

I dropped the duckets on the Holosound Cyan II and I am looking forward to auditioning this on my speakers.

Might keep the J2-99 and just use it only when I use it SE to the Archel... But, I could be selling. Not too sure.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #164 of 169
Yeah, I liked it so much that I filled all three sockets and moved my whole speaker rig to fully balanced. . But now, I am waiting on 2 more V7V's as I may sell one from my first pair.... Interested in seeing what the Geshelli sounds like with them.

I dropped the duckets on the Holosound Cyan II and I am looking forward to auditioning this on my speakers.

Might keep the J2-99 and just use it only when I use it SE to the Archel... But, I could be selling. Not too sure.
I’m interested to see what hat your thoughts on the V7Vs are. Im a big fan of Burson. I’ve been running the Audio-GD R28NOS as my gaming/movie/digital music preamp for a while and I love it. I’m thinking of getting one of the higher level Burson Conductors to run all my gaming/movie/digital music once the V7Vs come out

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #165 of 169
I’m interested to see what hat your thoughts on the V7Vs are. Im a big fan of Burson. I’ve been running the Audio-GD R28NOS as my gaming/movie/digital music preamp for a while and I love it. I’m thinking of getting one of the higher level Burson Conductors to run all my gaming/movie/digital music once the V7Vs come out
Last year... When I put the V6V in my AUNE X8 XVIII, I did notice this massive soundstage improvement. I also noticed the metallic edge in my upper mids though.. But... The real problem for me was a different piece of gear that was summing my L&R and creating a crosstalk that started a convoluted chain of troubleshooting that did not address the issue before I removed the V6V and put in an SS2590. So I never revisited the Burson. Ready to sell in fact.

V7V's are out...

Once Lachlan at P4S chimed in on the V7V easily besting the SS3602 and also solving all the previous issues, it was a no brainer. Pick them up. Give them a go... I really need both balanced and SE installed because I feed SE direct to the Archel and the balanced to my Preamp. Thus buying two sets of dual... I am. Waiting on the second set because I am not opening the J2 twice.

Patience... I could drop em in now... Yeah, I should.. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back