Good headphones for electronic (IDM) music
Dec 21, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #16 of 17
Pity this thread isn't more attended , IDM is the best music in the world, IMHO, to make a headphone come alive and for a headphone to make the music too.. I'm using iems Sennheiser IE600 and my IDM library sounds crisp, airy, sparkly, separated, and EQd to make it more so it is quite beautiful. Bass , sub bass, etc, put to where I want it. Arovane just now.
I agree, I also really like the IE600 with a little bass eq for electronic music. I sold it for the Legend X and kind of regretted it (missed the air, not the bass 🤖).

I would love to see an active thread discussing the best headfi gear for electronic music...

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 17
The thing with EDM - you want bass but it isn't everything. Great separation, great impact, fast transients, great imaging, energetic sparkle - it's not just about bass and if there is too much of it, messes with the rest of the spectrum and keeping everything clean and crisp with all the detail you want to hear.
I would agree with this. I would also agree regarding Hifiman good for this genre, specifically the HE1000se. It's fabulous with electronic music and does all of the above really well.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the obvious 1266TC.

I recently acquired the Solitaire P and it also does EDM/IDM really well. Not as hot on top like the 1000se which I kinda like because there is no listener fatigue. Very fast and excellent bass depth and texture. I find that a lot of the genre can be mixed hot, so having something like the Sol P to temper the brightness a bit can be very welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back