Grace 901 replacement: Grace m902
Nov 9, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #76 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Hi michael does the balanced inputs of the grace 902 use the inverse signal of the XLR connection??? I was just wondering because I have a balanced cable and wanted to utilise it.

Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand your question. The m902 does have balanced inputs (no balanced outputs). They are female connectors which are wired with pin 2 hot, pin 3 cold and pin 1 ground. Is this what you wanted know?
Michael

Nov 9, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #77 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgrace
Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand your question. The m902 does have balanced inputs (no balanced outputs). They are female connectors which are wired with pin 2 hot, pin 3 cold and pin 1 ground. Is this what you wanted know?
Michael

Yep for your answer I got the answer I needed. Do you produce a european 240v version or is it just 110v???

Nov 9, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #78 of 209
Quote:

Yep for your answer I got the answer I needed. Do you produce a european 240v version or is it just 110v???

The AC line Voltage is switchable on the rear panel AC inlet module. 100-120VAC and 220-240VAC are supported.
Michael

Nov 9, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #79 of 209
Quote:

The AC line Voltage is switchable on the rear panel AC inlet module. 100-120VAC and 220-240VAC are supported.
Michael

Is that true of the grace 901 as well????? I bought a grace 901 but thought I had to use a step down transdormer to use it.

Nov 9, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #80 of 209
Quote:

Is that true of the grace 901 as well????? I bought a grace 901 but thought I had to use a step down transdormer to use it.

Yes, the 901 has switchable input voltage as well. The owners manual contains details on how to change the voltage.

Nov 9, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #81 of 209
Quote:

Yes, the 901 has switchable input voltage as well. The owners manual contains details on how to change the voltage.

Sir Michael Grace you are a star. You have saved me the cost of a step down transformer. Let me know when the 902 is out and I will pull the trigger on it.

Nov 9, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #82 of 209
Quote:

Sir Michael Grace you are a star. You have saved me the cost of a step down transformer. Let me know when the 902 is out and I will pull the trigger on it.

guitarvision.com already has it listed. I'll have to go down and audition.

Nov 9, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #83 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
guitarvision.com already has it listed. I'll have to go down and audition.

errrr errrrrr I meant I will pull the trigger after every one else has!
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #84 of 209
I always used to wonder about those girls who would scream at concerts, or when the Beatles came off the plane. Like really... what got into them?

Now I know.

Damn that is a NICE looking unit.
You're making me re-vamp my plans.
Looking forward to more production details, I see the unit is not listed yet on the website, though various distributors claim to be selling it. Basic information like dimensions and so on would be nice. Gotta make some room you see.

Pardon me while I go and scream some more.
:)

Nov 27, 2004 at 10:15 AM Post #86 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Well?

-Ed

They're not going to carry them in the stores, its a special order only product. Damn them!

Nov 28, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #87 of 209
Looks like killer stuff!
eek.gif

I'm going to ask a question for all: can a dedicated universal DVD player be used in conjunction with the new Grace m902 to output DVD-Video, SA-CD, DVD-Audio, and Red Book CD (along with HDCD or JVC xRCD) through the unbalanced / BNR jacks to the headphone amplifier? I ask this question out of selfish interests and I ask on behalf of those who will snap up universal DVD players this holiday 2004 season and may be in the festive spirits to buy a nice external DAC/headphone amplifier too.

note: I am not such a person...yet.

Nov 28, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #88 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
Looks like killer stuff!
eek.gif

I'm going to ask a question for all: can a dedicated universal DVD player be used in conjunction with the new Grace m902 to output DVD-Video, SA-CD, DVD-Audio, and Red Book CD (along with HDCD or JVC xRCD) through the unbalanced / BNR jacks to the headphone amplifier? I ask this question out of selfish interests and I ask on behalf of those who will snap up universal DVD players this holiday 2004 season and may be in the festive spirits to buy a nice external DAC/headphone amplifier too.

note: I am not such a person...yet.

In theory it should apply to the 901 as well? Shouldn't it?

Nov 28, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #90 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
They're not going to carry them in the stores, its a special order only product. Damn them!

You can always buy one from Headroom. They have 100% satisfaction guarantee. And they're a sponsor of Head-fi.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back