Grado Fan Club!
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #65,536 of 65,624
Some Cocobolo... the RS1x does slowly grow on me I have to say.
Already looking like one happy family, notice the roundness of the faces…you can start a Grado wing in your place.. maybe you should offer to buy the loaner you’ve been listening to.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #65,537 of 65,624
Some Cocobolo... the RS1x does slowly grow on me I have to say.
IMG_4289.jpegIMG_4290.jpegIMG_4291.jpeg

That’s a great collection of wood! 🙂👍

My ears couldn't get used to The White . Too sharp, too bloodless. Maybe he would have needed more time, or maybe it's because I do 't like The Beatles that much.
IMG_2332.JPG

The White needs time. I run mine out of a neutral solid state and there’s no sharpness at all. It’s bright and detailed, yet very musical.

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #65,538 of 65,624
One of my favorite combinations in the moment is Fiio M17 into XDuoo TA20 plus to Grado GS3000 e, all symetric! Good luck, nobody wanted to buy my GS3000E the last months.
Grados seem to be a hard sell here in Austria, yes…

Would love to compare your GS3000e to my x sometimes, maybe at our next meet.

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #65,539 of 65,624
Already looking like one happy family, notice the roundness of the faces…you can start a Grado wing in your place.. maybe you should offer to buy the loaner you’ve been listening to.
Definitely a happy family :)
Interestingly my GS is much darker, but Cocobolo is a very beautiful wood in whatever shade it comes.

I do have a Grado wall btw…
IMG_4253.jpeg

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #65,541 of 65,624
I had The White for testing at home. I gave him 200 hours burn in, but groundtone and bass did not come...
I had mine running for 300+ hours. It does not really change much. At least it did not magically get deep bass or sparkling treble. And i can't confirm 'sharpness' in its sound either.

It's very picky about the songs it likes it seems. It can sound great at times. But it's not an all weather headphone like the GH2 which always delivers no matter the sound source.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #65,542 of 65,624
I had mine running for 300+ hours. It does not really change much. At least it did not magically get deep bass or sparkling treble. And i can't confirm 'sharpness' in its sound either.

It's very picky about the songs it likes it seems. It can sound great at times. But it's not an all weather headphone like the GH2 which always delivers no matter the sound source.
You are spot on! It’s definitely not a one and only headphone. It’s just a very different flavor if you already have your bases covered.

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #65,545 of 65,624
I had The White for testing at home. I gave him 200 hours burn in, but groundtone and bass did not come...
I’m not up to 200 hours yet but I have heard improvements in the upper bass detail and additional impact albeit not mega. Its spacious and airy presentation can be addicting as it does it so well. I also benefit from having a decent number of amps to switch between and I think that it is more sensitive to amp matching, more so than most Grados. I have had good results with my Schiit Lyr, HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2 and Violectric V200, all of which have some nice body to the sound. I think the final and best results will include an amp that compliments the sound of the White. My TEAC HA501 is a chameleon amp for me and also one of my best matches to the PS2000e.

When it checks all the boxes it can be a very entertaining combo and likely unique for you. There were not a lot made so finding a White is getting harder.

Attachments

• IMG_9603.jpeg
    IMG_9603.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9523.jpeg
    IMG_9523.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9515.jpeg
    IMG_9515.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #65,546 of 65,624
I need to let one of my Grados go and was thinking The White, but after listening more I think I might rather part with my PS500e instead. I already have headphones that do similar things, but The White is pretty unique.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #65,547 of 65,624
I need to let one of my Grados go and was thinking The White, but after listening more I think I might rather part with my PS500e instead. I already have headphones that do similar things, but The White is pretty unique.
That’s always a very hard decision to make…
What I’ve read about the White, it would not live long under my roof, but maybe that’s just me :wink:

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #65,548 of 65,624
Grados seem to be a hard sell here in Austria, yes…

Would love to compare your GS3000e to my x sometimes, maybe at our next meet.
If I can come I will take it with me. The problem is, that I work on the weekends and have the rest off. If it'ts raining, I will come!

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #65,549 of 65,624
I’m not up to 200 hours yet but I have heard improvements in the upper bass detail and additional impact albeit not mega. Its spacious and airy presentation can be addicting as it does it so well. I also benefit from having a decent number of amps to switch between and I think that it is more sensitive to amp matching, more so than most Grados. I have had good results with my Schiit Lyr, HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2 and Violectric V200, all of which have some nice body to the sound. I think the final and best results will include an amp that compliments the sound of the White. My TEAC HA501 is a chameleon amp for me and also one of my best matches to the PS2000e.

When it checks all the boxes it can be a very entertaining combo and likely unique for you. There were not a lot made so finding a White is getting harder.
I heard the White with Luxman D380 and a Lavardin ISX Reference. In comparison to my GS1000i it always sounded thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back