Gustard H26 Fully Balanced Class A Headphone Amp
Feb 24, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #91 of 104
Could you do a quick comparo against the S17 Pro?
Since I did not have the S17 Pro at the same time as the H26, its hard to compare from memory, but the slightly denser sound of the S17 Pro was very likeable. And if they make a second revision with all issues resolved, I might try it once more. But for now I am very happy with the H26 that is no slouch either but with wider perceived sound stage.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #94 of 104
Hello all! Just got my H26 the other day and have my R26 as well as my turntable pre-amp hooked up to it via XLR1 and XLR2. I have Grado Hemp and ATH-R70x headphones so far things are sounding great expect it to improve with break-in. Also just ordered a balanced cable for the R70x from Hart Audio can't wait to hear what that sounds like. The H26 replaces a Topping A30 pro and is the first fully balanced headphone amp I have owned. Not using the pre-amp on the H26 so it is disabled.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #101 of 104
Does anyone know which OP-amp comes with it by the factory default?
by default they come with dual LME49720 op-amps (but keep in mind they only affect the pre-amp functionality)

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #104 of 104
Gustard.Stack,E3.jpg
some more impressions of the H26 after some days of use:
  • low/high gain volume difference is not overly high (I just keep in 'high' position for all headphones)
  • has more than enough to drive the HE6SEv2 or DCA E3 with headroom left
  • drives dynamic driver headphones (voltage) aswell as planar (current) very nice
  • very wide sounding (I had the Aune S17 Pro briefly, that was densers sounding but very closed in as a side-effect)
  • two sets of XLR + one RCA input is very convient
  • swapable opamp only affect pre-amp output, so no need to replace them, if you only use the headphone out
  • nice clicky linear R2R volume control
  • gets warm after some hours, but not really hot
Overall I like the H26 still very much (soon my P26 with Sparkos SS2590 is hopefully back in the Gustard stack :))
Hi, have you had the chance to try the H26 as a preamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back