Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Nov 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #751 of 856
Hello I heard that the RE-600 was on sale for Black Friday so I became really excited and ordered.
Sadly I ordered the "Songbird" version instead  of the "S" version with the standard 3.5mm plug and canceled the order once I noticed.

How long till I see the money returned to my PayPal balance?

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #752 of 856
  Hello I heard that the RE-600 was on sale for Black Friday so I became really excited and ordered.
Sadly I ordered the "Songbird" version instead  of the "S" version with the standard 3.5mm plug and canceled the order once I noticed.

How long till I see the money returned to my PayPal balance?

Hi,
Please send an email to our customer service team at customerservice@head-direct.com, and include your order detail information.

They will help you with the refund process. Thanks!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 27, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #753 of 856
The funds were returned by the time I came home from work very fast.

Sadly another problem has appeared, the 600S that I ordered seems to be missing the Comply foam tips that have been said to be included with them. Is this just a packaging mistake or have the tips been discontinued from the 600S?

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #754 of 856
  The funds were returned by the time I came home from work very fast.

Sadly another problem has appeared, the 600S that I ordered seems to be missing the Comply foam tips that have been said to be included with them. Is this just a packaging mistake or have the tips been discontinued from the 600S?

I received my 600S today. Two pairs of Comply tips were included with mine, though I must say their inclusion seemed to be an afterthought. They were in the plastic wrapping, not the leather box itself. Are you certain you didn't overlook them in your eagerness to get to the 600's?

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #756 of 856
  AWWWW YEAHHHH!!!!

Btw, I've got an old production HE-500. I haven't really abused it or used it too much but the paint on my Y-Yoke/Gimbals that are originally black have all but deteriorated. Now it looks a little dumb. What kind of paint do you all recommend me to use for a future repaint job whenever I find the time to do some touch up.

Or does head-direct sell replacement metal yoke's for the HE-500. I hear the newer models have a much better paint finish that doesn't just..  chip off with the wind.

I have a similar issue to the second poster. The paint on one of my gimbals seems to be chipping away or there is some sort of corrosion. I'm not sure what it is but it hasn't been a problem until the other day when I found some flakes from the gimbal on my hand and side of my head. 

I contacted customer service about acquiring a single gimbal but was informed the whole headband has to be purchased and I'm guessing this is going to be expensive. Would something like this be covered under warranty? I would like to obtain the single gimbal if possible and would rather not have to send in my headphones for repair or pay for a new headband. 

I purchased the headphone a few months ago direct. Here are some pictures of the paint chipping

good gimbal

gimbal with paint flaking

Thanks

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #759 of 856
I have one question: if I buy second hand 901 here on headfi will my unit be eligible for upgrading to 901s? I read that there is a possibility to send current 901 for upgrade to s version (although I understand that 901 after the upgrade will not be identical to new 901s, but the upgraded version will have some features of s). I'm wondering though whether only original owner of 901 can opt for the upgrade or any second, third, etc. owner as well.

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #760 of 856
  I have one question: if I buy second hand 901 here on headfi will my unit be eligible for upgrading to 901s? I read that there is a possibility to send current 901 for upgrade to s version (although I understand that 901 after the upgrade will not be identical to new 901s, but the upgraded version will have some features of s). I'm wondering though whether only original owner of 901 can opt for the upgrade or any second, third, etc. owner as well.

The upgrade will start at April. It doesn't matter whether you are the original owner or not.  

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #761 of 856
I'm rather upset that my HE-6 headband broke today...

For the metal to snap right at the gimbal is very disappointing. You can see in the pic that it broke right at the pin.  I always had a bit of trouble with the left side because the metal was very soft and would bend and never stay adjusted properly, so I guess it finally gave away. Something made of good quality metal should not have broken that easily though, not with the very small amount of stresses that a headband undergoes.

How can I go about getting a replacement?

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #762 of 856
  I'm rather upset that my HE-6 headband broke today...

For the metal to snap right at the gimbal is very disappointing. You can see in the pic that it broke right at the pin.  I always had a bit of trouble with the left side because the metal was very soft and would bend and never stay adjusted properly, so I guess it finally gave away. Something made of good quality metal should not have broken that easily though, not with the very small amount of stresses that a headband undergoes.

How can I go about getting a replacement?

please contact customerservice@hifiman.com, and they will take care of your issue

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #763 of 856
Are there any chances of another dynamic driver headphone from your guys in the future, or was the HE-300 just the one time deal?

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #765 of 856
Hi there,

This isn't a direct issue with any product in particular. I was shipping a pair of my RE-600's back to China. They were part of an upgrade to a pair of HE-4 headphones, with me paying the difference (USD 450 -199). The package was returned by China customs and their form stated "received damaged/wet due to insufficient packing".

The IEMs along with a few tips and the cable winder were taken by the good folks at China customs and the box was returned. Here are some pictures, the box was clearly opened so the leather case could be pulled out, no wet patches on the outer box or damages to the case otherwise. Its the same packaging I received it in

Do you think there's anything that can be done? I know its quite hopeless to get anything done with customs across Asia, I've experienced it before but with cheaper items. The tracking number is RC634223944SG if it helps.

I take it that I just have to write these off as a distasteful incident. Can I go ahead and contact your customer service and pay the 199 that the RE-600s are worth and have them ship the HE4s out?

iNSf09D.jpg

03VkapG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back