Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Jan 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #811 of 856
My experience with Amy at Hifiman customer service has been exceptional. They have helped me as much as a company can possibly help with my HE-1000 and HE-6, going out of their way to solve problems and assist me. I have no qualms in recommending or dealing with their customer service. I for one would love it if all companies treated me like Hifiman does. Just saw this thread so I felt the need to mention my experience with them. I have not yet run into warranty issues, so I'm not sure how those are dealt with. 

Zaven

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #812 of 856
I agree..although i am not active on this thread..as i only would post on it if i had a question or problem..well..i have been using hifiman products for years (reason for my name here)..from lower end he300 to the most musical headphone i ever heard..the code-x, which is a uniquely modified original (Nos) HE5...never ever i had any problems with them with daily use except for clips getting loose once in a year or so...if u treat them well they last a long time..even my old sold stuff is still doing well i understand from the new owners....never ever needed warranty..but the distributors i buy their stuff from in europe have an excellent customer service if u have questions...just wanted to state this..

Didnt try the he1000 yet...so dont know the quality of that.. :blush:

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #815 of 856
Hi

The connector on my HE-560 cable broke. I've been trying to fix it and cannot. See attached photo.

Is there any way I can fix this? Am I missing a piece? I fear that a piece went missing when the connector broke. As it is now, I can slip the detached piece over the metal lip at the end of the cable, but it's not very secure. When I screw the connector back onto the headphone, the cable comes detached again rather quickly.

Is there a fix, or do I need a new cable?

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #816 of 856
We've been told by massdrop that there is a delay on both the HE-350 headphones and the RE-00 IEMs due to delays from parts suppliers. What parts specifically are delayed that would be used for both of these different types of headphones?

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #817 of 856
Hi there,

I live in Japan and just bought some HE-1000 headphones second hand on Yahoo auction, I paid a lot of money for them. The seller was dishonest, he said they were in as new condition. The left metal headband adjuster doesn't stay in position it slips past all the holes. Also the leather headband is very worn.

Can I buy the parts and replace them myself? I don't speak Japanese and live in a small town so getting service is all but impossible. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I also own your He-400i and HE-560, both of which I enjoy but the
HE-1000 is in a whole other level.

Thank you.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #818 of 856
Hi there,

I live in Japan and just bought some HE-1000 headphones second hand on Yahoo auction, I paid a lot of money for them. The seller was dishonest, he said they were in as new condition. The left metal headband adjuster doesn't stay in position it slips past all the holes. Also the leather headband is very worn.

Can I buy the parts and replace them myself? I don't speak Japanese and live in a small town so getting service is all but impossible. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I also own your He-400i and HE-560, both of which I enjoy but the
HE-1000 is in a whole other level.

Thank you.

Thank you for your great support in HIFIMAN,
We think that we need to pay the repairing fee for your HE1000 since it is a second-hand.
Please contact with our customer service, customerservice@hifiman.com.
Our colleague will help you.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 21, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #819 of 856
We've been told by massdrop that there is a delay on both the HE-350 headphones and the RE-00 IEMs due to delays from parts suppliers. What parts specifically are delayed that would be used for both of these different types of headphones?

We feel sorry that we don't know the specific reason for the delay.
You still need to contact with Massdrop directly, since they are in charge of the sales of these two products.
Thank you for your great support in HIFIMAN

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #820 of 856
  Hi

The connector on my HE-560 cable broke. I've been trying to fix it and cannot. See attached photo.

Is there any way I can fix this? Am I missing a piece? I fear that a piece went missing when the connector broke. As it is now, I can slip the detached piece over the metal lip at the end of the cable, but it's not very secure. When I screw the connector back onto the headphone, the cable comes detached again rather quickly.

Is there a fix, or do I need a new cable?

Thanks!

We think that we have to buy a new cable....
It is difficult to repair. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #821 of 856
Thank you for your great support in HIFIMAN,
We think that we need to pay the repairing fee for your HE1000 since it is a second-hand.
Please contact with our customer service, customerservice@hifiman.com.
Our colleague will help you.

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.

I got a reply from Amy, she advised that it would cost $50 USD to repair which I understand as they are second hand goods and as such out of warranty. I paid by PayPal as per her instructions.

Lesson learnt, not everyone who sells on Yahoo auction is honest.

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #822 of 856
Hello .

i would like to buy one of the 3 re-272 extension cables , since the one i had broke down

i need the TRRS > TRRS cable (grey one) , as i am using a balanced source/dap

what is the procedure/ who should i email in order to learn the amount of the cable+shipping ?

hoping someday you bring re272 back , at one point i had THREE pairs of them lying around in my house 
tongue.gif

only uiem i have kept , as a backup to my (1200$) nt6 ciem 

great, great ueim

cheers

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #823 of 856
  Hello .

i would like to buy one of the 3 re-272 extension cables , since the one i had broke down

i need the TRRS > TRRS cable (grey one) , as i am using a balanced source/dap

what is the procedure/ who should i email in order to learn the amount of the cable+shipping ?

hoping someday you bring re272 back , at one point i had THREE pairs of them lying around in my house 
tongue.gif

only uiem i have kept , as a backup to my (1200$) nt6 ciem 

great, great ueim

cheers

Hi, thank you for your information.
Could you send your request to our customer service email address 
customerservice@hifiman.com

My colleague will help you. Besides, I have to tell you that Re272 has been discontinued for a long time. 
You only need the cable, right?
Maybe we have it. I will tell my colleague to find the cable in our stock.
If you have any questions, feel free to tell us.

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #824 of 856
  Hi, thank you for your information.
Could you send your request to our customer service email address 
customerservice@hifiman.com

My colleague will help you. Besides, I have to tell you that Re272 has been discontinued for a long time. 
You only need the cable, right?
Maybe we have it. I will tell my colleague to find the cable in our stock.
If you have any questions, feel free to tell us.

yeah just the TRRS> TRRS cable (although i may buy also the TRRS > TRS cable if available , as a back up cable)

email sent , hopefully customer service will take it from there

thanx for the help, keep up the good work  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back