Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Dec 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #827 of 856
Not sure where to post this, but I want to share some painfull experience with Hifiman Chinese rep.
Earlier this year I bought mini mp3 player with re400 balanced from Hifiman China, but it was defective. Then both items were shipped to U.S. for inspection. Later they agreed to send replacements and I asked to declare low value and ship it by regular post, because I would have to pay about 70eur customs and fees to DHL reps for the second time. Hifiman didn't listen and declared taxable amount in Europe for DHL. I couldn' t afford to pay customs and taxes again so I asked custom oficers to return goods to sender. Shortly after Hifiman representative from China insisted I have to pay about 100usd for shipping back the goods and then he will ship the player again! That was too much for me and I asked him to keep this brand new player and earphones for selling to other customers since he didn't want to refund not a fraction of my money.

Update: Hifiman resolved my issues better than I hoped for. Very happy.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #828 of 856
Not sure where to post this, but I want to share some painfull experience with Hifiman Chinese rep.
Earlier this year I bought mini mp3 player with re400 balanced from Hifiman China, but it was defective. Then both items were shipped to U.S. for inspection. Later they agreed to send replacements and I asked to declare low value and ship it by regular post, because I would have to pay about 70eur customs and fees to DHL reps for the second time. Hifiman didn't listen and declared taxable amount in Europe for DHL. I couldn' t afford to pay customs and taxes again so I asked custom oficers to return goods to sender. Shortly after Hifiman representative from China insisted I have to pay about 100usd for shipping back the goods and then he will ship the player again! That was too much for me and I asked him to keep this brand new player and earphones for selling to other customers since he didn't want to refund not a fraction of my money.

hi there just to update and say were in contact and I'd like to think getting things sorted :)

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 7, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #829 of 856
Hi may i ask here, how to differentiate between iem RE-600S and RE-600S V2?
I bought RE-600S V2 from Amazon but only saw model number RE-600S without "V2", is this expected? or i'm cheated?
Appreciate your advice, thanks.

May 23, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #833 of 856
So after than 10days ago the right driver of my he1000v2 stops to sound, I received instruction for shipping back and rma number (still not updated from hifiman website)
According to the instruction:
I prepared an anonymous box, inside just the headphone in the bubble wrap and a note stating I need a he1000 v2 replacement; my name, phone number, email address, address the replacement should be sent to, the issue with the product and the RMA number

I also wrote the rma number out from the box

I didn t put the card with the serial number, the cables and the manual, and of course the box

can you please confirm that is ok without cables and card with the serial number?
Thanks
DM

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #835 of 856
Hi All,
Reading the thread, I get the feeling that it would be best to opt for extended care/warranty for HiFi Man products (especially the planar headphones as the failure rate is probably higher compared to dynamic headphones?)
I have the option to buy HE-560 from Walmart at a great price. However, I'm not from US, and will get it to my country via a friend. Walmart is offering a 4-year care plan for these. Anyone having experience with Walmart care plans? Even if I get them, I would need to ship them to US, which is going to be a hassle, but still better than no warranty? (after the 1 year)

Your inputs and suggestions would be helpful

Jun 10, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #836 of 856
Hi All,
Reading the thread, I get the feeling that it would be best to opt for extended care/warranty for HiFi Man products (especially the planar headphones as the failure rate is probably higher compared to dynamic headphones?)
I have the option to buy HE-560 from Walmart at a great price. However, I'm not from US, and will get it to my country via a friend. Walmart is offering a 4-year care plan for these. Anyone having experience with Walmart care plans? Even if I get them, I would need to ship them to US, which is going to be a hassle, but still better than no warranty? (after the 1 year)

It will be cheaper for you to send the phones to China and get them fixed for a fee than to pay shipping and deal with walmart from another country.

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #837 of 856
Hi All,

Yea I believe WalMart sells it's insurance with Assurant or Assurion, I got one of those care packages for an amp of mine on Amazon. My warranty stated either a hardware replacement [which is doubt they can do] or a full refund of the purchase price in the even that it fails. I'd see which option you have offered. If it's the replacement... they'll send you a refurbished model which may not be ideal... an working with them while not being in the US would also be more problematic.

Also, I have an HM 601 that died on me, the display works but I have no sound output from either the Line or Headphone out? What is the repair cost and time, if I'm able to send it in for repairs. Also, does having it rockBoxed void any kind of repair? I don't expect it to be "free" but I'd like to keep teh software I have on it, and just get it working again

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #838 of 856
Yea I believe WalMart sells it's insurance with Assurant or Assurion, I got one of those care packages for an amp of mine on Amazon. My warranty stated either a hardware replacement [which is doubt they can do] or a full refund of the purchase price in the even that it fails. I'd see which option you have offered. If it's the replacement... they'll send you a refurbished model which may not be ideal... an working with them while not being in the US would also be more problematic.

Also, I have an HM 601 that died on me, the display works but I have no sound output from either the Line or Headphone out? What is the repair cost and time, if I'm able to send it in for repairs. Also, does having it rockBoxed void any kind of repair? I don't expect it to be "free" but I'd like to keep teh software I have on it, and just get it working again

Thanks for your reply. The care plan states the same for me as well (repair/replacement , refund otherwise). I'm ok with refurbished as long as it works well, without any issues. But, I really wanted to know how trustworthy these care plans are w.r.t headphones. Based on what you are saying, that shouldn't be an issue. However, the shipping and later return could pose a problem.

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #839 of 856
You'd honestly be better off buying a warranty from Hifiman, I don't know if they still offer it, But the offered me a chance to purchase an extended warranty for my Used HM 801 a few years back

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #840 of 856
An update

I took the back plate of my HM 601 off, nothing looked or smelt funny. I made a weak ATTEMPT to get the battery out... that wasn't going to work. So I quit, but I popped my SD Card out and flipped my gain switch, and when I turned it back on... worked! From 0 to 100% :/ like nothing ever happened. Interestingly enough, my hm801 did that once. I also tore it apart as best I could... and when I resembled it... it was working again and I never had an issue with it again

So... I guess a thumbs up to Hifiman! Their classic players seem to age well... not without some hickups but said hickups don't seem too hard to resolve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back