= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 9, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #2,192 of 21,171
My preorder arrive a couple days ago and so far I have nothing to complain about. Huge improvement on the earpads as both the old leather and velour pads were very hard and uncomfortable. Headband comfort also improved, I always liked this style (kinda like Stax) more.

To be honest I did not even pay too much attention to the box as I put it away really fast and the headphones are either sitting on my head or the headphone stand. 

Sound wise I cannot make out too big differences in terms of bass and mids between the HE560 and the HE500 but then again it has been sometime since I've heard the HE500. Same thing with soundstage. The striking thing to me was the treble extension and sparkle, which really amazed me. Imo the main strength of the HE560. Overall one of the best headphones in terms of tonal balance that I've listened so far.

May 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2,194 of 21,171

Hi cute,

I am following your posts and I hope I can help you. We apologize that the box you got is not as clean and we will fix this issue ASAP.  The mixed velour and leather design on earpad improve sound quality a lot. However this mixed structure is complicated and can not be mass produced from manufacture line. The holes on the bottom of the packing box is to balance air pressure on both side of the nano-meter grade thickness diaphragm. Listening to a pair of headphones and enjoying music should be full of fun. If HE560 made you feel so uncomfortable, why not return for full refund? We will be happy to help you. If you decide to do so, please email your order info to my email fang@hifiman.com.

Best,
Fang

Great advice and great customer service to date on these, thank you.  Question -- in order to squelch rumors before they begin, the HE560 is no longer available from hifiman.com, could you comment as to why?  Thanks.

May 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #2,195 of 21,171
We never  intend to use anybody as a beta tester. Actually thousands of HE560 drivers, headband, packing box have been waiting for final assembling for weeks, and I wish to ship the product ASAP. I decide to delay and make some improvement after we got feedback from preorder customers and reviewers. HE560 headphones have to be the milestone product so that I will do my best to make the product perfect. That is the only reason we stopped preorder, and do trouble-shooting according the feedback from preorder customers/reviewers. We will confirm the shipping date on next week, but I promise we will not let you guys wait for a long time. After we fixed issues, we will ship the final headphones to all preorder customers before you ship the preorder headphone back. I will also provide $100 head-direct gift card for preorder customers to appreciate your feedback, support, and help.

Yes cute. Please return your headphones. Someone else can enjoy them.

We will not sell the returned headphones to anyone else.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #2,199 of 21,171
^^ Now this is what customer service is about. 

beerchug.gif

May 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #2,200 of 21,171
I had to ship mine back too. Looking forward to the improved version.

Great service! (Even though there shouldn't have been any problems to begin with. but no one is perfect)

May 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #2,201 of 21,171
I had to ship mine back too. Looking forward to the improved version.

Great service! (Even though there shouldn't have been any problems to begin with. but no one is perfect)

I saw you complained about mid range of your HE560 headphones. Could you please let me know about your headphone amp? The midrange and vocal of HE560 should not be cold.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #2,202 of 21,171
We will not sell the returned headphones to anyone else.

Can I please ask you to look at this thread and respond. Sorry if I sound intrusive but I'd really like to know if there is a possibility in the future. Its 1AM and I am sleepy. Thank you.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716990/he-560-he-400i-loaner

May 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #2,203 of 21,171
Can I please ask you to look at this thread and respond. Sorry if I sound intrusive but I'd really like to know if there is a possibility in the future. Its 1AM and I am sleepy. Thank you.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716990/he-560-he-400i-loaner

Sure we will do so after the product officially released.

May 9, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #2,205 of 21,171
build quality feedback.

I think the stock pads are great and one of the most comfy I've worn. a more evenly matched or mirrored look would be nice but I understand that's hard since these are very custom unlike other single material pads. not a big deal.

the cups have various imperfections but very minor and only noticeable when looking for em.

the yokes leaving scratches/scuffs is my only issue. a little bit more clearance would be nice so no wear would be made to the wood cups.

everything else seems up to par IMO.

I think the he-560 being so light can give off a "cheap" vibe to some people but these very minor issues aside, I like em a lot. I would say better than average (build wise).

it'll be interesting once my pm-1 gets here tomorrow though. those seem top of the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back