Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #721 of 806
Off topic I know, but I wonder if a Red 2 is in the planning?

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #724 of 806
Unlike some other companies that has to push production schedule and come up with a new dac model every other months, Holo audio does not push a new revision on a product out unless there is a need for major improvements. The red is totally fine as currently is

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #725 of 806
Off topic I know, but I wonder if a Red 2 is in the planning?
Building a pi streamer is solderless, is easy to achieve the same feature set, and can potentially produce a better quality sound. Actually, you can probably save money by only including features you need. BUT, the big benefit is that you can upgrade it yourself easily as you go along without waiting for new revisions.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #726 of 806
I only use my spring 3 KTE as a USB device to my PC. I use HQplayer for software upsampling. I have my spring 3 kte tucked away in a corner and i never look at it or touch. Opinion question: Should is sell the spring 3 kte and buy a Cyan 2?

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #727 of 806
I only use my spring 3 KTE as a USB device to my PC. I use HQplayer for software upsampling. I have my spring 3 kte tucked away in a corner and i never look at it or touch. Opinion question: Should is sell the spring 3 kte and buy a Cyan 2?
My opinion - The Spring 3 KTE is too beautiful of a device to be tucked away in a corner and not being looked at!!!

Cheers

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #728 of 806
My opinion - The Spring 3 KTE is too beautiful of a device to be tucked away in a corner and not being looked at!!!

Cheers
I agree. It's sad. No room on the desk though. :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #729 of 806

Net, net on this forum is that the Spring3 is better than the Cyan2. Now whether that's worth 2.5x the price of the Cyan2 is a personal decision.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #731 of 806
Ready now!

Attachments

• bypass.jpg
    bypass.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #732 of 806
I'm curious if there will be a partner amplifier for the Cyan 2 DAC in the works for Holo sometime in the future? I would be alot more keen to have a full system.
I asked that question Magna hifi and they answered that they were not aware of any such plans (so will not happen this year) but they will forward my question to Holo Audio. So all please do the same and maybe one day.... :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #733 of 806
Hey Bunn3y!

In December I have asked Tim at Kitsune. He told me there was no plans for an Azure 2 or other equivalent compact Holo Audio amplifier planned, unfortunately.
So we need to produce some market pressure. :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #735 of 806
I just thought, I leave a note here about the digital inputs: optical, coax and USB. USB is far superior to the other two. Optical is my least favourite, it is a bit 'pale' in comparison. Coax has more body and sound more pleasant than optical, but USB leaves both in the dust with its ultimate clarity, detail and fine dynamics. I presume, it probably has to do something with system noise from my streamer that creeps through coax. I read, Holo is proud at this galvanic USB implementation, and rightly so. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back