HOW TO REPAIR YOUR DENON D-2000, D-5000, and D-7000 HEADPHONES - If Your Cup Has Fallen Off The Gimbal
May 7, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #106 of 109
Hello everyone !

I actually created my profile today in order to give you an update on how to possibly solve this issue that sill persists in 2020 !
If some of you still experience the same problem with screws braking/cups detaching from the top structure and if you can't find any reseller that still has this special "BISS2 screw", you might be interesting in reading the solution I tried today and that ended up working pretty good. It mostly could help those of you working in metrics and living in Europe, I'd say. So basically, what you need to buy (per cup) is :

1x M3x 20mm Flathead Screw
1x M3 Security Nut
2x M3 Washers (metal or plastic)

You will have to dismantle the first part of the cup in order to get the 20mm screw through the hole. It is important to buy flathead screws, otherwise it won't work ! You then add a washer/top headphone structure/washer and finally the security nut.

Hope this will help anyone still looking for a solution :wink:
Cheers !

ZQozDxf.jpg

Thanks for that! I had stopped using my D-7000 (actually known as LA-7000 since modified by Lawson Audio) due to the fear that someday they will fall apart.

Can you suggest an online source for these parts, so I can have them on hand like the other smart people who stocked up on genuine Denon spares while they were still available?

May 8, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #107 of 109
Thanks for that! I had stopped using my D-7000 (actually known as LA-7000 since modified by Lawson Audio) due to the fear that someday they will fall apart.

Can you suggest an online source for these parts, so I can have them on hand like the other smart people who stocked up on genuine Denon spares while they were still available?

Zipties.

May 8, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #108 of 109

You're welcome !

In Switzerland you can find these parts at any DIY store (Jumbo, Brico+Loisirs, Bau+Hobby, Obi, Hornbach, ..). The only thing you have to be careful when ordering are the dimensions. M3 fits pretty good, but I haven't tried with others to be honest. Hope this helps !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back