iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Mar 23, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #871 of 1,199
Good evening.

Has anyone been able to play DSD256 files natively? For me it wouldn't work in any scenario, i.e. connected to my iphone, or laptop, mac, via roon or file direct on the phone.

It will always get downsampled to 352/384 and the DSD256 led never glows. DSD64 files play fine natively.

Does anyone have a chance to test it with your own unit? I am running the latest 2.2a firmware.

Mine works.
I use UAPP, with setting ‘no DSD conversion’.
(i.e. native DSD playing).

26BEC79E-C97B-412B-B52D-72FB1E548F9E.jpeg

A545823A-D2C6-4E1D-BED7-601926FBE693.jpeg

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #872 of 1,199
Ok, I'm beginning to be fed up... Ordered the DDhifi MFi09S, got it today, and.......same behaviour, the go bar light up, I play music, it light off. I turn volume to zero, I play music, it work, I raise volume, it light off......
This cable is suppose to work. I can send it back, that's no problem, but.. this one is reported to work :frowning2:
@iFi audio I'm running in circles:frowning2:

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #873 of 1,199
Ok, I'm beginning to be fed up... Ordered the DDhifi MFi09S, got it today, and.......same behaviour, the go bar light up, I play music, it light off. I turn volume to zero, I play music, it work, I raise volume, it light off......
This cable is suppose to work. I can send it back, that's no problem, but.. this one is reported to work :frowning2:
If I am not mistaken, there was an user that already reported that this cable does not work and none of the DDhifi cables worked.

I am also looking for a third party replacement cable for my go bar. The other day I received the Hiby lightning cable and sadly, it also does not work with the go bar...

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #874 of 1,199
a cable that im currently using is this
https://www.linsoul.com/products/audirect-t-1
works fine with my iphone 14 pro so much so i bought a second one. Pleasse note the same cable does not work with my iphone 7. Gold Bar ftw;

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #876 of 1,199
I have ordered a Fio cable, it's cheap at least... too bad I can't have a ifi cable. But it's been more than a month now that I can't get my music with my while on the train, and it's getting on my nerves, sorry if I seems to rant a lot:frowning2:
Did you buy the LT-LT1? I bought this Fiio cable model from Aliexpress and still in transit. I am crossing my fingers and I hope this will work (as some users reported that it does).

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #877 of 1,199
Did you buy the LT-LT1? I bought this Fiio cable model from Aliexpress and still in transit. I am crossing my fingers and I hope this will work (as some users reported that it does).
Nope, the LT LT4 x 1, it was on stock on son video.com in France, where I leave. The LT LT1 was with a 15 days delay, and frankly speaking, I can't wait that long.

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #879 of 1,199
I have been playing a little bit with the different iFi Go Bar firmwares and the cables I have, and so far these is what I found:
  • Platform: iPhone 14 Pro Max
1.701.70a2.202.20a
DDhifi MFI06 cableturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedno lightsturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedno lights
HiBy Lightning cableturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedworks fineturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedworks fine

Some users reported that 1.7a (AKA 1.70a) and MFI06S works fine (post #241), but I suspect that it is also platform dependent. In my case, I did not manage to make it work with an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

The HiBy cable I am using is this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002098869640.html, not as high quality as the ddhifi one, but it is way more flexible than the iFi OG one. Photo of my setup with the HiBy cable:

1680083661121.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #880 of 1,199
I have been playing a little bit with the different iFi Go Bar firmwares and the cables I have, and so far these is what I found:
1.701.70a2.202.20a
DDhifi MFI06 cableno lightsturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedno lightsturns on but it reboots as soon as music is played
HiBy Lightning cableturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedworks fineturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedworks fine

Some users reported that 1.7a (AKA 1.70a) and MFI06S works fine (post #241), but I suspect that it is also platform dependent. In my case, I did not manage to make it work with an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

The HiBy cable I am using is this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002098869640.html, not as high quality as the ddhifi one, but it is way more flexible than the iFi OG one.
The Fioo cable was dropped at my house today, I'm going to test it as soon as I'm home.
I'm still with the base firmware that was in the go bar when I got it 2 months ago, I bet it's 1.70 but I'll check. Thanks a lot for your feedback though, it's precious.
Wonder how important is the power delivery coming from the lighting port, between my iphone 11 pro Max and your 14 pro max, if any.

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #881 of 1,199
14 Pro Max is still lightning?
Guess Apple is changing it to USB-C with the next gen IPhone.
What I hear is a difference in sound reproduction using lightning IPhone or USB-C IPad / Android / Mac with USB-C being clearer, more dynamic and upfront and lightning being warmer and more lush.
That's a phenomen which I observed too with L&P W2 and guess it's related to the different port configurations and voltages.
Depending on IEM synergy either variant can be better

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #882 of 1,199
1.701.70a2.202.20a
DDhifi MFI06 cableturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedno lightsturns on but it reboots as soon as music is playedno lights

The HiBy cable I am using is this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002098869640.html, not as high quality as the ddhifi one, but it is way more flexible than the iFi OG one. Photo of my setup with the HiBy cable:

1680083661121.jpeg

Is that a MagSafe accessory that's holding the the Gobar? Which one, if so looks like a great solution.

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #883 of 1,199
Is that a MagSafe accessory that's holding the the Gobar? Which one, if so looks like a great solution.
Yes! It is a magsafe silicone wallet accessory. It took me sometime to stretch the silicone (I had to put a lot of cards and/or leave the Go Bar inside the wallet for many days in a row.

I bought this from Amazon. My guess is that any silicone magsafe wallet could work, but this specific model has the exact same size as the Go Bar height.

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #884 of 1,199
Yes! It is a magsafe silicone wallet accessory. It took me sometime to stretch the silicone (I had to put a lot of cards and/or leave the Go Bar inside the wallet for many days in a row.

I bought this from Amazon. My guess is that any silicone magsafe wallet could work, but this specific model has the exact same size as the Go Bar height.
Cool, thanks - what a great idea.

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #885 of 1,199
Ok, done some more test now that the firmware is updated to 2.2a.
DDhifi MFI09 : turns on but it reboots as soon as music is played , both 1.70 and 2.2a behaves the same
OEAUDIO OEOTG : turns on but it reboots as soon as music is played, don't work with 1.70, works fine with 2.2a
Fioo LT LT4 , works fine with 1.70 and 2.2a

Weird enough.... could be my ears, but the LT LT4 is brighter than the OEOTG. To a point where for me, it's a no go. I haven't tested it for hours, but on the three songs I tend to use :
Vamala - 3000 miles
In Mourning - Colossus
Soen - Deceiver

cymbals were way to bright, and the whole color of sound was toward brightness, so the LT LT4 for me will return to son video..com, and I'll keep the OEOTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back