iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature and Pro iCAN Signature - The Pro range just got better!
Jul 22, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #631 of 862
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #632 of 862
I love my Pro iDSD Signature, but want to try out a pair of 396A tubes. How does one open the unit up. I've seen on youtube someone opening a Pro Ican by taking off all back screws and taking off the front knobs. Is that required to open up. Taking out the four long screws located at the top & bottom of the back does not seem to free the cover. I can affirm that, at least swaping 5670 for 396a in a glow tube amp one makes for a more delicious warm sound. So how to open up a iFi Pro???

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #633 of 862
A question: Which is the best dac-amplifier-combo? This one, the Burson Conductor (three different strong ones) or the Violectric 590? Is there a winner or is it difficult to say which of them is the best?

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #634 of 862
A question: Which is the best dac-amplifier-combo? This one, the Burson Conductor (three different strong ones) or the Violectric 590? Is there a winner or is it difficult to say which of them is the best?
If you only want one box and got enough budget, I would say v590 is the best. Most versatile imo.

If you want streaming ability, tube sound flavour sometimes, and don't have very hard to drive headphones, I think iDSD may be the winner.

Burson Conductor can be the best price, sounds really good and allows you to swap opamps, but it also has its cons, like no RCA output, weird digital volume control, background noise on sensitive IEMs etc.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #635 of 862
Which apps are available to use the streamer? Which services are available? I´m specially interested in Qobuz and Tidal. Is the user interface Ok?

Is there a way to stream YouTube videos´ audio through wifi? Or only via a USB cable?

Thanks.

Qobuz and Tidal are both supported.

Currently, at this time, YouTube is not.

Hey guys, just posted my review up on the product page here. Its also up on my blog if you would like an easier to read version.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-pro-idsd-signature.25465/reviews

https://headphonesnstuff.blog/2022/07/23/ifi-pro-idsd-signature-full-review/

Thanks!

If you only want one box and got enough budget, I would say v590 is the best. Most versatile imo.

If you want streaming ability, tube sound flavour sometimes, and don't have very hard to drive headphones, I think iDSD may be the winner.

Burson Conductor can be the best price, sounds really good and allows you to swap opamps, but it also has its cons, like no RCA output, weird digital volume control, background noise on sensitive IEMs etc.

Nice summation!

Aug 2, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #637 of 862
Thanks, Sebastien.

Which app should I use for Android? I read about Muzo Player in the manual but I can´t find it available in Play Store.

The app was renamed a bit ago. It’s called WiiM player now!

Aug 3, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #638 of 862
Have had a Burson Conductor Reference & a Soloist/composer & Playmate 2. The iFi Pro iDSD is so much more 3D & so so so so much sweeter, esp in tube modes. Do like the Soloist, but those ES9038 DACs make music boring in comparison to the iDSD (or to a Denafrips Pontus). The headphone through the Burson Funk is nice too. I've not heard the lesser iFi DAC or amps, but sure love the iFi pro iDSD & iCAN...love the music through them.

Aug 6, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #639 of 862
I almost wrote off the ican pro sig because I've been using the 4.4m pentaconn port on it and had no idea it was limited in power vs. the XLR out. I figured I'd try an XLR adapter and was pleasantly surprised to finally get the performance I expected out of it. There really should be some marking on the pentaconn port that indicates it's got IEMatch built-in and shouldn't be used for full sized headphones. I browsed through the manual and saw no indication of that either. Had to dig through the threads to find a post by Ifi mentioning this small little detail.

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #640 of 862
I almost wrote off the ican pro sig because I've been using the 4.4m pentaconn port on it and had no idea it was limited in power vs. the XLR out.
You can use the gain switch to add back 18dB to the pentaconn port (well, to all ports). But yeah, the XLR is the way to go with power hungry headphones.

Aug 7, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #641 of 862
Really love the sound on my He1000v1 with the pro idsd on tube mode then the pro ican signature on SS mode with X bass on second level setting.

Amazing stack! :)

BTW, those who are looking to make sound fuller, more detailed but smoother should look at IFI's AC Purifier.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #642 of 862
Dear all ,
i'm interested in the iCan Pro signature. can anyone advice me or perhaps iFi representative let me if know the problem exist during switching from Tube+ mode back to SS mode had been resolved? is the iCan signature currently selling in the market free from this defect?
Thank you for kind replies.
-phil

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #643 of 862
Dear all ,
i'm interested in the iCan Pro signature. can anyone advice me or perhaps iFi representative let me if know the problem exist during switching from Tube+ mode back to SS mode had been resolved? is the iCan signature currently selling in the market free from this defect?
Thank you for kind replies.
-phil
What defect are you referring to?

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #645 of 862
Quite happy with the Signature and it drives the Susvara beautifully. In fact after trying numerous speaker amps and highly regarded headphone amps, this is the best I have heard the Susvara.
On 0db gain and 12 is loud enough for me; also not using x bass or 3D…but I use the tube option.
Bass has almost Abyss head rattling qualities(depending on song) which is an indicator that Susvara is driven adequately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back