iMod Vcap dock & PORTABLE Vcap Dock - Info and Talk Soup
May 24, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #317 of 328
I have test :
Mundorf Mcap Supreme Gold/Silver

with my Imod, and they need less burn in time to be greater and clearer than the original Vcaps.

May 24, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #318 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the PVCAP still available to purchase? Unfortunately, I can't find it on the ALO site anymore...

Using the site's search box (bottom left), and using keyword "cap," this is what came up:

Audio Line Out

Audio Line Out

Audio Line Out

May 24, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #319 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the PVCAP still available to purchase? Unfortunately, I can't find it on the ALO site anymore...

They are here

I do not have them "in stock" but build them when someone emails me for one. Trying to keep em in stock but spread too thin.
frown.gif

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 25, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #322 of 328
all depends of the impedance imput of your amp.
500K 0.1uF
250K 0.22uF
100K 0.47uF
50K 1uF
10K 4.7uF

source ecp.

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #323 of 328
Does anyone have a comparison of the OI v-caps vs. the Teflon ones. Seems like there should be someone out there with atleast the one or the other byitself anyway since this thread is a few years old. I want to take the plunge and get the Teflon caps maybe even 2 caps per side if it will be worth it but that's alot of money to do trial and error.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #324 of 328
i have had standard oimps and i have had a teflon vcap also, the teflon out-performs the standard caps, but lets be honest this is all at a very low level, if money is no object get teflon, if it is an object be happy with standard vcaps

this is all some years back now that i owned all that jazz.

so hard to put a finer point on it all, except to say i was very happy with my teflon vcap, its performance with a supermacro 3 and an imod was tremendous

however, i have now got an order in for the hifiman to see how that can compare....you might want to think about that and also the amp3, which i own, some are claiming it to be an equal to all these expensive vcap setups, and its dirt cheap in comparison, me....i am not convinced yet and will need some more time on it to conclude.

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #326 of 328
apologies, i was concious of that but somehow had it in my head that the talksoup thread was just a plain discussion thread on it

should i edit out the other 3rd party items?

however, in context i praise the vcap and imod in comparison to another item

i think this is healthy debate and comparison no?

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #327 of 328
Hello Ken,

Mind if you could give me a specific number on the dimension of ALO P-VCAP? Thanks

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #328 of 328
What voltage PSU does the Vcap dock use?!

I found a salvage dock with no accessories. Vinnie thought maybe 5V PSU, but encouraged me to check with ALO. Ken’s staff doesn’t seem to answer email questions on old gear. @KB

Does anyone have a schematic, pics or modder discussion thread to convert an iPod 5.5 to iMod 5.5?

Attachments

• IMG_8259.jpeg
    IMG_8259.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back