Instrumental rock/jazz/fusion, prog, prog metal, experimental,
Jan 13, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #27 of 108
Interesting concept, koover.

I'm not that familiar with the above artists and styles. But was into jazz fusion back in the 1970's and 80's. Maybe this is goin back a bit too far, but these are a few of the artists that sort of stand out in my mind from that period, that might perhaps be worth a look...

Stanley Clarke
Chick Corea
George Duke
Herbie Hancock
Jeff Lorber
Lyle Mays
Jaco Pastorius
Jean Luc-Ponty
Pat Metheny
Wayne Shorter
Narada Michael Walden
Kazumi and Sadao Watanabe
Weather Report

Jan 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #28 of 108
Interesting concept, koover.

I'm not that familiar with the above artists and styles. But was into jazz fusion back in the 1970's and 80's. Maybe this is goin back a bit too far, but these are a few of the artists that sort of stand out in my mind from that period, that might perhaps be worth a look...

Stanley Clarke
Chick Corea
George Duke
Herbie Hancock
Jeff Lorber
Lyle Mays
Jaco Pastorius
Jean Luc-Ponty
Pat Metheny
Wayne Shorter
Narada Michael Walden
Kazumi and Sadao Watanabe
Weather Report
I am VERY familiar and actually still listen to a lot of these guys/bands. You should give a listen to what I've posted then, and to end of song. Some, you may hate right off the bat so it's players choice to listen or not. It's a wide variety of styles. I just didn't go back as far as what you listed as they're all pretty much old school and what I posted, except for a song or 2 (Brand X) not as much fusion per say. That was what I listened to growing up when my musical career and aspirations were still strong.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #29 of 108
Just found this thread. Lovely stuff!

These are some of my favorites:

- Animals as Leaders;
- Chon;
- David Micic;
- Distant Dream;
- I built the sky;
- Intervals;
- Ohgod!;
- Owane;
- Plastic Mind Frequencies;
- Plini;
- Polyphia;
- Scale the Summit;
- Sithu Aye;
- Syncatto;
- Their Dogs were Astraunats;
- Theo Young;
- Umi;
- Zac Tiessen.

Now I'm just looking for a good Headphone specifically for these bands - Instrumental Progressive Metal.

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #30 of 108
So incredibly good. 3 live tracks performed in a studio without an audience. What great musicians, just incredible. I love their live sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back