Introducing HIFIMAN Ananda Nano
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #617 of 785
I've just bought the he6se v2, 600 pounds, I'm selling my Nano. Anyone with ears will understand. I've been listening to music for 15 hours straight. It's like the nano is dragging you along at 70 mph, let's stop at the service station.. we haven't got time. The he6se let's you pee and have time to breathe

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #621 of 785
Might keep both, been swapping and changing and it's a different listen. I won't bore ppl with my headphone history as it's about the product not me. Since I went the Hifiman route I'm hooked

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #628 of 785
Would you call the Nano an upgrade over the Edition XS, or is it a different animal presentation wise?

I’d add to his review that with a minimum of technical knowledge, a frequency signature on a decent planar magnetic driver is the least of your concern as it really take EQing effortlessly. The same can’t be said about the time domain, sadly.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #629 of 785
@martel80 thank you for this. I actually bought the Nano in the meantime, so I'm comparing them directly since yesterday. Yeah, it's an upgrade and a bigger one that I expected to be honest. The difference in resolution and transparency is significant. It's more sterile, but not leaner, it actually can produce a greater wall of sound than the Edition XS. I love its stock tuning, the only thing I fine-tuned was the bas and the 7khz+ range. It can sound harsh and dry on bad recordings, but overall it's significantly better at technicalities.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the soundstage. It's definitely more precise and technical, but not as ethereal and airy as on the Edition XS, not as "cinematic". So I set my eyes on the Arya Stealth. No doubts that their soundstage is great, I was interested about the rest of their tuning though. The reviewer you linked to @martel80 touches this briefly. He basically says they retain the same amount texture without sounding too dry. That with a potentially better staging performance might be something I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #630 of 785
@martel80 thank you for this. I actually bought the Nano in the meantime, so I'm comparing them directly since yesterday. Yeah, it's an upgrade and a bigger one that I expected to be honest. The difference in resolution and transparency is significant. It's more sterile, but not leaner, it actually can produce a greater wall of sound than the Edition XS. I love its stock tuning, the only thing I fine-tuned was the bas and the 7khz+ range. It can sound harsh and dry on bad recordings, but overall it's significantly better at technicalities.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the soundstage. It's definitely more precise and technical, but not as ethereal and airy as on the Edition XS, not as "cinematic". So I set my eyes on the Arya Stealth. No doubts that their soundstage is great, I was interested about the rest of their tuning though. The reviewer you linked to @martel80 touches this briefly. He basically says they retain the same amount texture without sounding too dry. That with a potentially better staging performance might be something I'm looking for.
You could also look into the HE1000 stealth or SE. I think both also have exaggerated soundstage that gives this cathedral type of impression. I must say I never heard both but that’s the word in the street . Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back