Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #676 of 684
Hey all,

I have the momentum 4, and wondering what the next logical step is (if there is one) for a portable set. Read good things about edifier stax, but they use lamb skin and I am vegan. I have the maxwell, which are great, but not very portable. Xm5 are terrible, px7 are meh. Even the h95 is just meh. Bathys are about the same as maxwell from what I have read, but double the price. Is the momentum 4 top of the game at this point?
Dali IO-12

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #677 of 684
I've raised this question with Sennheiser direct but checking with you wise folk as well. I've had these about a month and am struggling to get on with them. The biggest issue is that when I either tilt my head backwards or (more consistently) wear them with the headband towards the back of my head (on or behind the lump) then the bass improves and overall the SQ is 'punchier'. I'm not overly impressed with the much more natural and comfortable position of headband at the middle of my head. I've tried all the settings (or at least I think I have). Anyone else have this - is it just the way of these (if so I may seek a refund). Thanks in advance.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #679 of 684
Hey all,

I have the momentum 4, and wondering what the next logical step is (if there is one) for a portable set. Read good things about edifier stax, but they use lamb skin and I am vegan. I have the maxwell, which are great, but not very portable. Xm5 are terrible, px7 are meh. Even the h95 is just meh. Bathys are about the same as maxwell from what I have read, but double the price. Is the momentum 4 top of the game at this point?
If it helps…I thought the same so purchased a Dali IO12. ended up returning the Dali and keeping my momentum. Slightly better soundstage and detail wasn’t worth the extra $1000 imo. Momentum put up a serious fight against arguably the best BT cans (sound wise). Also the Dali was a downgrade in battery life. I’m looking at PSB M4U 9 currently, not necessarily because it may or may not be better sounding but for the replaceable battery coupled with everything else.

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #680 of 684
Hi, when you have the momentum 4 wired, doesn't the eq on the app apply? They sound awful in any case, I don't know why...

And one more question, I also bought the BTD 600 but when I'm using it with a computer if I open the app on my phone, it starts to have poorer sound with plenty of interferences. Is it normal?

EDIT: Even if I have them wired when I open the app I have a cut. It's very annoying.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #681 of 684
Hi, when you have the momentum 4 wired, doesn't the eq on the app apply? They sound awful in any case, I don't know why...

And one more question, I also bought the BTD 600 but when I'm using it with a computer if I open the app on my phone, it starts to have poorer sound with plenty of interferences. Is it normal?

EDIT: Even if I have them wired when I open the app I have a cut. It's very annoying.

Thanks!
Yes EQ works unless you switch off BT.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #682 of 684

Thanks!
If you’re listening wired / powered off the headphone DSP is disabled and any preset eq you have saved in the app will not apply because the headphones are turned off. So yes…at first listen, they will sound bad. However…you can (and should) eq separately (Peace, poweramp etc.) to get them to sound good. I listen passively wired all the time to save battery. I’ve eq’d them to sound very close (a bit less bass) to how they sound powered on.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #684 of 684
Here's what I use. It looks crazy but remember this is for passive (powered off), wired only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426-154845~2.png
    Screenshot_20240426-154845~2.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back