Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Nov 26, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #646 of 684
Hi, I just got these in the Amazon black Friday deals.
They sound really nice, very happy.

I have found a bug with ANC
FW 2.13.28
HW ver 4
Android MIUI 14.0.8
Smart Control - to change the settings.

When I was trying the ANC last night I noticed that I could hear my heating unit when I had the ANC on full.

I tried coming off full and and headed towards transparency at about 75% and then the heating unit was not heard.

Not happy with that result this morning I tried it again and yes i could hear the heating unit at 100% ANC.

The fix was to have the ANC slider at 100% and toggle Adaptive on then off.
After doing so the ANC was fully working and I could not hear the heating at 100% ANC. ( I can hear the heating with adaptive on)

After doing this I find the ANC to be very good.

I have to redo the toggle to fix them every time I use them.

I hope you can pass this on to the devs Eric.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #647 of 684
Hi, I just got these in the Amazon black Friday deals.
They sound really nice, very happy.

FW 2.13.28
HW ver 4
Android MIUI 14.0.8
Smart Control - to change the settings.

When I was trying the ANC last night I noticed that I could hear my heating unit when I had the ANC on full.

I tried coming off full and and headed towards transparency at about 75% and then the heating unit was not heard.

Not happy with that result this morning I tried it again and yes i could hear the heating unit at 100% ANC.

The fix was to have the ANC slider at 100% and toggle Adaptive on then off.
After doing so the ANC was fully working and I could not hear the heating at 100% ANC. ( I can hear the heating with adaptive on)

After doing this I find the ANC to be very good.

I have to redo the toggle to fix them every time I use them.

I hope you can pass this on to the devs Eric.
Yeah... This bug is there at least three firmwares back, probably since the beginning. You can read my previous posts about it. Either no one else hears it, or this exists only on certain units.
My guess is this is only audiable in very quiet environments.
I got used to it. Doubt that this will ever be fixed...
I think you don't have to move the slider. Toggle Adaptive ON and OFF will do.

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #648 of 684
Yeah... This bug is there at least three firmwares back, probably since the beginning. You can read my previous posts about it. Either no one else hears it, or this exists only on certain units.
My guess is this is only audiable in very quiet environments.
I got used to it. Doubt that this will ever be fixed...
I think you don't have to move the slider. Toggle Adaptive ON and OFF will do.
Sorry I didn't read the thread before hand or I wouldn't of posted this bug again.
I bought them in a whim because of the low price. It's the limited edition pair.
I already have the XM5, APM, Bose QC Ultra for ANC duties.
My room is quiet to start with, its to block out day to day noises and my son while he games and shouts on his head set in another room.

Such a shame they can not figure this one out because when you do the toggle fix the ANC is decent for my use case.

I use them on my TV the most for PC, gaming movies TV etc so having to fire them on my phone to toggle will likely get on my nerves soon.
Enjoying music on them, its nice to turn off the main rig and get lost in a quiet world with just the music.
These are taking the music crown along side the QC Ultras out of my ANC sets.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #649 of 684
FW 2.13.28

I notice exactly the same behavior since last week.
I'm also on FW 2.13.28, but on HW version 3.0.
In my case it is not fixed by enabling and disabling adaptive ANC.
My best guess is that this bug was introduced with FW 2.13.28.

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #650 of 684
Today I was using them with ANC on full (after a toggle)
Later that listening session I hear the Ding sample like i was making a change.
ANC turned itself off with no input from myself by touch or by the app.

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #651 of 684
Been enjoying these excellent cans for a year now, but I have a couple of problems I hope someone at Sennheiser can read:

-When playing a really silent part of a track (but not completely silent, there has to be a bit of signal) my M4s will make a very soft crackling noise, which becomes more noticeable at lower volumes and fades as you turn up the volume. To reproduce this problem, you can play 4'33'' by John Cage (https://tidal.com/browse/track/37646270)

-If I'm using the Hi-Res mode, my M4s will become extremely buggy and even stop responding altogether sometimes. Sound alerts (for example, the one it plays when I tap to pause/play) will sound choppy or even won't sound at all. But like I say, this only happens if I stream at 96 kHz.

All of these issues have been tested with multiple devices. I hope an update can patch them in a future release.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #653 of 684
I used the Momentum 4 with FW 2.13.28 two more weeks with ANC on and off.
I'm now sure FW 2.13.28 severely broke the ANC.
While I'm typing this, vacuum cleaning is going on and the ANC (slider 100% to left) cancels out nothing!

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #654 of 684
Sound wise the best bluetooth headphone I have.
ANC when working is up there with the best.
When its not working correctly is one of the worst.
I know FW can introduce bugs its the nature of the beast. I just hope they can figure this one out.

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #655 of 684
What would you say are the best EQ settings for a more balanced sound in the app's new 5-band equalizer? I've noticed in some music the base can definitely take over. I've seen some people post graphics based on Harman AE/OE2018 target like the attached. But I'm unsure how to simplify it down to what's available.

Much thanks for any help

momentum-4-eq.png
I was wondering the exact same thing!
Someone has a good 5 band EQ setting which lowers the bass and is still in line with the Harman curve?
Would appreciate some help here since the sound personalisation is not doing it for me.

Jan 3, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #656 of 684
Been enjoying these excellent cans for a year now, but I have a couple of problems I hope someone at Sennheiser can read:

-When playing a really silent part of a track (but not completely silent, there has to be a bit of signal) my M4s will make a very soft crackling noise, which becomes more noticeable at lower volumes and fades as you turn up the volume. To reproduce this problem, you can play 4'33'' by John Cage (https://tidal.com/browse/track/37646270)

-If I'm using the Hi-Res mode, my M4s will become extremely buggy and even stop responding altogether sometimes. Sound alerts (for example, the one it plays when I tap to pause/play) will sound choppy or even won't sound at all. But like I say, this only happens if I stream at 96 kHz.

All of these issues have been tested with multiple devices. I hope an update can patch them in a future release.
I can't hear any crackling with my new M4 (Black Copper SE) but I had older M4s previously which might have suffered from the issue you're talking about which I didn't think too much about. Is this what you're experiencing? https://www.dropbox.com/s/krro1si7ttf2zwr/Test.mp3?dl=0
https://www.reddit.com/r/sennheiser...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Jan 4, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #657 of 684
Jan 4, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #658 of 684
Yes, that is absolutely my problem
Might have to get a replacement and see if it continues to have the problem, maybe an issue with some black/white earlier editions. My first unit I bought in 2022 had it (sounds like a cat purring in low volume) but I thought it wasn’t an issue till I got the new SE this past week and haven’t noticed it at all. I couldn’t hear that Dropbox link but I did on my first unit. Maybe the latest firmware might fix it but highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back