Introducing the Apos Ray Vacuum Tubes: Rekindle Your Love for Rich, Warm Sound
Jan 31, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #62 of 76
that aint any logic there, thats just how u feel.
So you mean just like you feel that every new production tube shouldn't cost more than 25$

25$ today means ~1.20$ish in 1940. So if we calculate actual numbers NOS tubes should be ~1$ each if you say a new production tube should be 25$
Both tubes would have the same value at time of production and that is no feeling but just currency development over the years

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #63 of 76
So you mean just like you feel that every new production tube shouldn't cost more than 25$
nope
25$ today means ~1.20$ish in 1940. So if we calculate actual numbers NOS tubes should be ~1$ each if you say a new production tube should be 25$
Both tubes would have the same value at time of production and that is no feeling but just currency development over the years
ok, well, thats your point to make. not mine. i made mine.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #64 of 76
nope

ok, well, thats your point to make. not mine. i made mine.
You didn’t, you just stated that new production tubes shouldn't cost more than 25$ with no reasoning whatsoever.

In orther words, that's just how you feel about it

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #67 of 76
paying attention beats making things up and putting words in someones mouth.
I didn't make anything up, nor put words in anyones mouth

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #68 of 76
@Apos Audio you wanrt to sell me something and hide what you sell at the same time. you refuse to give name and location of "partner factory" in china like it is dirty secret. if what you sell is quality and respectable you do not hide.
Hello,
as a certified seller and also as a seller who has given the order to a company XY to have something produced on their behalf, something like Apos Audio also has the finger on it and determines how far information may go beyond that.
You are offering a tube here and you are free to buy it or not, nobody is forcing you to do so.
But your comments are disrespectful in that respect, especially that there are fewer manufacturers.
And we can all be very happy that there is someone out there who is investing money for us.
Whether it ends up being a Russian or Chinese tube doesn't matter, what matters is the construction and the materials used.
And I can tell you that the 12AU7 is very good, as is the 6SN7 tube from Apos Audio.
Be a little careful with your statements and claims if you don't know what was actually manufactured and have convinced yourself of it.
As for the price, it is reasonable for what you get, considering the manufacturing and other things.
Apart from that, you should not blame the manufacturing countries here because they are still affordable today.
What drives the price are the hurdles when the tubes leave the country of manufacture.
Taxes are being fixed and things like that, everyone wants a piece of the pie.
Apple goes one step further and sells their devices 4 times more expensive than it actually costs, is that fair?
No, but everyone buys Apple, but strangely enough no one ever says anything.
That's why I find your accusations a bit tasteless, especially when there's no argument in the room, it's better not to say anything.
If you were nicer you could ask Apos Audio yourself and hope you get an answer.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #70 of 76
Hello,
as a certified seller and also as a seller who has given the order to a company XY to have something produced on their behalf, something like Apos Audio also has the finger on it and determines how far information may go beyond that.
You are offering a tube here and you are free to buy it or not, nobody is forcing you to do so.
But your comments are disrespectful in that respect, especially that there are fewer manufacturers.
And we can all be very happy that there is someone out there who is investing money for us.
Whether it ends up being a Russian or Chinese tube doesn't matter, what matters is the construction and the materials used.
And I can tell you that the 12AU7 is very good, as is the 6SN7 tube from Apos Audio.
Be a little careful with your statements and claims if you don't know what was actually manufactured and have convinced yourself of it.
As for the price, it is reasonable for what you get, considering the manufacturing and other things.
Apart from that, you should not blame the manufacturing countries here because they are still affordable today.
What drives the price are the hurdles when the tubes leave the country of manufacture.
Taxes are being fixed and things like that, everyone wants a piece of the pie.
Apple goes one step further and sells their devices 4 times more expensive than it actually costs, is that fair?
No, but everyone buys Apple, but strangely enough no one ever says anything.
That's why I find your accusations a bit tasteless, especially when there's no argument in the room, it's better not to say anything.
If you were nicer you could ask Apos Audio yourself and hope you get an answer.
the obfuscation is disrespectful.

my comments are the correct response to the obfuscation.

take care from where u purchase as we do no know where and by whom the tubes are manufactured.

i made no accusation at all but stated my observation.

be a little careful with your claims as they are fabricated.

@Apos Audio has refused to answer polite inquiry.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #71 of 76
the obfuscation is disrespectful.

my comments are the correct response to the obfuscation.

take care from where u purchase as we do no know where and by whom the tubes are manufactured.

i made no accusation at all but stated my observation.

be a little careful with your claims as they are fabricated.

@Apos Audio has refused to answer polite inquiry.
In the end, it doesn't matter which country the tube comes from if the price matches the performance.
Strictly speaking, good new stock tubes also come from both countries, be it Russia or China.
And finally, the Apos Ray tubes come from one of the two countries, which is enough, because there is no other country besides JJ Electronics that is based in Slovakia.
Let's take Eh,Tungsol,Mullard which is made in Russia,and all of them are well known for their characteristics.
What is the problem if it actually comes from China?
Chinese tubes can also be very good.
I think it's good that Apos Audio is going in the direction of Nos American with the Ray, warm, lush and beautifully clean.
That's what we all wanted and wished for, so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter where the Ray tube comes from.
The real Chinese tubes that run under Shuang, Ps vane, Linlai are not bad either, but something is still missing.
It's also good that Apos Audio obviously has an internal team here that gives the manufacturer clear guidelines.
There's nothing wrong with that either, and again, whoever invests gets to decide.
That's just the way it is.
Unfortunately, I find your statements somewhat presumptuous as far as Apos Audio is concerned.
And I can only politely remind you that it is worth the money.
There are a lot of positive reviews about the 12AU7 and I am currently in the final phase of publishing a review of the 6SN7.
And about the 6SN7 I can say that it is a fantastic tube which is good for the Felik Euforia amplifier.
Both tubes 12Au7 and 6SN7 outperform the new stock market and keep up very well with Nos tubes.

A little tip on the side, if you order both tubes from Apos Audio you can be sure that you will get a non-disguised set or single tubes.
And as you have already realised, you can currently only get the tubes from their online shop.

I can't understand why you are claiming that something is being concealed, what do you think you have to assume?
Because everything about the tube content can be found on the Apos Audio homepage.

Just for your information.
There are only 3 countries where tubes are still produced.
I have just named them.
And whether the Ray is labelled is not to be assumed, the construction differs from current New Stocks.
What I can tell you is that the owner of TJ Fullmusic has died and his machines have been sold.
TJ Fullmusic was actually quite good but tended to fail.
At this point you can assume that the current owner of the machines turned it off if they were actually running.
Kron Audio no longer exists because the owner died.
It is not known what the current state of affairs is.
Especially not who bought the machines.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #72 of 76
In the end, it doesn't matter which country the tube comes from if the price matches the performance.
Strictly speaking, good new stock tubes also come from both countries, be it Russia or China.
And finally, the Apos Ray tubes come from one of the two countries, which is enough, because there is no other country besides JJ Electronics that is based in Slovakia.
Let's take Eh,Tungsol,Mullard which is made in Russia,and all of them are well known for their characteristics.
What is the problem if it actually comes from China?
Chinese tubes can also be very good.
I think it's good that Apos Audio is going in the direction of Nos American with the Ray, warm, lush and beautifully clean.
That's what we all wanted and wished for, so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter where the Ray tube comes from.
The real Chinese tubes that run under Shuang, Ps vane, Linlai are not bad either, but something is still missing.
It's also good that Apos Audio obviously has an internal team here that gives the manufacturer clear guidelines.
There's nothing wrong with that either, and again, whoever invests gets to decide.
That's just the way it is.
Unfortunately, I find your statements somewhat presumptuous as far as Apos Audio is concerned.
And I can only politely remind you that it is worth the money.
There are a lot of positive reviews about the 12AU7 and I am currently in the final phase of publishing a review of the 6SN7.
And about the 6SN7 I can say that it is a fantastic tube which is good for the Felik Euforia amplifier.
Both tubes 12Au7 and 6SN7 outperform the new stock market and keep up very well with Nos tubes.

A little tip on the side, if you order both tubes from Apos Audio you can be sure that you will get a non-disguised set or single tubes.
And as you have already realised, you can currently only get the tubes from their online shop.

I can't understand why you are claiming that something is being concealed, what do you think you have to assume?
Because everything about the tube content can be found on the Apos Audio homepage.

Just for your information.
There are only 3 countries where tubes are still produced.
I have just named them.
And whether the Ray is labelled is not to be assumed, the construction differs from current New Stocks.
What I can tell you is that the owner of TJ Fullmusic has died and his machines have been sold.
TJ Fullmusic was actually quite good but tended to fail.
At this point you can assume that the current owner of the machines turned it off if they were actually running.
Kron Audio no longer exists because the owner died.
It is not known what the current state of affairs is.
Especially not who bought the machines.
I like PS Vane 12AU7, very difficult tube to beat. I have also some Genelec 6922 in use and sellers who have other Russian tubes in stock I do not want to put down, but to tell that its not any problems with new tubes from Russia today, think twice.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #73 of 76
My review is up here

I still have some time with them, so might add some more to it later.

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #74 of 76
I've been told the Ray Reserve sounds like a warmer version of the Psvane UK6sn7. I just got a Cv181 T Mkii I enjoy the Psvanes. Any comparisons?

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #75 of 76
What are some opinions on how the Ray 12AU7 compares to the Gold Lion ECC82 (12AU7)?

I hear that the Rays, Gold Lions, and Psvane Art tubes are the best new production 12AU7s (some even claim the Rays are just selected and rebranded Psvane tubes).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back