Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #16 of 401
I had a quick exchange with Kiên on the topic of burn in, he said the dynamic benefits from burn in but the magnetostatic is not a definite yes from him.

My own take is, if I trust what I am hearing, the Fusion does benefit from burn in and not only in the bass department. It's not night and day, and it's always tricky as I don't have a fresh out of the box second pair to compare, but I would swear I do hear a smoother treble.

As I keep listening to the Fusion, those really grow on me and I like them even more. The combination of the outstanding clear sound infused by its treble presentation and the powerful, tight bass bridged by it's natural, clear and slightly forward mids is quite unlike anything I have heard. This review is going to be interesting to write as I go through more diverse albums and tracks. One thing is sure : it's a great all rounder. But I often lean towards more dynamic genres because it's such fun with the Fusion!

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 401
Screenshot_20191120-222107.jpg

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 401
I really hope those of us that ordered (universals at least) during the last sale will receive our Fusions before the next sale, so we can give feedback to prospective buyers. If so, I think it can be even more of a success for the Itsfit team (hint hint).

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #19 of 401
So a little A/B session with the Fusion and FIBAE7...with Cayin N6ii and T01 and DITA Oslo in both case.

The Fusion sub bass has more presence (not that the F7 is lacking there), while the mid bass is a bit leaner than the FIBAE7 with overall a tighter bass presentation. Both have great bass textures, the Fusion has a more detailed presentation in the bass and also faster decay despite being a dynamic driver.

The F7 features more forward mids than the Fusion with more exciting upper mids - there is more definitely more bite there - but also more lower mids which makes for a thicker and fuller presentation. While not recessed, the Fusion mids are less prominent and not as bodied and energetic although it’s very relative since they are not thin or dull either (just the F7 is very much at the top of the scale there). The Fusion mids are natural sounding but lean towards reference with a touch of warmth. The F7 is more euphonic, rich and saturated.

The Fusion treble is clearer and is more accurate in terms of tone, while the F7 has a touch of warmth there but at the same time a bit more lower treble energy. Decay is faster on the Fusion, while the F7 has wetter notes and a tad longer decay - a more romantic presentation if you will. The Fusion has more extension in the upper treble section with more air. I’d give the edge on resolution to the Fusion thanks to its clearer signature and extension.

There is more air and the Fusion is the clear winner on soundstage which is quite wider, depth and height are fairly similar so the Fusion soundstage is more elliptical while the F7 is more balanced.

The F7 wows me with its rich textures, it’s prominent beautifully bodied mids and overall romantic presentation... The Fusion wows me with its deep, powerful and well controlled bass and treble that provides great clarity... the mids are less prominent but as I said before the highlight might be their bass and treble but the mids are a keystone of the Fusion balance : they’re clear, natural sounding with slightly forward vocals.
with all of my readings, F7 seems like a good iem for me to swap from M9. How i wish i can demo them!

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 401
Any comparaison between fusion and Fearless S8f ?

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #21 of 401
I thought the Fusion deserves its own thread.
Great write up, thank you. Just a quick question about fit. How large are they, or maybe better to ask, how flush do they sit in the ear as opposed to sticking out? Can one sleep comfortably with them?

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #23 of 401
Great write up, thank you. Just a quick question about fit. How large are they, or maybe better to ask, how flush do they sit in the ear as opposed to sticking out? Can one sleep comfortably with them?

They're not big, but they do protrude so it will depend on your sensitivity level to pressure, I can wear them on the side but it's not as comfortable as say a smaller footprint IEM like the FIBAE7

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #24 of 401
Merci, Monsieur Molliere.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #25 of 401
I saw a post on my Facebook page from Itsfit and it looks like they have a bunch of Fusions both custom and universal ready to ship out. I'm hoping mine arrive soon....

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #27 of 401
Fusion on the way; with Black Friday soon, time to grab some cables.
Any recommendations for cable pairing with N6ii A01 with Fusion? Not super expensive. Sub 300$. :thinking:

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #29 of 401
Fusion on the way; with Black Friday soon, time to grab some cables. Any recommendations for cable pairing with N6ii A01 with Fusion? Not super expensive. Sub 300$. :thinking:

In the sub 300$ my best pairing with the Fusion is the Dunu Hulk, it brings some extra body to the Fusion mids, superb bass control and nice textures and I like it.
Null Audio Tiburon 8 wire is interesting as well, furthering the soundstage expansion and with greater bass and upper treble presence, but I find mids a bit more ethereal.
Depends on what you're looking for.

Above 300$ DITA Oslo is quite a nice pairing as well.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #30 of 401
In the sub 300$ my best pairing with the Fusion is the Dunu Hulk, it brings some extra body to the Fusion mids, superb bass control and nice textures and I like it.
Null Audio Tiburon 8 wire is interesting as well, furthering the soundstage expansion and with greater bass and upper treble presence, but I find mids a bit more ethereal.
Depends on what you're looking for.

Above 300$ DITA Oslo is quite a nice pairing as well.

Are these findings based on pairing with A01? Hulk looks good for the price. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back