Judes got company
Aug 13, 2001 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Yep I think I've caught "jude-itis" and just ordered a Russ Andrews eight way powerblock for get this £350.00!!!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I am already using their Kimber powerkord and High current powerkord on the cd and amp so figured what the heck and placed the order.....

Incidentally I am also using one of the standard powerkords as the mains lead in the Musical Fidelity x-psu............

Aug 13, 2001 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 20
And you think I'm the mad one!!
eek.gif

Aug 13, 2001 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 20
To see what I have purchased (there is a 30 day money back guarantee thank god, though I admit I am sitting here thinking "what have I done
confused.gif
eek.gif
!"

Click on the link and then scroll down the page until you get to the Russ Andrews Mains Accessories:-www.hifiplus.com/hi-fi_awards_2000.html

Aug 13, 2001 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 20
... and here I am contemplating if I made a mistake spending $300 on Etymotics. 350 quid for power conditioner?? Sure, why not... I feel better now.

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by davidcotton
Yep I think I've caught "jude-itis" and just ordered a Russ Andrews eight way powerblock for get this £350.00!!!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I am already using their Kimber powerkord and High current powerkord on the cd and amp so figured what the heck and placed the order.....

Incidentally I am also using one of the standard powerkords as the mains lead in the Musical Fidelity x-psu............

Wow, very cool looking, man! Ummm.....what does it it do? Do you know of a site that describes the concepts behind the design?

I think my next big outlay will be an investment in a balanced power transformer. That my AC is unbalanced....makes me feel off-kilter.
wink.gif
(yeah, I know....that was bad)

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 20
Nah jude, skip these little baby steps. Go straight for the gusto, and replace every power line in the house w/ new ones. Heck, why don't you just commission a new power station built exclusively for your house? It's the only way to be sure nobody else is screwing up your power!
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:38 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Nah jude, skip these little baby steps. Go straight for the gusto, and replace every power line in the house w/ new ones. Heck, why don't you just commission a new power station built exclusively for your house? It's the only way to be sure nobody else is screwing up your power!
biggrin.gif

The thought had crossed my mind, but my concern was the EMI that would almost certainly.....

Aug 13, 2001 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 20
EMI? No problem, just take the shielding off of about 5 million different cables and apply it over every wall in your house.

Aug 13, 2001 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Ummm.....what does it it do? Do you know of a site that describes the concepts behind the design?

The Company does have a website at www.russandrews.com but its being "updated" at the mo
wink.gif

When the updates complete there should be a list of what products they do and what the products do!!

Basically it helps reduce mains noise and cancels all rfi (radio frequency interference).

Like I said in the original posting I have used their Powerkords to great effect, putting a high current one on the cd player was amazing. The system now sounds really good
tongue.gif
more importantly it does sound good pretty much anytime I play it!

Ever tried your system out and somedays it sounds great and others its like "hmmm sure it sounded better the other day!", well these babys are the answer (or at least one answer anyway

I'm looking at a week/fortnights delivery time now so could get it before the bank holiday in england
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 13, 2001 at 10:08 PM Post #12 of 20
May I just add that smoking some decent weed is a lot more effective than these tweaks? And it's good against asthma, too...
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Standard disclaimer: Of course, kids shouldn't do this at home, and even grown-ups should only do that where it's legal or at least tolerated - so far the Netherlands, most parts Switzerland, Belgium and recently Portugal, as far as I know.

P.P.S.: Alright, these tweaks can be effective if you really suffer from bad power. Nevertheless I find most of this "audio optimized" stuff overpriced.

Aug 14, 2001 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
May I just add that smoking some decent weed is a lot more effective than these tweaks? And it's good against asthma, too...
wink.gif

Thats Ironic considering I had to take today off work ill due to ASTHMA
mad.gif
frown.gif

I'm "blaming" it on the damned hot weather (what is it with Britain at the mo?? it never used to get THIS hot
biggrin.gif
) and the increase in pollen in the atmosphere.....

Oh and its also causing my ears to get blocked up as well
rolleyes.gif

Still back to work tomorrow......
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back