Judes got company
Aug 14, 2001 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
David, how did you put a power cord on the marantz amp and CD? have you "chopped" it off? and is there really that much difference?

Yep thats exactly what I did
eek.gif
Took a lot of courage to do it but there you go. You have to attach a male IEC plug to whats left of the original cord, about four inches.

Also (feel an idiot for typing this but hey you can never be to careful right
wink.gif
) make sure you have turned off the amp or cd player before touching the cables. Also get someone who knows what they are doing when rewiring the plug!

I'd better start by explaining that I tried the Powerkords because I have been getting intermittent humming with the amp and figured that this may help reduce or control it. Well it reduced it but didn' stop it. I have now figured out that the humming is due to a) the washing machine down stairs, every time it kicks into a high spin cycle there goes the hum, happened to many times for coincidence
rolleyes.gif
and b) the damn fridge kicking in every so often...)

It does improve it but if you arnt sure then the problem is you have to replace the cord with a detachable one (the normal ones shouldnt cost that much to get
wink.gif
)

I have the Russ Andrews High current powerkord on the cd player (that cost £120.00 and was well worth it!) and a standard powerkord at £90. though they have been replaced with the one that got reviewed in the latest hifi choice!

It makes the sound clearer and more consistent. Ever noticed that your system sounds good one time of the day and later it could sound really bad? Thats the mains doing their work!
wink.gif

If you are happy with the sound you have Raymondlin, then I wouldnt bother unless you are feeling brave and get some more cds with the cash instead
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
If you think you are having trouble with the mains then try one of their silencers for £40.00 and go from there, just plug it in next to your cd or amp and see if theres a difference, if there is great, if there isnt just send it back and get your cash back
wink.gif

Hope that helps and let us know what you do! (if anything..)

Aug 14, 2001 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 20
quote:

"May I just add that smoking some decent weed is a lot more effective than these tweaks"

This is very true, but any money you save by not buying the tweak products gets spent on buying snack foods.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 2:54 AM Post #18 of 20
mbriant: Yup, but you can prevent that if you do a little additional shroomin' at the same time...
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Is there a need for an additional standard shroomin' disclaimer?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 2:32 PM Post #20 of 20
"scratches head"
Man, I don't remember my Health classes ever covering these important benefits...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back