just got my HE60/HEV70
May 20, 2008 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

waddragon

Banned
Today I have just got the setup. I read a lot of review about the combo and know that HEV70 is HE60's weakness. However, after listening to the combo, I am totally surprised. The sound is so so good. So if everyone say HEV70 is phone's weakness, then I will love the HE60 more when I reterminate it with stax plug
wink.gif
. I can say that the stock combo is very detail, large soundstage, super comfortable.

May 20, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 27
My HE60 were Stax re-terminated by Rudistor before I bought them, and came with an adapter to use with the HEV70. I am just waiting for the 110vAC power supply that I ordered to come in, so I haven't been able to try them with the HEV70.

In the meantime I have used it with my SRM-1 Mk2 Pro, and with Travagans Red headphone amp via speaker out into SRD-7 Pro - they are very transparent and with better pinpoint focus of the soundstage than my Stax SR-Lambda Signature. Overall they are hard to put down once I start listening. They are not a "fun" headphone - they are an analytical detailed accurate neutral and transparent headphone. Too bad they don't have the bass of the Stax, and then they'd be fun
wink.gif

From the moment I got them I had problems with the right side driver taking 2 hours to charge up, and after a week and 4 cycles of "charge, run, discharge, and repeat" I sent everything to Sennheiser to have it serviced (this past Friday). They are going to replace the drivers as a matched set, and will check over the HEV70 to be sure it is okay since the power supply wont be shipping to me till around Friday.

I will be able to try them with a Nuforce Icon speaker amp and SRD-7 Pro. But, I am not sure whether it will be better than what I have, although it has 2.5x the power and supposedly has tremendous bass.

May 20, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since i got my HE60/HEV70, i have not listened to anything else. i almost feel like i could live with this setup by itself.

You think it's that much better than the apache?

May 20, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think it's that much better than the apache?

i don't know. but i just love these things - and that's with the HEV70.

May 20, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 27
The HE60 is a great set of headphones. Running them from an SRM-717 has a fabulously clean and refined sound.

May 20, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since i got my HE60/HEV70, i have not listened to anything else. i almost feel like i could live with this setup by itself.

you like the setup HE60/HEV70 more than your Omega setup with KGSS?
wink.gif

May 20, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #13 of 27
The HE60 sound just great with the HEV70. I recently bought a Stax SRM1-MK2 just to find there are no adapters on the market anymore.

I am not sure if an upgrade of the amp is worth the hazzle of a recable.

As some of the pictures showed worn out earpads and a detoriating headband: earpads are still available from sennheiser, headbands are not. I used one for the HD650 which fits perfectly and is very comfortable.

May 20, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #14 of 27
Recabling stats can be remarkably easy, actually. Buy a stax extension cable, snip off the female connector and solder the cable onto the drivers; all you need is someone who has some experience with a soldering gun. And a multimeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back