Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 12, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #10,082 of 63,979

I would say no...buy the ED3c and listen to it for awhile. I have heard the anv is good and I can say with experience the CM9 is not. I have many KZ's and my advice would be go with the ED3c.
Then as you read you could pick up a few more.

Hi CADCAM, thank you very much for answering my question.
I will definitely buy the ED3c as you recommend, it was not yet on my radar (haven't catch up yet on this thread).
I actually have a couple KZ models already:

1. ATE (my favorite)
2. ED10
3. ED2 (with red filters, is that a real ED2 or they sold me a ED Special Edition?)
4. ED9
5. RXs (with blue cable)

And on order I have the following:

1. C56R
2. DT5
3. ED1
4. ED3
5. ED8M (blue)
6. ES (but probably the seller will tell me tomorrow it is out of stock, sadly)
7. GR (probably without holes on the filters)
8. HDS3
9. RX (black)

As you can see, I am assembling a KZ collection, but my wallet is famelic, and I am a bit obsessive.
I desperately tried to buy the DT3 last night, there were three remaining seller on AliExpress who were advertising it. I bought them, one by one, and in each case, a couple hours later the seller told me they were out of stock. Now there is not a single one remaining, which turns me even more sad and anxious, because the stock for all the models I ask for are also available at high prices and from a single seller. 
Therefore, are you sure not a single one of the following models is worth getting (sound quality wise)? Are all of them forgettable at current prices?

1. KZ ANV at USD$27.50?
2. KZ C1 at USD$18?
3. KZ CKW Pro at USD$45?
4. KZ CM9 at USD$16?

Thank you very much.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #10,083 of 63,979

Hi CADCAM, thank you very much for answering my question.
I will definitely buy the ED3c as you recommend, it was not yet on my radar (haven't catch up yet on this thread).
I actually have a couple KZ models already:

1. ATE (my favorite)
2. ED10
3. ED2 (with red filters, is that a real ED2 or they sold me a ED Special Edition?)
4. ED9
5. RXs (with blue cable)

And on order I have the following:

1. C56R
2. DT5
3. ED1
4. ED3
5. ED8M (blue)
6. ES (but probably the seller will tell me tomorrow it is out of stock, sadly)
7. GR (probably without holes on the filters)
8. HDS3
9. RX (black)

As you can see, I am assembling a KZ collection, but my wallet is famelic, and I am a bit obsessive.
I desperately tried to buy the DT3 last night, there were three remaining seller on AliExpress who were advertising it. I bought them, one by one, and in each case, a couple hours later the seller told me they were out of stock. Now there is not a single one remaining, which turns me even more sad and anxious, because the stock for all the models I ask for are also available at high prices and from a single seller. 
Therefore, are you sure not a single one of the following models is worth getting (sound quality wise)? Are all of them forgettable at current prices?

1. KZ ANV at USD$27.50?
2. KZ C1 at USD$18?
3. KZ CKW Pro at USD$45?
4. KZ CM9 at USD$16?

Thank you very much.

The only one that stands out for me is ANV...I've heard its good but haven't personally owned it.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #10,084 of 63,979
Sorry guys if I repeat the same issue... 

I want to buy a KZ earphone for use for as a handsfree solution for call conversation in my MEIZU smartphone

I want clear and loud quality in my ears and in the MICROPHONE use..  I see HD calls characteristic.  

I am between EDR2,  ED9 and ATE.... or something else 

Tell me what you should suggest me.. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #10,085 of 63,979

The only one that stands out for me is ANV...I've heard its good but haven't personally owned it.

OK, thank you very much CADCAM. 
dt880smile.png

Hey guys. Does any one who own the ANV would buy it again at USD$27.50?

Or it is not worth it at that price level?

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #10,086 of 63,979
  Sorry guys if I repeat the same issue... 

I want to buy a KZ earphone for use for as a handsfree solution for call conversation in my MEIZU smartphone

I want clear and loud quality in my ears and in the MICROPHONE use..  I see HD calls characteristic.  

I am between EDR2,  ED9 and ATE.... or something else 

Tell me what you should suggest me.. 

Hi gvekiaris. I have the ED2, ED9 and ATE; all with mics and use them with an iPhone.
1. The ED2 (similar to EDR2) is very light, and easy to put on.
2. The ED9 is very heavy, so it will probably fall off a couple times until you find a good coupling, and get used to it. They fall off a few times when I take them for a walk to talk on the phone.
3. The ATE is my personal favourite among the three, but it is a little cumbersome to put on, would be hard to put in on when trying to answer a call in a hurry. It has happened to me before. 
wink_face.gif

Sadly, I haven't asked the people I talk to on the phone whether they hear me with good quality or not. They don't complain, either.

Therefore, If you ask me, I would go for the ED2 among the three. That would be the EDR2 in your case, just for the ease of using.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #10,092 of 63,979

I would say no...buy the ED3c and listen to it for awhile. I have heard the anv is good and I can say with experience the CM9 is not. I have many KZ's and my advice would be go with the ED3c.
Then as you read you could pick up a few more.

What is the difference between ED3 and ED3c? I mean a small comparision of the sound. I recently bought ED3 and the right earphone is gone within a couple of weeks. 
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #10,093 of 63,979

Would you still buy those models at their current price?

Thank you very much for your answers.

I wouldn't if I'm looking for the sound, since KZ has all tidbits covered up with its recent lineup. But I would if I'm a collector and want to collect all KZ. 

So EDR2 is best solution for microphone use with a smartphone..  Right? 

What about ED9 and ATE....?

I want to buy one of the three ( EDR2,  ED9 and ATE) 

give me a hint... 

I want to use them with my MEIZU smartphone 

I want clear and loud quality in my ears and in the microphone quality... 

My vote goes to EDR2. Very good sound and ED9 as well as ATE need a little bit of amplification, if driven from source like phone to show their full potential. EDR2 would be good choice. It has nice isolation as well. 

Since Kz hds3 is a newer version should I get that instead? Do they sound different?
What about Kz e9 erd2 s4 and e10? Is the hds on par with them or better than them in terms of accuracy/detail?
I forgot to mention that I mainly listen to pop songs (Demi lovato, Cher Lloyd, little mix, etc) and lectures, I also watch movies a lot.

Also which Kz iem has the best isolation?

Among all KZ if you ask ED8m has been the best isolating earphone for me. 

HDS3 has slightly more V-shaped sound than HDS1. Btw go for HDS1 as there are some quality control issues concerning HDS3. Many people have received imbalanced units. You wouldn't want that, right? 

Go for EDR2 or HDS1. Both offer fairly balanced sound, they are very light weight to wear. EDR2 offers a little more bass slam than HDS1 and is more islating. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #10,094 of 63,979
i am new to this forum

i am interesting to buy KZ earphones especially for my android smartphone

i am between ED9 , ED10 , ATE , ATE S and HDS3 

my budget is around  10 USD

for me the most important thing is the quality of microphone ...  
because i have problem i want the other people to hear me clear and loud during a phone conversation

PLEASE propose me
Hey Eisen can you do A/B between ATE and EDR2?

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #10,095 of 63,979

Users who are viewing this thread

Back