Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 13, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #10,096 of 63,966
Since I saw this video with the guy showing how easy it's for ATE to fall off the ears, I thought about getting the ATE-S version but Vapman said they were bad, I use a phone as music player but the HTC A9 has its own DAC AMP which is powerful enough to be like a fiio.
So if I want to get a KZ earphones for sports that wont fall off the ears easily, which one should I get?
Are ZS1/2 too bassy for Trance and Psytrance? Any other model that can fit well and doesn't fall off?

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #10,098 of 63,966
Since I saw this video with the guy showing how easy it's for ATE to fall off the ears, I thought about getting the ATE-S version but Vapman said they were bad, I use a phone as music player but the HTC A9 has its own DAC AMP which is powerful enough to be like a fiio.
So if I want to get a KZ earphones for sports that wont fall off the ears easily, which one should I get?
Are ZS1/2 too bassy for Trance and Psytrance? Any other model that can fit well and doesn't fall off?

My advice since I've been reading your posts in multiple threads since past few days. You have to compromise something if your budget is below $20.

Also pls don't judge the fit from a single personal opinion. ATE with the ear guide offers very good fit. Lot of sellers provide free ear guide with ATE. I was literally laughing when the dude in that vid showed how ATE fells off. Headbanging like that would throw out even a $1500 CIEM.

Just buy both and sell off the one you didn't like. I've been telling this to all budget conscious users.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #10,099 of 63,966
My advice since I've been reading your posts in multiple threads since past few days. You have to compromise something if your budget is below $20.

Also pls don't judge the fit from a single personal opinion. ATE with the ear guide offers very good fit. Lot of sellers provide free ear guide with ATE. I was literally laughing when the dude in that vid showed how ATE fells off. Headbanging like that would throw out even a $1500 CIEM.

Just buy both and sell off the one you didn't like. I've been telling this to all budget conscious users.

Thanks mate!
Did you got the ZS1 so you can compare it with your beloved Z1N mini?
Any preferred seller on AE? (speed and service given)

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #10,100 of 63,966

What is the difference between ED3 and ED3c? I mean a small comparision of the sound. I recently bought ED3 and the right earphone is gone within a couple of weeks. 
frown.gif

I also had both but gave away the ED3 Perfection...IMO the ED3c (Acme youth) had better sq and was a bit lighter in weight. The failure point on all iem's will usually be the connection points. If your careful they should last. I'm super careful with all my hp's and have never had a channel go out on except once...probably shouldn't have said that as I just jinxed myself.
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #10,101 of 63,966

I also had both but gave away the ED3 Perfection...IMO the ED3c (Acme youth) had better sq and was a bit lighter in weight. The failure point on all iem's will usually be the connection points. If your careful they should last. I'm super careful with all my hp's and have never had a channel go out on except once...probably shouldn't have said that as I just jinxed myself.
tongue.gif

both are different?? Could you please share the two links? I pinged someone named WU in HIFI store few days back. He said he is looking into the issue. Not sure what he means. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #10,102 of 63,966

Thanks mate!
Did you got the ZS1 so you can compare it with your beloved Z1N mini?
Any preferred seller on AE? (speed and service given)

Yeah I've already compared ZS1 with ZN1 mini in this thread a few times. 

ZS1 has massive bass compared to ZN1 mini. ZN1 mini still has above average quantity of bass in absolute terms, Both earphones respond very well to the eq and can be adjusted to sound much similar. 

Other difference is obvious and that's memory wire. I don't like that wire personally but lot people do.

These both stores are legit and good : 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1158387?spm=2114.10010108.100005.1.Od5NCm

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #10,103 of 63,966
At that price is CERTAINLY get an ostry kc06. Much better and should be around $30 too.

Thank you very much Ruben123, I'll do some research on that model (ostry kc06), didn't knew it, though it is USD$48 on AliExpress. 
confused_face.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #10,104 of 63,966

Thank you very much Ruben123, I'll do some research on that model (ostry kc06), didn't knew it, though it is USD$48 on AliExpress. 
confused_face.gif

Oh wow, last time I saw it, it was around 30 dollars!! At that price everyone should get the Havi B3 Pro 1s (which Ive seen as low as 42 dollars few weeks back). The KZ HDS1 which you could find sometimes around 5-6 dollars on eBay is a better one then (price/performance wise).

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #10,105 of 63,966
  I wouldn't if I'm looking for the sound, since KZ has all tidbits covered up with its recent lineup. But I would if I'm a collector and want to collect all KZ. 

Thank you very much EISENbricher.
I see your point. But actually it most definitely won't be a complete collection, since I am very late to the KZ party, and most of the old models are totally gone (out of stock). But as I am reading on this thread, most of those models characteristics are already being covered by new models. So I am now thinking on sticking to the new ones (my wallet will thank me). Thanks!!

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #10,106 of 63,966

Thank you very much EISENbricher.
I see your point. But actually it most definitely won't be a complete collection, since I am very late to the KZ party, and most of the old models are totally gone (out of stock). But as I am reading on this thread, most of those models characteristics are already being covered by new models. So I am now thinking on sticking to the new ones (my wallet will thank me). Thanks!!

That's a smart move, because there is no use in having 10+ average earphones when you can have also 2 good earphones and 2 average ones. 10 KZs (at 10$ each) can get you 2 KZs + a Havi B3P1 ($50) and wel some other good one, look at the Asian thread lol

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #10,107 of 63,966
  Oh wow, last time I saw it, it was around 30 dollars!! At that price everyone should get the Havi B3 Pro 1s (which Ive seen as low as 42 dollars few weeks back). The KZ HDS1 which you could find sometimes around 5-6 dollars on eBay is a better one then (price/performance wise).

Ok, I just ordered it after your recommendation, USD $6.37. I'll tell you how do I like it in a couple months. Thanks!

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #10,108 of 63,966

Ok, I just ordered it after your recommendation, USD $6.37. I'll tell you how do I like it in a couple months. Thanks!

Great price, havent seen it much cheaper. I like its weight (or the lack thereof), size (same story) and of course its warm-neutral sound. While is does have some mid bass, it doesnt seem to ruin the music and the mids are really great.

Mar 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #10,109 of 63,966

That's a smart move, because there is no use in having 10+ average earphones when you can have also 2 good earphones and 2 average ones. 10 KZs (at 10$ each) can get you 2 KZs + a Havi B3P1 ($50) and wel some other good one, look at the Asian thread lol

OK, I agree. Sadly, Havi B3 is not easy to come by in my country (Mexico), it's on my list for the next time I travel abroad. And as for the Asian Thread, I want to finish first with the KZ one (am not even at the half yet), then I'll go to the Asian one. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #10,110 of 63,966
Long time no visit(due to the capital controls in Greece I took a long break from KZ).
My ate Just died so I was wondering(It was my favorite from, EDSE/ED3/ED9), should I go for ATE again or try ZN1 mini?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back